The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What's the one option...

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:55 PM
Reaction score
A HUD. The BMW “M” style ones I have driven with are absolutely fantastic, clear to read, customisable and keep your head and eyes up while driving. I think there is a good space for a very high quality aftermarket one in the future.
I am looking at getting this one from Hudway
Never used it before but looks good and as it is easily removable it may save it baking in our heat and sun

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:55 AM
Reaction score
I use google maps because it interfaces pretty well with google search.
My wife prefers Waze because people input problems on the roads ahead such as accidents, breakdowns, roadworks and those funny little people who want to take my picture.
I've never used Waze, but have used Google Maps infrequently. I've always been a manufactures Sat Nav (various) user. But now preparing for Grenadier life where I will have to use android auto. Change is always going to be a trail and error exercise. I didn't think Waze was that popular in the UK. I'm going to have to practice with Waze pre delivery, I'll have plenty of time since I'm down for a June delivery. 6 months behind you lot!!!

stickshifter

Reservation Holder
Local time
11:55 AM
Reaction score
22” alloy wheels and track tyres

I’ll have to get them aftermarket now when I have bonnet vents and a rear spoiler fitted.

If I am honest, if a vehicle has electric windows, automatic, connectivity for my phone and air con, I am not really bothered about anything else. I never use them, possibly the if pushed I would say a heated windscreen for the 10 times a year I would probably need it. If I had to pay extra then forget it. I’ll just keep pouring hot tap water on the screen like I always do.

You are not even allowed to joke about 22" wheels :eek:
big_wheels.jpg
Thankfully, no images exist of a Grenadier on 22s 😃

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:55 PM
Reaction score
I've never used Waze, but have used Google Maps infrequently. I've always been a manufactures Sat Nav (various) user. But now preparing for Grenadier life where I will have to use android auto. Change is always going to be a trail and error exercise. I didn't think Waze was that popular in the UK. I'm going to have to practice with Waze pre delivery, I'll have plenty of time since I'm down for a June delivery. 6 months behind you lot!!!
Perhaps we should start a special section on Navigation tools.
I almost always use Waze, because my 10-years old car hasn't a build-in system.
The only tip I can give: always check the alternative roads on Waze: the standard is "the fastest", but sometimes the fast way is only 1 minute faster but 10 km longer!
But I love it, it isn't faultless, but fantastic. I drive a lot (for work), to a lot of different places, and almost never take a safety margin higher than 5 minutes.

But I don't use it often when I travel, because it tends to avoid "dirt tracks", even when you choose "not to avoid them". I have other alternatives for this!

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:55 AM
Reaction score
I am looking at getting this one from Hudway
Never used it before but looks good and as it is easily removable it may save it baking in our heat and sun
A HUD will be on my good list too. I have plenty of time to sit back and see what’s working well for others before US deliveries begin. Hopefully one product will identify itself as the best for the job.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
12:55 PM
Reaction score
Back
Top Bottom