The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Wheels video review (Australia)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-02-07 at 5.38.02 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-07 at 5.38.02 PM.png
    742.2 KB · Views: 21
Last edited by a moderator:

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
11:16 AM
Reaction score
He used the word sporty for the seats.

And the pathfinder navigation does the same sort of thing as the Land Rover off-road navigation, at least in the disco 4. And I love the breadcrumb route marker.

OGrid

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:16 AM
Reaction score
Now this is a great review. And from someone who has grown up around 4wd and specifically the Defender. You can see the reviewer almost cracking a smile while driving he was enjoying it so much.

Giving 10/10 for build quality - now that‘s a win! Glowing about the petrol engine (I picked the diesel, hmmm).

First time I’ve heard about 6, yes 6, different suspension spring rates for the vehicle. Would be great if you can purchase the springs afterwards if you change the spec of your vehicle - say later fit a bull bar etc.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
11:16 AM
Reaction score
Not to go off topic, but this chap has the wipers on and although not a great sweep. It’ll do for me. A spline or 2 or next blade up and I’ll be good :)

Engine sounds good as well.

And the lack of squeaks or rattles is a surprising comment.

Last edited:

OGrid

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Did he find anything negative? He seems to be in love with this car!
I was waiting for something. But not that I heard. I would have liked something negative to balance it a bit, though he was comparing to vehicles of similar purpose and the old Defender.

Last edited:

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:16 PM
Reaction score
Did he find anything negative? He seems to be in love with this car!
Rose tinted goggles. HAHA.
I think the overwhelming view is that the car presents well, drives well, looks great, feels solid and build quality seems to stack up for the segment. It is not possible to have a car with no cons... which makes this particular review for me a little much... to say.
All I want now is a review on the build dates :LOL:

UPDATE: Watched it again - he specifically says the position of driving is 'quite upright' and it has great ergonomics... hmmmmmmmmmm!

Last edited:

OGrid

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
His accompanying online article for WhichCar listed a few pros and cons:

Things we like: Effortless off-road ability, excellent on-road manners, Near endless customisation potential, Clever features and touches throughout.
Not so much: Very low steering ratio, Hefty kerb weight, Occasionally limited suspension travel.

The article may have been linked elsewhere today (a lot of reading and watching videos happening today) - edit: yep, found it. @Wayneos has been busy.

There is an interesting section mid way through (“Accessory to a good time”), mentioning lithium-ion and long range fuel tanks.

Last edited:

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So I was on the fence until I drove it on the weekend, and with these reviews I think I'm definitely in.
I'm actually surprised that they haven't (so far) been more critical, on account of the tradeoff in on road dynamics when compared with SUVs.
It seems that most journalists have cut Ineos some slack on teething issues.
Then again any car lover would be pleased to see the emergence of a new marque, particularly one with such a singular intent.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I'm actually surprised that they haven't (so far) been more critical, on account of the tradeoff in on road dynamics when compared with SUVs.
Then again any car lover would be pleased to see the emergence of a new marque, particularly one with such a singular intent.
I think most of them are sensibly not expecting it to handle anywhere near SUV's
I think one actually said maybe a Kia Sorrento is right for you if that's what you want.

Last edited:

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
They want invites to future OTHER car events and test runs... I think if anyone was to ever BURN a company for a poor product - then other vendors would be reluctant to ever invite them. I would keep a few things in reserve if my reputation was at risk. Now we are just waiting for order confirmation and build dates!!! + :whistle:

Local time
Reaction score
I think most of them are sensibly not expecting it to handle anywhere near SUV's
I think one actually said maybe a Kia Sorrento is right for you if that's what you want.
You can't have everything. You can't have an SUV on road driving experience and then expect it to be a tough durable offroad tourer. The might of the automotive industry has tried and here we are.

You can't have a ladder chassis and a car which is free of added electronics and a five star crash rating. The guy at Ineos said that on Sunday. My reaction was that's still three stars more than i have now. :eek:

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You can't have everything. You can't have an SUV on road driving experience and then expect it to be a tough durable offroad tourer. The might of the automotive industry has tried and here we are.

You can't have a ladder chassis and a car which is free of added electronics and a five star crash rating. The guy at Ineos said that on Sunday. My reaction was that's still three stars more than i have now. :eek:
So you might describe it as "stellar"? :cool::D

jamesfielding

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Not to go off topic, but this chap has the wipers on and although not a great sweep. It’ll do for me. A spline or 2 or next blade up and I’ll be good :)

Engine sounds good as well.

And the lack of squeaks or rattles is a surprising comment.
Wondering as someone else pointed out, if you were to slightly bend the driver's side wiper shaft and maybe move it 1 or 2 clicks over (assuming its on a conical shaft) it would reach the edge of the windscreen and then just sit slightly proud when in the down position?

Back
Top Bottom