The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Which spares to carry for remote travel?

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
9:56 PM
Reaction score
In a nod to spares, I always carry an in line fuel filter with some hose and clamps and self amalgamating tape if I’m really going out there.

Water finding paste is also handy if you know the fuel will be suspect and you can break out the baby racor filter in time. That and a simple 12v transfer pump with an empty jerry can and you can clean any fuel up.

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:56 AM
Reaction score
In a nod to spares, I always carry an in line fuel filter with some hose and clamps and self amalgamating tape if I’m really going out there.

Water finding paste is also handy if you know the fuel will be suspect and you can break out the baby racor filter in time. That and a simple 12v transfer pump with an empty jerry can and you can clean any fuel up.
You won’t need to carry a spare fuel filter for the petrol version as I’ve found out from the Ineos technician at my dealers that the petrol engine Grenadiers have lifetime fit fuel filter attached to the fuel pump that is within the petrol tank.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:56 AM
Reaction score
I believe the non-metric nations include the illustrious trio of USA, Liberia, and Myanmar .
Funny, just read this thread now: I have been to the USA work related and also to Liberia (twice),
There is another problem in Liberia: It costs me days before I really begin to understand their English :eek: but perhaps it is due to me.
Usually I understand the Americans, but not always :)

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Funny, just read this thread now: I have been to the USA work related and also to Liberia (twice),
There is another problem in Liberia: It costs me days before I really begin to understand their English :eek: but perhaps it is due to me.
Pidgin English in Liberia and Sierra Leone is difficult to understand even for native English speakers. 👍🏼 and Pidgin Portuguese in Guinea Bissau is impossible 😂

Reactions: PBD

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Pidgin English in Liberia and Sierra Leone is difficult to understand even for native English speakers. 👍🏼 and Pidgin Portuguese in Guinea Bissau is impossible 😂
To be honest, I understand much better the Portuguese of Guinea Bissau, than the Portuguese of the Açores and some other regions of Portugal.

But of course my Portuguese is the Brazilian one 🇧🇷 the only real Portuguese language :ROFLMAO:
(desculpa amigos Portugueses :love: )

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:56 PM
Reaction score
I speak quite quickly and with an Australian accent.
Years ago, while working for a French company, I was working in Paris and a co-worker said to me that she thought she spoke very good English, but could only understand half of what I was saying.
Since then I have focused on speaking slower and clearer when overseas.

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
To be honest, I understand much better the Portuguese of Guinea Bissau, than the Portuguese of the Açores and some other regions of Portugal.

But of course my Portuguese is the Brazilian one 🇧🇷 the only real Portuguese language :ROFLMAO:
Jean I am useless at foreign languages. Almost 62 yrs old and still learning English 😂

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Since then I have focused on speaking slower and clearer when overseas.
Yes that is the clue: slow down and articulate, even if your pronunciations is still yours.
Or: repeat with other words, simple words, but also slow.
Don't use childish phrases.
These are also the things I learned, as well as a "victim" as as a culprit. :)

I had some people when I was younger repeating as fast as the first time, but louder: doesn't help :eek:
Well, at my age it could help :ROFLMAO:

But between us (mes excuses les amis Français ou Wallons) the French often think they speak English, but it is really basic.

Just for the anecdote, my sons speak French, Portuguese, English and Dutch.
One of my sons is working for a French company with subsidiaries in Brasil and elsewhere. The language in international meetings is English.
During a meeting the next thing happened ...
French manager (FM) in private chat to my son (MS) in French:
  • FM: do you understand the English of the Brazilians?
  • MS: yes, but to keep things simple, they are only asking for more money
:ROFLMAO:

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yes that is the clue: slow down and articulate, even if your pronunciations is still yours.
Or: repeat with other words, simple words, but also slow.
Don't use childish phrases.
These are also the things I learned, as well as a "victim" as as a culprit. :)

I had some people when I was younger repeating as fast as the first time, but louder: doesn't help :eek:
Well, at my age it could help :ROFLMAO:

But between us (mes excuses les amis Français ou Wallons) the French often think they speak English, but it is really basic.

Just for the anecdote, my sons speak French, Portuguese, English and Dutch.
One of my sons is working for a French company with subsidiaries in Brasil and elsewhere. The language in international meetings is English.
During a meeting the next thing happened ...
French manager (FM) in private chat to my son (MS) in French:
  • FM: do you understand the English of the Brazilians?
  • MS: yes, but to keep things simple, they are only asking for more money
:ROFLMAO:
I love the speaking louder bit
I have said many times at work "they are from another country, they aren't deaf"

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You won’t need to carry a spare fuel filter for the petrol version as I’ve found out from the Ineos technician at my dealers that the petrol engine Grenadiers have lifetime fit fuel filter attached to the fuel pump that is within the petrol tank.
Australian Diesel Grenadiers reportedly will have a secondary fuel filter with water separator

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Brasilerio as my friends there would insist. 😉

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Australian Diesel Grenadiers reportedly will have a secondary fuel filter with water separator
One is located under the bonnet, the other on the passenger side of the chasis frame up near the fuel tank (that is where the INEOS rep pointed when he told me). I think the rear one has the separator.

Last edited:

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
When the filter is fully blocked?

Does that mean dropping the fuel tank to clean a blocked filter or does the petrol have an access panel in the load space floor?

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Does that mean dropping the fuel tank to clean a blocked filter or does the petrol have an access panel in the load space floor?
The rear filter is on the chassis frame, not the fuel tank. It is probably accessible by removing the rear wheel, but I cannot confirm that.

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Not certain, but i heard that the Australian spec additional fuel filter had been rolled out to everyone, head office thought it was a good idea. Not sure if it’s true - EU guys will find it or not in time. Very impressed you guys are dismantling (and re-mantling) your cars; thank you😉👍

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

All I know is what the technician told me that the filter is attached to the pump which would mean inside the tank. Just don’t put any crap fuel in there or dropping the tank would be a pain is my understanding

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yeah sure, it's fine.

Define "lifetime". 🤷‍♂️
No idea what lifetime means I’m no mechanic. But I’ll be making sure I filter any fuel coming out of jerry cans as dropping the tank would be a pain.

Back
Top Bottom