The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What's the one option...

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:51 PM
Reaction score
One nice option/feature of the Ford Superduty diesel pick up is "rapid heat", an electric element added into the in-cab heating system. Needs a suitable oem charging system but is very nice to have on cold mornings because the cab warms up considerably faster.

Something like that would be a nice option on the Gren.

But my first option choice is a bit silly - silly because I don't know if it is standard, though it should be - is power side mirrors.
That sounds like a toasty option.

I think the mirrors are power (meaning the glass bit) but the housings are not.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:51 AM
Reaction score
One nice option/feature of the Ford Superduty diesel pick up is "rapid heat", an electric element added into the in-cab heating system. Needs a suitable oem charging system but is very nice to have on cold mornings because the cab warms up considerably faster.

Something like that would be a nice option on the Gren.

But my first option choice is a bit silly - silly because I don't know if it is standard, though it should be - is power side mirrors.
Power mirrors are standard on the Belstaff or if you option the Smooth pack in Australia at least
The Smooth pack used to be an option on the Trialmaster but is now standard
Everywhere else appears to be manual although I haven't seen manual mirrors on any of the vehicles yet
1671910257595.png

Last edited:

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Well Merry Christmas tou old bastards😁 I'm up and about and have chosen the smooth pack , hence I shaved so as not to scratch the granddaughter.

30C today so it's windows down and off with the heated steering wheel and arse warmer.

Cheers from Grendad 😆

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I started to look into upgrading the speakers to Rockford fosgate but the standard fitted front full range Hertz are mid to high end, allegedly, ( single mid range in the back). So I thought I would see what they were like first.
Had a quick listen on drive day a couple of weeks ago. To my non audiophile ears I would say its not bad, certainly adequate for my needs. I don’t think audiophiles will be impressed though.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I started to look into upgrading the speakers to Rockford fosgate but the standard fitted front full range Hertz are mid to high end, allegedly, ( single mid range in the back). So I thought I would see what they were like first.
Probably first on my list to gentrify the Trackta. Did you find some specs on the system @Eric. I’ll be upgrading but until we know what the set up is I won’t know whether we have to upgrade the amp as well and if the system can handle upgraded speakers and punch.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:51 PM
Reaction score
Any chance Ineos decides to offer a HUD? Might be a worthwhile addition since it won’t really affect outward visibility but will prevent drivers from having to take their eyes off the road to check their speed.
I'm just reading what BMW have revealed at the CES (Consumer Electronics Show) in Las Vegas. Only a car isn't a car, its "an intelligent companion" and a HUD isn't a HUD, it's a "Digital Emotional Experience":

"Current head-up displays project a small field of view. Expanding that field can create a more immersive experience for both driver and passengers.

"With our technology, everyone in the car can see the same information, even the people in the back," BMW brand design head Domagoj Dukec said.

Using a "mixed reality slider" on the dashboard, the driver can adjust content displayed on the windshield, including driving-related information, infotainment, augmented reality and virtual reality.

The slider "can turn from a physical world to a digital one," Dukec said.

BMW said the technology will be available in production cars on its next-generation Neue Klasse platform arriving mid-decade.

Using the windshield rather than a dashboard-based instrument cluster or a center display delivers critical driving information in the driver's natural line of sight, allowing them to keep their eyes on the road.

The windshield display also eliminates the need for dashboard-based screens, enabling a minimalist interior."

Last edited:

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I'm just reading what BMW have revealed at the CES (Consumer Electronics Show) in Las Vegas. Only a car isn't a car, its "an intelligent companion" and a HUD isn't a HUD, it's a "Digital Emotional Experiencec:

"Current head-up displays project a small field of view. Expanding that field can create a more immersive experience for both driver and passengers.

"With our technology, everyone in the car can see the same information, even the people in the back," BMW brand design head Domagoj Dukec said.

Using a "mixed reality slider" on the dashboard, the driver can adjust content displayed on the windshield, including driving-related information, infotainment, augmented reality and virtual reality.

BMW said the technology will be available in production cars on its next-generation Neue Klasse platform arriving mid-decade.

Using the windshield rather than a dashboard-based instrument cluster or a center display delivers critical driving information in the driver's natural line of sight, allowing them to keep their eyes on the road.

The windshield display also eliminates the need for dashboard-based screens, enabling a minimalist interior."
I’ll settle for the speed, and maybe tacho projected onto the windscreen.

A separate screen like the one DaveB put up would be OK I suppose but it’s just one more thing. Best to just use the windscreen.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm just reading what BMW have revealed at the CES (Consumer Electronics Show) in Las Vegas. Only a car isn't a car, its "an intelligent companion" and a HUD isn't a HUD, it's a "Digital Emotional Experience":

That's all fun and games until replacing a cracked windshield is a 5-figure investment.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:51 AM
Reaction score
Long range fuel tank. If I cannot have that, then at least give me a swing-away jerry can holder on the rear.
But that will only give you at best, 20lt? for all the hassle, why not put it on the roof rack?

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
10:51 AM
Reaction score
I like the idea of this type of thing for extra fuel.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I like the idea of this type of thing for extra fuel.

Cool idea, but it says it only works on the AEV tire carrier. I'd think one could be made to work with a stock mount though.

I wonder if AEV has any plans for IG aftermarket parts. I'm not too hopeful though, in that all they have for the Bronco appears to be a diff cover.

Last edited:

Pfk

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
9:51 PM
Reaction score
Either factory installed suspension lift kit options or an 8 cylinder option (for those parts of the world that still allow it)

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Either factory installed suspension lift kit options or an 8 cylinder option (for those parts of the world that still allow it)
I'd sign up for both in a heartbeat! But I'd probably settle for the B57 which, unfortunately, will not be crossing the pond.

Back
Top Bottom