The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What's the one option...

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:19 AM
Reaction score
The problem with this forum is that if I buy all the nice tools that a lot of people are promoting - and this one is also very tempting, and I already bought some nice stuff - that I will need a second Grenadier for carrying them all :eek: ;):unsure:
This one Jean is one of the most important bits of kit to carry. No tow starting with an automatic vehicle and if you run your battery/batteries flat then this will get you out of trouble. A great bit of kit that can also charge phones and cameras etc. I use at my work place for plant machinery, boats and on occasion in the village where I live to start neighbours cars. A great insurance policy in my view. 👍🏼

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:19 PM
Reaction score
This one Jean is one of the most important bits of kit to carry. No tow starting with an automatic vehicle and if you run your battery/batteries flat then this will get you out of trouble. A great bit of kit that can also charge phones and cameras etc. I use at my work place for plant machinery, boats and on occasion in the village where I live to start neighbours cars. A great insurance policy in my view. 👍🏼
I mainly have one because I have 3 classic cars (4 if you count my son’s) and they often sit for weeks without being driven so I have battery problems from time to time and like to have this as an easy carry backup, but definitely gets thrown in the 4wd for trips as well.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
7:19 PM
Reaction score
also run 2 Resmed CPAP humidifiers
I have the resmed cpap humidifier. But for camping, I use the resmed travel with the humidifier cartridges. You can also buy 1lb 95wH portable battery for emergencies. When using battery alone I get 2 nights before needing to charge.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have the resmed cpap humidifier. But for camping, I use the resmed travel with the humidifier cartridges. You can also buy 1lb 95wH portable battery for emergencies. When using battery alone I get 2 nights before needing to charge.
Great setup you've got! 👍 Trouble is, despite being an Australian company, the prices of Resmed products in the USA are about half to two thirds of what they cost in Aus. even allowingfor the foreign exchange! But it's Sunday so I won't dwell on the negative 🤬;)

Local time
8:19 PM
Reaction score
Does the grenadier have remote start or satellite radio?

Local time
Reaction score
Why? It's a global platform, why should it be so?
Not particularly useful/relevant in Africa or Australia.
As an option. Like safari windows are an option, like the heated seats are an option. I would guess that the heated seats are not a common option chosen in the Australian market. The heated steering wheel would be no different.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:19 PM
Reaction score
Why? It's a global platform, why should it be so?
Not particularly useful/relevant in Africa or Australia.
How wonderful for you that you live somewhere it never gets cold, but I assure you there many places on the globe that do get cold, and some of them even start with the letter A, just like Australia and Africa! I might offer Antarctica, Alaska, the Americas (north AND south)

In fact, the largest market for the grenadier is (checks notes) North America.

Wonderful!

Lord Ripon USA

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
As the demographics come out for NA the oversight will be obvious.
Each edition can have better differentiating features.

lagartoboy

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
9:19 PM
Reaction score
As the demographics come out for NA the oversight will be obvious.
Each edition can have better differentiating features.
This suggestion may be an option per the original question, or maybe it should be a design change. For those of us who pass on the very nice, very expensive front winch option, it should be much easier than it is to install an after market winch. I would have gladly paid a few hundred $ to get an optional “pre prepped“ winch package, making after market installation plug and play.

Lord Ripon USA

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
This suggestion may be an option per the original question, or maybe it should be a design change. For those of us who pass on the very nice, very expensive front winch option, it should be much easier than it is to install an after market winch. I would have gladly paid a few hundred $ to get an optional “pre prepped“ winch package, making after market installation plug and play.
There is just too much overlap between models.
In NA there are 3 models
If you pick enough boxes the differences are minuscule.
I don’t think that was intended.
As far as market segmentation it causes problems of clarity.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
7:19 PM
Reaction score
How wonderful for you that you live somewhere it never gets cold, but I assure you there many places on the globe that do get cold, and some of them even start with the letter A, just like Australia and Africa! I might offer Antarctica, Alaska, the Americas (north AND south)

In fact, the largest market for the grenadier is (checks notes) North America.

Wonderful!
You must know Alaskans because they don't really want to be associated with any of the Americas. They like to be left alone hence why they live in Alaska.

Last edited:

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
As an option. Like safari windows are an option, like the heated seats are an option. I would guess that the heated seats are not a common option chosen in the Australian market. The heated steering wheel would be no different.

Actually the heated seats are a mandatory option if you go leather seats so there will be quite a few. I’m thinking it will be the most underutilised option I have in the vehicle living in Queensland.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:19 AM
Reaction score
The heated seats are a very common option in Australia, it does get cold. From what I've seen ~ 70% of owners have opted for this.

LeftCoastOverland

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
The heated seats are a very common option in Australia, it does get cold. From what I've seen ~ 70% of owners have opted for this.
Yeah I chose to get the heated seats on my Aussie rig. Even on Maui where it’s perpetually hot/warm I used mine every day. Good way to loosen up the back.

Local time
Reaction score
Okay, cool, but - not really the point, right? I was just suggesting that a heated steering wheel - as an option - hurts no one, and might provide a huge benefit to some. As an option - one can choose to order it - or not.

Personally, I don't want safari windows. Fortunately, they are an option. So I did not order them. It does not bother me one bit that they are offered as an option for folks who would really enjoy them.

A heated steering wheel would be the same.

Back
Top Bottom