The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Wheel/Tire Upgrade Photos

LeeroyJ

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:53 PM
Reaction score
The 315/70/17 Nitto Ridge Grappler's on the Owl Talon Wheels seem to fit with no problem (with the 2.5" Eibach lift). I've tried a lot of situations and have not had any rubbing yet. The wheels have a +30 offset compared to a stock of +55. They stick out beyond the mud flaps and fender guards a little bit, but so does every Jeep and Bronco. I am still playing around to find the best pressure for normal on road driving, but think I have hit the sweet-spot with 35 psi for the front and 38 psi for the rears.

Here are some photos:

Looking at the protrusion from the back right looking forward:
IMG_7066-XL.jpg

Showing the closest point of contact from the front left tire (front of tire) at full right lock of the steering wheel:
IMG_7046-XL.jpg

Definitely need side-steps/ sliders now with this combo:
IMG_7045-XL.jpg

IMG_7041-XL.jpg

IMG_7040-XL.jpg

The spare tire is in the back for now, I need to order a relocation kit, I understand Owl will have one soon so will probably just wait for that.
IMG_7039-XL.jpg

It drives great with these. I was able to recalibrate the low-pressure warning on the tires easily. Just reset it through the menu, just the vehicle completely off for more than 3.5 minutes, then turn it on again and the warning was gone.

2wheelfish

Production/Transit
Forum Supporter
Local time
8:53 AM
Reaction score
Curious how tall the roof is with that combo. Looks fantastic and really balances the entire package. That’s the way it should be offered as an option. Looks like a perfect Tonka toy in the best possible way (even better than the Bronco or Jeep).

LeeroyJ

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Curious how tall the roof is with that combo. Looks fantastic and really balances the entire package. That’s the way it should be offered as an option. Looks like a perfect Tonka toy in the best possible way (even better than the Bronco or Jeep).
I just measured and it seems to be 7ft 1inch (85 inches, 2.16M).

Migs

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:53 AM
Reaction score
Awesome! thanks so much for the detail and pictures. Great looking rig!
Man, with that height and the leitner low profile rack, i MIGHT just fit into my work's parking garage, but it'll be very very close, so kinda risky. may need to look at the secondary garage we use and see if that's any taller.

LeeroyJ

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Awesome! thanks so much for the detail and pictures. Great looking rig!
Man, with that height and the leitner low profile rack, i MIGHT just fit into my work's parking garage, but it'll be very very close, so kinda risky. may need to look at the secondary garage we use and see if that's any taller.
I just ordered the Leitner rack today, so once I get it installed I'll post a new measurement.

LeeroyJ

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The 315/70/17 Nitto Ridge Grappler's on the Owl Talon Wheels seem to fit with no problem (with the 2.5" Eibach lift). I've tried a lot of situations and have not had any rubbing yet. The wheels have a +30 offset compared to a stock of +55. They stick out beyond the mud flaps and fender guards a little bit, but so does every Jeep and Bronco. I am still playing around to find the best pressure for normal on road driving, but think I have hit the sweet-spot with 35 psi for the front and 38 psi for the rears.

Here are some photos:

IMG_7066-XL.jpg

Showing the closest point of contact from the front left tire (front of tire) at full right lock of the steering wheel:
IMG_7046-XL.jpg

IMG_7045-XL.jpg

IMG_7041-XL.jpg

IMG_7040-XL.jpg

The spare tire is in the back for now, I need to order a relocation kit, I understand Owl will have one soon so will probably just wait for that.
IMG_7039-XL.jpg

It drives great with these. I was able to recalibrate the low-pressure warning on the tires easily. Just reset it through the menu, just the vehicle completely off for more than 3.5 minutes, then turn it on again and the warning was gone.

