The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What's the one option...

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:55 PM
Reaction score
What is the one factory-installed option you wish was available on your Grenadier? (besides we American's whining about no diesel, besides everyone and their mother complaining about no manual trans, and besides wishing for the forthcoming ute)

If you've seen any of my posts, you know for me its AC-ventilated seats.
I will miss my radar cruise control, would also have been nice with the full wiring prep and dual battery to have a proper DC/DC charger with solar input option and an Inverter built in.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
3:55 AM
Reaction score
Dave, you shock me with the vehicle. I would have thought you could have got the perfect driving position in a merc like that.

I thought you were either a giant or driving a smart car or something.

Nice car though 👌

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Waze vs Google Maps. Thoughts??
Google maps are less likely to take you weird routes, but Waze is awesome for showing GPS speed, speed limits, pilice and hazards on the road. I use Waze most if the time now.

Last edited:

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Dave, you shock me with the vehicle. I would have thought you could have got the perfect driving position in a merc like that.

I thought you were either a giant or driving a smart car or something.

Nice car though 👌
It is very comfortable and fantastic to drive.
I often do 5-10 hour drives and arrive feeling good.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
One reason why my wife and I don't drive each others cars.
She is almost a foot shorter than me at 4'11" 149cms
by the time you change the seat, steering wheel, mirrors & music it is a pain in the butt to go back
Not a Grenadier feature, but my wife’s Outback recognizes each of us and adjusts everything but the rear-view mirror. Makes life much easier.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Not a Grenadier feature, but my wife’s Outback recognizes each of us and adjusts everything but the rear-view mirror. Makes life much easier.
This has got my head spinning.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It’s definitely black magic of sorts. When we first got the car we each sat in the drivers seat and the car “scanned” us. We then adjusted mirrors, seat, etc and set those to our profile and all was done.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
If I sat it the drivers seat of that car it would probably flash up a message on the dashboard

Warning: Only one person in the driving seat at a time please.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
It’s definitely black magic of sorts. When we first got the car we each sat in the drivers seat and the car “scanned” us. We then adjusted mirrors, seat, etc and set those to our profile and all was done.
Does it send personal data back to base?
Can you disable that feature?

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
AFAIK nothing is transmitted anywhere - I believe it is locally stored. I do believe it’s also able to be disabled.

Local time
Reaction score
Unfortunately this is the view I get of the speedo with a quick glance in my current vehicle.
Normally I have the digital speed showing in the top half and only need to dip my head a little bit to read it.
Analogue dial may as well not be there.

View attachment 7798529
This looks like it can be adjusted…

Attachments

• 4093AFD0-2732-4C0A-B9E7-85CF6CC9260F.jpeg
    4093AFD0-2732-4C0A-B9E7-85CF6CC9260F.jpeg
    92.6 KB · Views: 2

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
9:55 AM
Reaction score
It is very comfortable and fantastic to drive.
I often do 5-10 hour drives and arrive feeling good.
I can confirm the Mercedes comfort, even for my 22 year old Mercedes. From my house to St. Malo in one wash, almost 1000 km. No refueling (under 6 l/100 km). Arrived completely relaxed - which of course was also due to the low traffic on the highways in France during that time (except around Paris): Cruise control on 130 Km/h and let it run.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
9:55 AM
Reaction score
HUDs are available from third party suppliers. You can even place a mobile phone with an app on the dashboard which projects the data on the windscreen.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I can confirm the Mercedes comfort, even for my 22 year old Mercedes. From my house to St. Malo in one wash, almost 1000 km. No refueling (under 6 l/100 km). Arrived completely relaxed - which of course was also due to the low traffic on the highways in France during that time (except around Paris): Cruise control on 130 Km/h and let it run.
Yes, my first Mercedes and it was like stepping into a different world of motoring.
Before that all my vehicles had been in the $40,000-$70,000 price bracket with the most expensive being a Mazda BT50 not renowned for comfort or on road handling.
$96,000 Merc from 2014 is just amazing.
The Recaro seats in the Grenadier was one of the real selling points for me.

Flewks

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:55 AM
Reaction score
I want the full length roof rack accessory to have removable sections that allow you to use the sun roofs. Then re-insert when you require the full rack.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
A quick review of aftermarket heated steering wheel covers - if anyone is interested:

Excerpt from article:
"If you have ever driven a car with a heated steering wheel on a cold day, you’re unlikely to ever want to go back to a car without one. But not all manufacturers offer the feature and there are millions of older cars on the road without them. That’s why there’s a strong business in aftermarket heated steering wheel covers. More than just a luxury, a heated steering wheel cover can also be a real help for drivers with arthritic hands and fingers. All heated steering wheel covers share one key weakness: the need for power. Despite a couple of misleading headings on online shopping platforms, there are no wireless heated steering wheel covers. All are powered by a 12-volt outlet in the car. So there’s a cord running from the steering wheel to that outlet, which is in different locations in different vehicles. Users report cords getting wrapped around the steering column and turns causing the plug to pull out of the outlet. Some manufacturers say coiled cords help solve that problem, but users disagree. The only safe solution is to allow extra time and warm the steering wheel for a few minutes, then unplug it before driving."
Just tossing this out there - it’s 7F/-14C here this morning. I’m thinking the leather seats and steering wheel are cold as hell right now. Thank God both are heated as we’re heading out soon.

Local time
Reaction score
Just tossing this out there - it’s 7F/-14C here this morning. I’m thinking the leather seats and steering wheel are cold as hell right now. Thank God both are heated as we’re heading out soon.
One nice option/feature of the Ford Superduty diesel pick up is "rapid heat", an electric element added into the in-cab heating system. Needs a suitable oem charging system but is very nice to have on cold mornings because the cab warms up considerably faster.

Something like that would be a nice option on the Gren.

But my first option choice is a bit silly - silly because I don't know if it is standard, though it should be - is power side mirrors.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:55 AM
Reaction score
Wasn't there a Merc option a few years back where it stored hot air from one drive for the next?

Back
Top Bottom