The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Who is experiencing software or electrical gremlins?

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:32 AM
Reaction score
Collected my Grenadier and drove 71 miles back to work mostly motorway at 70mph at 18.6mpg
Gateway control unit changed and steering fine so far so hopefully that’s solved the problems. Thanks to Harwoods for getting the part fitted as soon as it arrived.
Interestingly the technician was talking to me about the steering dampers and here’s what I took from the chat:- the steering damper is really strong and would make the steering even heavier if power steering not working. And a good tip was if you ever get a power steering failure for what ever reason such as a split pipe when remote from help then disconnecting the steering damper would free up the steering enough to make the vehicle drivable although steering would be very light at speed so extra caution should be taken.
Excellent news.

Good advice given by your tech, will try to remember that!

Telliottaus

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:32 AM
Reaction score
Started showing a reading yesterday(Sunday the 9th July, just over 300 miles on the clock
Th guage won't I think it is sw or an issue in the reading. Go on the remaining range until a fix, that is pretty correct once gets to 0 still have about 10 litres in tank

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I was out for dinner with my employers last night and talking about My Grenadier and our upcoming travels as my boss has also ordered a Grenadier at about the same time as me but he hasn’t had a contract yet. We got to talking about cars and software issue in general as he has quite a car collection, of which two are McLaren’s and one of those an Elva and for all the money that cost it has electrical gremlins as well. So it seems all modern cars whatever they cost need software fixes. 😳

Simon C

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
New one today - after exactly 3hrs of driving with Maps on Android Auto the entire infotainment crashed and froze with the radio still on - speedo cluster still ok

Could not get it to do anything, even after locking and unlocking and even locking and waiting an hour - radio and infotainment screen still on, can't change volume of radio either. So in the end I had to disconnect the battery!

Apart from that I did 600 miles this weekend to North Wales and back with no issues

Local time
11:32 AM
Reaction score
This thread is looking more and more like a LR forum, I drove the car for a near 3 hours, it had a major failure with the screen that does everything, couldn’t fix it for ages, had to do full reset , apart from the major fault it was faultless
In the real world people drive cars for years without a fault
So as asked when is this mythical fix coming ?

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
This thread is looking more and more like a LR forum, I drove the car for a near 3 hours, it had a major failure with the screen that does everything, couldn’t fix it for ages, had to do full reset , apart from the major fault it was faultless
No one seems to know. Personally, knowing what we know, all deliveries should stop until it is resolved. However, I can say mine hasn't behaved as bad as that yet.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
No one seems to know. Personally, knowing what we know, all deliveries should stop until it is resolved. However, I can say mine hasn't behaved as bad as that yet.
They seem to have taken your advice and stopped delivery. Mine will be celebrating its order anniversary next month. Contract signed but no further guidance when to expect delivery. I had settled on the fact it would on a 73 plate, but now thinking it will be in 2024

Last edited:

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Most of the cars I have owned, and I have owned a lot, in the real world, have had faults from time to time. My Land Rovers had plenty, my BMW had several, my Jaguars had several, my current Mitsubishi crashes the infotainment screen and has to reboot itself from time to time my Skoda is actually one of the very few that I can’t recall any major faults except a tendency to blow headlight bulbs regularly and have the most insanely designed space to try and replace the bulbs that always involves and hour of swearing, cramps and blood.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
They seem to have taken your advice and stopped delivery. Mine will be celebrating its order anniversary next month. Contract signed but no further guidance when to expect delivery. I had settled on the fact it would on a 73 plate, but now thinking it will be in 2024
I just realiased.
I ordered mine a year ago this Saturday

1689715314183.png

KDJDGrenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
New one today - after exactly 3hrs of driving with Maps on Android Auto the entire infotainment crashed and froze with the radio still on - speedo cluster still ok

Could not get it to do anything, even after locking and unlocking and even locking and waiting an hour - radio and infotainment screen still on, can't change volume of radio either. So in the end I had to disconnect the battery!

Apart from that I did 600 miles this weekend to North Wales and back with no issues
I was using Android auto yesterday for the first half of my trip and it went crazy when a notification came in on my phone. On the return trip i was listening to DAB radio and it locked up. I couldn't select anything. I went to FM and that worked but DAB was frozen.

alvan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:32 AM
Reaction score
After more than a thousand km, the warning light situation is very clear to me. I confirm the theory already supported by many that it is sufficient to wait until, after turning the key without starting, all the lights on the small display go off before starting. If when (almost) all of them go out, some remain on, repeat the procedure (turn off and on again without starting, etc.). It happened to me a few times that one or two lights stayed on after the first procedure, but never after the second one. For the rest all ok. Android auto works perfectly. Only the consumption is a bit scary, but given the specifications you can't expect better. Average consumption on the display seems quite accurate. Confirmed the official data of average consumption...

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
After more than a thousand km, the warning light situation is very clear to me. I confirm the theory already supported by many that it is sufficient to wait until, after turning the key without starting, all the lights on the small display go off before starting.
Take home message: a little bit of patience in the modern world is worth the "effort".
But if you are tense and in a hurry , the car sends you a warning light as a reminder to relax a bit. 🙏 As it should be.

Fab

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
After more than a thousand km, the warning light situation is very clear to me. I confirm the theory already supported by many that it is sufficient to wait until, after turning the key without starting, all the lights on the small display go off before starting. If when (almost) all of them go out, some remain on, repeat the procedure (turn off and on again without starting, etc.). It happened to me a few times that one or two lights stayed on after the first procedure, but never after the second one. For the rest all ok. Android auto works perfectly. Only the consumption is a bit scary, but given the specifications you can't expect better. Average consumption on the display seems quite accurate. Confirmed the official data of average consumption...
You should drive a LC200 for a while. After that you will appreciate the Grenadier's fuel economy.

KDJDGrenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
You should drive a LC200 for a while. After that you will appreciate the Grenadier's fuel economy.
Fab, i drove my Grenadier around town a bit and then headed up the coast on the motorway which was roughly a 200km round trip. The average economy showing on the instrument cluster is 10.5litres/100km. Now this may not be entirely accurate until i do a full test but it is giving me some confidence that it will be reasonably economical at 3 tons

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Ineos are not alone, they would appear to have done well when we compare their resources and experience to Stellantis who are multi-branded with worldwide reach.

This experience makes me more relaxed about the IA software glitches.
That sounds a bit like "He hit me on the toe with the big hammer. This makes me more relaxed about my dentist appointment next week".

Tomdoc

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am picking up my IG tomorrow - very excited. Dealer has confirmed that a software update dropped today - this may or may not be the "big" one (he wasn't sure) but as of tomorrow I will be able to say "Owner". Insurance was easy with Admiral in the UK if anyone is interested in this (it can be tricky to find a quote)

Local time
Reaction score
Collected my Grenadier and drove 71 miles back to work mostly motorway at 70mph at 18.6mpg
At 70mph my Defender D250 does 38mpg

Hopefully yours will improve somewhat from under 20mpg, once it's run in, unless it's the petrol version.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
At 70mph my Defender D250 does 38mpg

Hopefully yours will improve somewhat from under 20mpg, once it's run in, unless it's the petrol version.
It’s the petrol version. I was only getting 20mpg in my defender 2.2tdci but that was with big roof tent and awning. If I average 20mpg on long runs I can live with that.

Back
Top Bottom