The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What's the one option...

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:33 PM
Reaction score
Well you've taken the wind out of many sails with that list. 😉

OBD reader built into touchscreen.

Portal axles.

And a late addition ~ a central tyre inflation system.
Re OBD reader in touch screen, you can get apps that will do this for Android and Apple which will give you the what you desire via a Bluetooth OBD dongle

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:33 AM
Reaction score

Fidei Defensor

Contract Signed
Local time
Reaction score
What is the one factory-installed option you wish was available on your Grenadier? (besides we American's whining about no diesel, besides everyone and their mother complaining about no manual trans, and besides wishing for the forthcoming ute)

If you've seen any of my posts, you know for me its AC-ventilated seats.
Analog gauges driven directly from sensors, not through the touchscreen electronics

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:33 AM
Reaction score
I bought a new pc and I've stuck with notepad. Call me cheap if you wish.
I use the Office at work if needed. Work has supplied it.
same as me. I dial in from home remotely and use my wok software

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
How about a heated seat belt?
View attachment 7799731

Heated seatbelts in electric cars !! Won’t that just be something else to turn off when the owners are worrying about how far they can go on the current charge ??

I love how the manufacturers seem to be bolting more and more to these cars that sucks even more battery power. The built in light bars front and back seem to be the lastest thing to suck the battery faster that a 10 year old with a McDonald’s shake.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:33 AM
Reaction score
I love how the manufacturers seem to be bolting more and more to these cars that sucks even more battery power. The built in light bars front and back seem to be the lastest thing to suck the battery faster that a 10 year old with a McDonald’s shake.
I owned a Mitsubishi Pajero from 1991 to 2007, bought in Belgium, second hand, lived in Tunisia some 4 years owning this car (and quite some desert driving for fun and once "in Tunisia" very heavy snow that I wanted to show to my children) and finally sold it after my divorce in 2007: fantastic car: no electronics, no airco.
My ex-wife was angry when I bought it, "the car is too big for a very small women like me (1m55 if I remember, but will not ask my kids :unsure:)", but after she was driving it in Tunisia (terrible traffic!) she felt very "powerful" against the local driving habits, (I had a company car, but not a 4X4, the Mitsubishi was her "city car" and my "desert excursion car" ;)).

I don't need: heated seats (I don't live in Siberia or Alaska), neither heated seatbelts, neither safety belt sensors (I use them), and I could go on. I hate Airco, although I use it sometimes. Window open and sweating is also OK.

I am against technology? No ...
I love a rear view camera for parking in the city, my Suzuki Grand Vitara hadn't and I installed it myself. Also the parking sensors are great (I don't have it on my 10-years old car!)

I had a TomTom GPS shortly after my "yet no divorce" but already separation, my first one (the GPS and the divorce). My "still" wife called me while the "woman" voice was guiding me. "Who is it in the car with you?". "My new girlfriend I responded". :devilish:

I love Waze, would recommend it to anybody, but not for off-roading of course.

But, too much is too much ... I don't want electronics to decide when I am entitled to drive! I don't want electronics to stop my car because there is some potential mechanical danger. It is OK if my car warns me! It is still OK if my cars tells me what I should check. Not: "you aren't allowed to drive anymore", unless it is an alcohol check.

And indeed the more sensors, airco, fridges, cell-phone contact-less chargers, lights, detectors, etc. the more electricity it uses, and ... electrical car or petrol or diesel car ... the more energy you use,

I want mainly to decide myself what I use, as long as it isn't safety related.

At least, give me the choice to switch off what I don't need (again, with the exception of safety devices).

PanoramaJJ

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The first button on the INEOS I will use will be the "OFF ROAD" Button. This button is very important for me. This button simulates the "old car driving" that I love.

No longer ping, when I am not strapped.
No beep-beep, when the post of my garage gets passed.
And at the next crossing the engine keeps on running - no start/stop.

I already now love this button. And so the INEOS will be the car for me with (almost) ONLY off-road-use! HAVE FUN! ;)

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
2:33 PM
Reaction score
I love how the manufacturers seem to be bolting more and more to these cars that sucks even more battery power.
The paradigm was pointed out by my brother , who owned an IBM computer in 1981. He told me .
"The hardware man giveth - the software man taketh away."

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The first button on the INEOS I will use will be the "OFF ROAD" Button. This button is very important for me. This button simulates the "old car driving" that I love.

I already now love this button. And so the INEOS will be the car for me with (almost) ONLY off-road-use! HAVE FUN! ;)
My High school friend has a new KIA Sportage.

I have never heard so many beeps, dongs and assorted warnings in a car in my life.

The car was literally trying to talk to him about every possible event/situation on the road: approaching intersections, pedestration crossings, changing speed limits, speed cameras etc. etc.

Way too much tech & it drives him crazy but he doesn't know how to turn them off. It doesn't have an "Off Road" button!

The more our conversation was interrupted the more I thought of the Grenadier

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My High school friend has a new KIA Sportage.

I have never heard so many beeps, dongs and assorted warnings in a car in my life.

The car was literally trying to talk to him about every possible event/situation on the road: approaching intersections, pedestration crossings, changing speed limits, speed cameras etc. etc.

Way too much tech & it drives him crazy but he doesn't know how to turn them off. It doesn't have an "Off Road" button!

The more our conversation was interrupted the more I thought of the Grenadier
I had a guy yelling at me because I merged into his lane in front of him, legally and correctly, but he thought I should have merged 100 metres back or something.
I ended up just saying to him "mate, you are driving a Kia Sportage, you have no right to comment about driving"

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Won’t that just be something else to turn off when the owners are worrying about how far they can go on the current charge ??
As is heating in the winter and AC in the summer. :)

But how about heated airbags? Just in case ... ?

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:33 AM
Reaction score
Heated seatbelts in electric cars !! Won’t that just be something else to turn off when the owners are worrying about how far they can go on the current charge ??
Actually it's a "range extending" solution.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

It might look that way. But it is a range extender as you are asked to switch off the “normal” heating for short distance drives and use the seat, steering wheel and belt heating instead….

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

It is a misconception to believe that you do not have to wear a seat belt when off-roading.
This may still be acceptable for turning on the damp lawn in the front garden. If anyone understands that by off-road.

Back
Top Bottom