The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Who is experiencing software or electrical gremlins?

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:15 PM
Reaction score
With all the warnings, you’d think there’d be one letting you know the hood was open.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
12:15 AM
Reaction score
Me thinks there will be a few iterations to get it all sorted.
For sure, you can bet the family jewels on that.

I wouldn't be surprised if the update we're all waiting for is just a pre-alpha version.

Then the alpha version will come.
Then beta.
Then release candidate 1 (rc1),
rc2,3,4 .... n,

and then V1.0

Which will need some fixes soon ... TBC

(@Jean Mercier: To Be Continued - depending on context.)

Last edited:

Oskar

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
You beat me to it.

The hood needs a proper push to close properly. I simply drop it down from no less than 25 cm.
Exactly this was my problem as well. And the handbook is not saying anything about it.

Reactions: PBD

beg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:15 PM
Reaction score
Found this on an old BMW forum, they had an issue with the tilt alarm going off

"To avoid problems with the tilt sensor (Neigungssensor is correct) you can switch it off easily. Lock your car as always and within 10 seconds lock it again. Now the tilt sensor and interior sensor is switched off."
that is exactly how I lock my Grenadier ever since I had the back door problems as it left the interior lights on. always press to lock then press again

AWo

Local time
Reaction score
Hopefully Ineos gets the documentation of the software and changes within right. There are tough obligations to change management and documentation of code changes. If you fail here, you'll get in trouble.

AWo

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
took a call from Ineos earlier this morning about my answers to the recent quality questionnaire.. I repeated to the call handler that there a number of things in the operating system that require a software fix. I also reminded them that the rear door alert fires randomly but overall, the mechanical side was faultless. . She said that my issues were very common and that Ineos are working very hard to issue a fix in the next few months.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
took a call from Ineos earlier this morning about my answers to the recent quality questionnaire.. I repeated to the call handler that there a number of things in the operating system that require a software fix. I also reminded them that the rear door alert fires randomly but overall, the mechanical side was faultless. . She said that my issues were very common and that Ineos are working very hard to issue a fix in the next few months.
Interesting she said "NEXT FEW MONTHS". To be fair, I don't mind any date as long as it's adhered to, rather than end of July and they don't.

Just for a comparison, I had a GR Yaris (should have kept BTW) and yesterday I had a recall notice for it - the third. No vehicle is exempt from computer gremlins these days.

Oskar

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have worked in the automotive industry. And 15 years ago Software and startup time of control units where the main issue already. I fully understand this is a big thing for Ineos. I am still confident as this is the only thing which is easy to be fixed. It will take some time for sure. As most of you know what helps is a slow startup sequence. This helps the controls units to boot up initialize correctly.

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Interesting she said "NEXT FEW MONTHS". To be fair, I don't mind any date as long as it's adhered to, rather than end of July and they don't.

Just for a comparison, I had a GR Yaris (should have kept BTW) and yesterday I had a recall notice for it - the third. No vehicle is exempt from computer gremlins these days.
I made a point of saying that the metal bits have been faultless..

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Did you find out who you were speaking to?

I took a call a couple of days ago from someone saying they were from Ineos asking about the resolution of a number of Customer Service queries. She was manipulating my answers to a conclusion "so you are happy with the responses" when all I kept telling her was there were a number outstanding, some had been answered adequately and some the answers were not to the questions I asked.

Got the feeling it was a tick box exercise going into a meat grinder for one of those meaningless KPIs...

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Did you find out who you were speaking to?

I took a call a couple of days ago from someone saying they were from Ineos asking about the resolution of a number of Customer Service queries. She was manipulating my answers to a conclusion "so you are happy with the responses" when all I kept telling her was there were a number outstanding, some had been answered adequately and some the answers were not to the questions I asked.

Got the feeling it was a tick box exercise going into a meat grinder for one of those meaningless KPIs...
She typed my answers verbatim and read them back to me. Seemed all very legit. The number was 0800 0853847.

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:15 PM
Reaction score
Here's a new one. I am mostly driving with the radio off ( not muted). Seems that when I engage reverse , both the rear camera and the radio come on ! Am I going mad?
Had the same over the weekend, thought i was knocking the volume button when selecting reverse:confused:
Has anyone got a really annoying rattle from the rear trunk/door area ??
Has anyone fixed said rattle and how??
Thanks

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:15 AM
Reaction score
Had the same over the weekend, thought i was knocking the volume button when selecting reverse:confused:
Has anyone got a really annoying rattle from the rear trunk/door area ??
Has anyone fixed said rattle and how??
Thanks
Others have reported that it is the top of the jack.

Back
Top Bottom