Here are some photos:

IMG_7066-XL.jpg

IMG_7046-XL.jpg

IMG_7045-XL.jpg

IMG_7041-XL.jpg

IMG_7040-XL.jpg

IMG_7039-XL.jpg

Update - Got the chance to take it on some more difficult trails today (Broken Arrow in Sedona AZ) had zero rubs. Have had zero rubs in normal city driving either.

Running at 15 psi it had zero struggles on sections that jeeps were doing a lot of squeeling to climb (probably at 50psi).

This combo works really well imho.

Asjtex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:53 AM
Reaction score
I would like to begin this thread to help me, and hopefully others, as I decide to figure out the aftermarket wheel situation.

So this is what I ask:

1 - Please post a few photos of your wheel and tire setup
2 - Identify the make and size of the wheel including the offset (if possible)
3 - Identify the make a size of the tire
4 - Identify the country/region you are in
5 - Provide any links to mfgs, fitters, etc.

It would be great if this stayed as a photo-only thread so it's quick and easy for folks to scroll through as if it's a catalog.

We North Americans are a ways out but it's growing ever closer. In an ideal world, I would love to have new wheels and tires, side steps/sliders, and other items in the garage ready to go when I finally pick up my Gren.

Thank you.

As an aside - if you find a wheel/tire combo that you've seen elsewhere online please let that be know.

Asjtex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
These are 315/70/17 or in inches 34.8/12.5/17…Eibach (US spec) 2.5 inch lift. Drives and handles great no rubbing. Spare mounted with offset bracket.

Attachments

• 73CF5D03-A9AE-45FA-9A92-D0ECADA5FEF1.jpeg
    73CF5D03-A9AE-45FA-9A92-D0ECADA5FEF1.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 73
  • 88EB3DBF-837B-4CCB-BE94-094B9F56E970.jpeg
    88EB3DBF-837B-4CCB-BE94-094B9F56E970.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 68
  • 44494470-44AF-4C27-8DEC-70C35E8C92D2.jpeg
    44494470-44AF-4C27-8DEC-70C35E8C92D2.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 67

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:53 AM
Reaction score

Here are some photos:

IMG_7066-XL.jpg

IMG_7046-XL.jpg

IMG_7045-XL.jpg

IMG_7041-XL.jpg

IMG_7040-XL.jpg

IMG_7039-XL.jpg

That's the closest point of contact while it is sitting on flat hard ground.
I think you will have a problem as soon as you hit a lumpy offroad trail and turn at the same time that spring is compressed.
1713671692927.jpg

LeeroyJ

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
These are 315/70/17 or in inches 34.8/12.5/17…Eibach (US spec) 2.5 inch lift. Drives and handles great no rubbing. Spare mounted with offset bracket.
Do you know the offset of those wheels? Looks great!

LeeroyJ

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That's the closest point of contact while it is sitting on flat hard ground.
I think you will have a problem as soon as you hit a lumpy offroad trail and turn at the same time that spring is compressed.
View attachment 7853755
That’s the whole point of my update - having done about 8 combined hours of trails since install, today’s the most challenging, I’ve yet to have a single rub. There were many times I had to turn lock-to-lock while fully flexed or fully compressed on each tire. With that combination (315/70/17, 2.5” Eibach lift, +30mm Owl Talon wheels) I have yet to encounter any rubbing. This was with 3 adults, 2 dogs, and the back 50% full, fuel tank full.

Jsharifi

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Update - Got the chance to take it on some more difficult trails today (Broken Arrow in Sedona AZ) had zero rubs. Have had zero rubs in normal city driving either.

Running at 15 psi it had zero struggles on sections that jeeps were doing a lot of squeeling to climb (probably at 50psi).

This combo works really well imho.
Curious if the same size tire and set up on 18’s would fit? Thanks!

LeeroyJ

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Curious if the same size tire and set up on 18’s would fit? Thanks!
I don't think it would, that would be an inch taller. I also don't know if there is a wheel available with +30 offset in 18 inch (there might be one for MB Sprinter Vans).

Back
Top Bottom