The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What's the one option...

Pfk

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
11:48 PM
Reaction score
I'd sign up for both in a heartbeat! But I'd probably settle for the B57 which, unfortunately, will not be crossing the pond.
I feel you, I’m sure the B57/58 are great engines for what they’ve been tuned to do, but if I’m on a wishlist, I’d prefer (based on my first hand experience) a hemi 392 or nissan vk56 engine, or similar… RIP 8 cylinders. As for the suspension kit, it would have made more sense the way they’re optioning the vehicles to offer something from the factory (like mopar)

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:48 PM
Reaction score
I feel you, I’m sure the B57/58 are great engines for what they’ve been tuned to do, but if I’m on a wishlist, I’d prefer (based on my first hand experience) a hemi 392 or nissan vk56 engine, or similar… RIP 8 cylinders. As for the suspension kit, it would have made more sense the way they’re optioning the vehicles to offer something from the factory (like mopar)
"From the factory" is awesome because it is often attached to warranties! Toyota is in the process here (USA) of starting to offer lift-kits, etc. from the factory/dealer that will carry a full warranty and I think other MFGs might hop on the wagon.

Pfk

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
11:48 PM
Reaction score
"From the factory" is awesome because it is often attached to warranties! Toyota is in the process here of starting to off lift-kits, etc. from the factory/dealer that will carry a full warranty and I think other MFGs might hop on the wagon.
Exactly! Thats precisely why I feel they should offer it. To protect the warranty and their vehicles (somewhat) from being over or under engineered out in the secondary market… while I still believe the best mods and experts are often found after market, I’d rather work with them on my out of warranty dune basher than on a +$80k newly developed vehicle.. let’s hope they do see our logic and offer the mods themselves

GrenADV

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
What is the one factory-installed option you wish was available on your Grenadier? (besides we American's whining about no diesel, besides everyone and their mother complaining about no manual trans, and besides wishing for the forthcoming ute)

If you've seen any of my posts, you know for me its AC-ventilated seats.
  • Front-facing camera for seeing who/what might be in front as you're cresting over a hill
  • Foldable arm rest (for the driver seat, at a minimum) - I really liked this on the LR3/4
  • Agreed on the AC seats...but also, heated steering wheel would be super nice (I don't like holding onto a cold steering wheel, nor wearing gloves)
  • Optional air bags for the rear - to level the rig when towing a trailer
  • Brush guard/bull bar for us suckers in the North American market
Other than that, I'm good to go.

jrchrds

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:48 PM
Reaction score
But that will only give you at best, 20lt? for all the hassle, why not put it on the roof rack
When they leak over the roof, it screws up your paint below. Ask me how I know. I would also much prefer swing mounted fuel cans, or maybe on the utility belt in the back.

jrchrds

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:48 PM
Reaction score
This won't ever come factory, but I'll have to have it made myself. A carbon or aluminum panel that covers the rear battery compartment when the rear seats are removed to use the whole back as storage and equipment space.

Also, someone else mentioned it earlier- about the plug in battery with 50 miles. I would 100 percent love to see a RAV4Prime hybrid/plug in battery drive train. I maintain that if the tacoma comes out with this drivetrain in the next year, I'll be out of my grenadier. Aside from the positively sorry AWD, the Rav4 Prime has been the best vehicle I've ever owned for very long cross country (and intercountry) travel.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
9:48 PM
Reaction score
  • Front-facing camera for seeing who/what might be in front as you're cresting over a hill
  • Foldable arm rest (for the driver seat, at a minimum) - I really liked this on the LR3/4
  • Agreed on the AC seats...but also, heated steering wheel would be super nice (I don't like holding onto a cold steering wheel, nor wearing gloves)
  • Optional air bags for the rear - to level the rig when towing a trailer
  • Brush guard/bull bar for us suckers in the North American market
Other than that, I'm good to go.
We're slowly approaching the new Defender.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:48 AM
Reaction score

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
As long as we don't end up with this absolute crap

If you had mentioned this to me a few years ago I would have laughed in your face. I still struggle to comprehend that this stuff is fitted and on a car you own and BMW seem to have the right and capability to turn certain features on and off at will.

I really hope I have understood this wrong, so please laugh in my face and tell me I am an idiot for not understanding correctly.

It will be a real shame when someone works out how to turn this stuff on without paying.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
If you had mentioned this to me a few years ago I would have laughed in your face. I still struggle to comprehend that this stuff is fitted and on a car you own and BMW seem to have the right and capability to turn certain features on and off at will.

I really hope I have understood this wrong, so please laugh in my face and tell me I am an idiot for not understanding correctly.

It will be a real shame when someone works out how to turn this stuff on without paying.
This type of thing is really common with electronics
All features are built in for every unit but you pay to have them activated.
Usually only a one off payment however.
For this to work BMW will have to be continually monitoring your vehicle and have the ability to remotely turn them off if you stop paying.
That sounds extremely dangerous to me.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Some 3 years ago I bought a new computer. I needed Office (Excel - Word - PowerPoint). I made a calculation ... I was better off with buying a license instead of a subscription, although they pushed the subscription ...
I bought a new pc and I've stuck with notepad. Call me cheap if you wish.
I use the Office at work if needed. Work has supplied it.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I bought a new pc and I've stuck with notepad. Call me cheap if you wish.
I use the Office at work if needed. Work has supplied it.
Some free products are good enough. But I was professionally almost obliged to use Microst Office, although I was self-employed since 2000. And I continue to use Microsoft Office because in some Excel files I use macro's (programming automated tasks), and these aren't always compatible with other spreadsheet tools.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This won't ever come factory, but I'll have to have it made myself. A carbon or aluminum panel that covers the rear battery compartment when the rear seats are removed to use the whole back as storage and equipment space.
That's the standard setup for the 2 seat version. Once the supply chain is established you should be able to buy the standard cover through the agent/dealer....

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Some free products are good enough. But I was professionally almost obliged to use Microst Office, although I was self-employed since 2000. And I continue to use Microsoft Office because in some Excel files I use macro's (programming automated tasks), and these aren't always compatible with other spreadsheet tools.
As a pure Linux user, I just grin. And Linux is an easy system to install and use these days.

I can read, modify and write Excel, Word and presentation documents and do 99% of what traditional operating systems can do. And a system update is done in three clicks and 10 minutes. I have a powerful photo editor, an excellent video cutting application and can read and create PDF files and do many other things. And I can run Teams sessions and Skype and all the other fancy things one might believe to be indispensable.

But the manufacturers still rely on FUD: Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt.

A small 4-core computer with 8 GB memory, 512 SSD and 4K graphics costs 280 Euros nowadays and is no bigger than a cigar box. I can only recommend everyone to try it and install Linux on it. At the beginning it is a bit unfamiliar, but Firefox, Office and 90% of the applications are, apart from minimal differences, no different than a new Windows version

It's imho worth a try for everybody, at least for windows users. Apple is more polished, that's true. But it can't do more than Linux and is a closed system. No way to do things which Apple doesn't like.

I have recently bought this one (from china!) as a proof of concept for a customer, and it's excellent. Much faster than any office PC needs, and it's fanless and thus creates zero (!) noise.

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B09MHKDMFN/?tag=globalgrena0b-20

/offtopic

Last edited:

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:48 PM
Reaction score
They are very good as slats run cross ways across the vehicle instead of north south like the Rhino Rack, and front runner make great accessories.
And already tested on a prototype Grenadier...
Screenshot_20221119_222923_com.instagram.android.jpg

Back
Top Bottom