The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

The Late Break Show video review (UK)

INEOS Grenadier 4x4 full review - Defender rival driven On AND Off-road. The Ineos Grenadier is a hardcore 4x4 utility vehicle dreamt up by Britain's wealthiest man (and staunch old school Land Rover Defender fan) Sir Jim Ratcliffe. Named after the London pub in which the vehicle's concept was conceived, the Grenadier combines proven older tech separate ladder chassis and galvanised steel bodyshell with modern BMW drivetrains, heavy duty beam axles and locking diffs with a 'utility belt' equipment attachment system, huge luggage capacity and a waterproof interior. Hardcore adventurers walk this way, luxury SUV warriors look away!
View: https://youtu.be/gkbm7SKlmSU

Attachments

• Late Brake Show.png
    Late Brake Show.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 344
Last edited:

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
3:59 AM
Reaction score
A good review and quite complimentary about the IG.

He clearly loves the idea and really likes the car. Again points out the obvious lump in the floor and hints at some of the build quality. He obviously isn’t a JLR fan and states that he wouldn’t buy one (twice).

Although he owns/owned a Jimny I don’t think he is an authority on 4x4 vehicles but a good review nonetheless.

The off roading they have been allowed to do looks a bit tame to me, but I would hazard is still more than a some of these vehicles will ever see in reality.

Orcmurd

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:59 AM
Reaction score

He clearly loves the idea and really likes the car. Again points out the obvious lump in the floor and hints at some of the build quality. He obviously isn’t a JLR fan and states that he wouldn’t buy one (twice).

Although he owns/owned a Jimny I don’t think he is an authority on 4x4 vehicles but a good review nonetheless.

The off roading they have been allowed to do looks a bit tame to me, but I would hazard is still more than a some of these vehicles will ever see in reality.
Agree, good balanced review with plenty of detail

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
12:59 AM
Reaction score
He, the reviewer used to be on the UK's 5'th Gear car show, not particularly an off-road guy (thumb gripping the inside of the steering wheel is the dead giveaway) but used to tv automotive reviews.

I agree to the Santana comment, at least to my eye.

And I think this is the only time that an INEOS vehicle will be compared to a Lamborghini.......

Last edited:

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I think he is quite famous for swamping the Niva now.

He has been around the block a few times on TV and the YouTube.

Some of his barn find videos are well worth a watch, he is certainly a car nerd (self confessed).

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
5:59 PM
Reaction score
Johnny is a great enthusiast and a loveable guy with just the right amount of information/emotion to appeal to everyone. Even if he's not a "hard core offroader"(someone who regularly breaks stuff).
This is the review to show your wife if she is vacillating.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Well I must confess it did it for me, not too exciting and definitely not dull, well done matey and pleased to be a prospective owner - soonish

I think this is the review that will settle a few nerves for a lot of people, including me.

At one point today I was seriously considering if I was doing the right thing.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

I don’t think the reviews of the highlands stuff all showed very well how varied and challenging some of the terrain actually was, but if you watch a few, see the Spanish one, you start to put it together, is it the Rubicon trail in the US or the Spanish Steps (Sydneysider 4wders will know) no, but few buyers of standard vehicles will tackle those anyway, people who do that stuff generally very heavily modify their vehicles before playing there. But I think it represents the types of terrain, including some challenging bits, that overlanders and 4wders will be taking thier vehicles on, particularly un modified vehicles. Slippery muddy tracks with some steep uphill and downhill sections, some rocky and rutted sections, some wading, gravel tracks and winding country tarmac and some highways.

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Nice one Jonny, I always find him very watchable. Worth your time watching this one.

Back
Top Bottom