The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What's the one option...

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:29 AM
Reaction score
Carraro make portal axles
Yes and some very good looking ones at that.

Also 4 wheel steer, which would be a nice to have on the extended wheelbase model.

If Ineos introduce an SVO department, then I could see some of it happening.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:29 AM
Reaction score
A HUD will be on my good list too. I have plenty of time to sit back and see what’s working well for others before US deliveries begin. Hopefully one product will identify itself as the best for the job.
Any chance Ineos decides to offer a HUD? Might be a worthwhile addition since it won’t really affect outward visibility but will prevent drivers from having to take their eyes off the road to check their speed.

G-Man

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Heated rear bench seat.

We had this on our previous Disco and it goes down very well with the young ones. Its a novelty that never wears off, to the point where my kids still ask me 'when are you going to get a car with heated rear seats again?'.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Heated rear bench seat.

We had this on our previous Disco and it goes down very well with the young ones. Its a novelty that never wears off, to the point where my kids still ask me 'when are you going to get a car with heated rear seats again?'.
I can confirm that. Above all, in the Disco not only the seats of the rear bench are heated, but also the split backrest. Even when no one is sitting in the back, my discarded clothes are dried and warmed. Unfortunately, this will no longer be the case with the Grenadier.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
LeTech Welzheim also makes portal axles. For the G-Wagon. Series production.

And since they are Grenadier dealer: Why not for the Gren?
Are you going to have such axles installed? What do you think of Letech? Do you think he is a good partner for you? As far as I remember, you deliberately decided against the VW dealer.

TD5-90

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
7:29 AM
Reaction score
Are you going to have such axles installed? What do you think of Letech? Do you think he is a good partner for you? As far as I remember, you deliberately decided against the VW dealer.
_If_ever_(!) available for the Gren (just speculating at the moment!), such a modification would certainly _grossly_ exceed my budget I suppose! I'm still a working man and will most probably be for 15+ years...

Yes, I _purposely_ changed to LeTech, because
1. they are _true_ 4x4 guys, no doubt (I already mentioned that), and
2. they said that they already have several kit for the Gren in mind (and not only in mind as I understood), and they have a proven track of modifying Gs.
3. they are Swabians, like me (I think I didn't mention _that_ so far) :D

Again: Since I'm also a confessing VW-driver (yes!), I did _not_ vote against a VW-dealer!
The reasons are and were 1., 2. and 3.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So am I reading their website correctly and they actually designed, engineered and maybe fit the portal axles for Merc?

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:29 PM
Reaction score
Any chance Ineos decides to offer a HUD? Might be a worthwhile addition since it won’t really affect outward visibility but will prevent drivers from having to take their eyes off the road to check their speed.
I have had to take my eyes off the road to check my speed in every vehicle I have ever owned.
Only exception was when I had a Tomtom GPS stuck to th windscreen

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
True. What I really meant was that the typical quick glance is to a screen right in front of you. My current truck has a factory HUD and it took a while to embrace. But now I love it.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
As an update to my choices.

Two that have already been mentioned, but I would agree.

More colour choices. I love green and would have had one but the Sela is a little too green for me. I love the Mitsubishi Amazon green they do on the L200

Adaptive cruise control would be my main extra I think.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
True. What I really meant was that the typical quick glance is to a screen right in front of you. My current truck has a factory HUD and it took a while to embrace. But now I love it.
Unfortunately this is the view I get of the speedo with a quick glance in my current vehicle.
Normally I have the digital speed showing in the top half and only need to dip my head a little bit to read it.
Analogue dial may as well not be there.

1671822389591.png

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Dave are you about 6’8” tall by any chance.

That would drive me crackers mate.

What vehicle is it

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Dave are you about 6’8” tall by any chance.

That would drive me crackers mate.

What vehicle is it
178 cms so around 5'10"
As the roof is glass there is a very thick beam running along the side of the roof right above my head so I have to sit very low and reclined also
No way anyone over 6' could get comfortable in it.
Mercedes C250 CDI AMG Sport version

1671823186802.png1671823307041.png

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have the opposite issue - I'm short. I remember when the Dodge Viper first made the scene, I went to the big auto show in Detroit to check it out. Not that it would have been a practical purchase at the time, but with the seat all the way up and my ass on the edge of the seat, I still couldn't put the clutch to the floor. I really love rowing my own gears, but some setups are just tough for the vertically challenged.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have the opposite issue - I'm short. I remember when the Dodge Viper first made the scene, I went to the big auto show in Detroit to check it out. Not that it would have been a practical purchase at the time, but with the seat all the way up and my ass on the edge of the seat, I still couldn't put the clutch to the floor. I really love rowing my own gears, but some setups are just tough for the vertically challenged.
One reason why my wife and I don't drive each others cars.
She is almost a foot shorter than me at 4'11" 149cms
by the time you change the seat, steering wheel, mirrors & music it is a pain in the butt to go back

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

It is easier when the digital speed is showing
My wife took this one while I was driving on a hot day two weeks ago
1671826521193.png

Back
Top Bottom