The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What's the one option...

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
9:47 PM
Reaction score
Nothing like a nice warm smack in the face.
My aircon is always on in the car even if the windows are down and the roof is open.
Always set to 22 degrees summer or winter
Looxory, lad. None of my 8 old cars has working aircon and there is no heating in both Landies (the ex Qld Discovery is one of them)
And I don't have a modern car. The Grenadier will be so disgustingly soft when it eventually turns up!

jrchrds

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:47 AM
Reaction score
Re OBD reader in touch screen, you can get apps that will do this for Android and Apple which will give you the what you desire via a Bluetooth OBD dongle
II use this one on my Gen 1 Tacoma, it works great via an app. In the app it will also search up common fixes/problems based on an online database and search. Not as cool as having access to all that onboard, but it's not terrible. Oh- you can't leave it plugged in full time, it will eventually draw down your battery (weeks.)

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:47 AM
Reaction score
Probably posted already but a proper hooded instrument panel. The one screen is so small. The instrument part is 1/3 of it and the rest is small for an entertainment display. Instead of saying its a 12 inch display, it should read a 3 inch instrument display and 9 inch for the entertainment. Which are relatively small anyway you put it. Yea, I wouldn't mind dials either.

Fidei Defensor

Contract Signed
Local time
7:47 AM
Reaction score
I will miss my radar cruise control, would also have been nice with the full wiring prep and dual battery to have a proper DC/DC charger with solar input option and an Inverter built in.
Easy "do it yourself": follow their description and make your own mounting plate, or just buy the kit. The Ctek D250SE is about $300 US......

Burki

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:47 PM
Reaction score

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:47 PM
Reaction score
Easy "do it yourself": follow their description and make your own mounting plate, or just buy the kit. The Ctek D250SE is about $300 US......
There are better, more compact options available than the dual module Ctek that is in the IG. Not sure why they went down that path, it could be availability at the time. Redarc Core range does all the dual Ctek gear does but in a better compact module.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
There are better, more compact options available than the dual module Ctek that is in the IG. Not sure why they went down that path, it could be availability at the time. Redarc Core range does all the dual Ctek gear does but in a better compact module.
I guess it had to be available and approved worldwide and the supplier also wanted to be involved.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Redarc told me that I should add their DC/DC unit to the Smartpass as it would replace the D250SE but not the Smartpass. I have already bought a D250 SE to add to mine. Pete Bell is making a plate alone for sale and am looking forward to seeing what he will charge

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Redarc told me that I should add their DC/DC unit to the Smartpass as it would replace the D250SE but not the Smartpass. I have already bought a D250 SE to add to mine. Pete Bell is making a plate alone for sale and am looking forward to seeing what he will charge
The Redarc replaces the Smartpass and the D250E in one unit. The unit (Redarc) should act as a VSR and dcdc charger + solar in one unit.
I'd be interested to know what the reason is to add it rather than replace it? The only function that the Redarc doesn't do is join the 2 batteries for starting. After a conversation with an IG owner with this system I'm going with the Redarc and a lithium set-up as he said the 105ah battery is not suitable for his (and my) usage.

Last edited:

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The Redarc replaces the Smartpass and the D250E in one unit. The unit (Redarc) should act as a VSR and dcdc charger + solar in one unit.
I'd be interested to know what the reason is to add it rather than replace it? The only function that the Redarc doesn't do is join the 2 batteries for starting. After a conversation with an IG owner with this system I'm going with the Redarc and a lithium set-up as he said the 105ah battery is not suitable for his (and my) usage.
I'll probably leave the setup as is but "plug in" my portable DIY battery box equipped with a Projecta IDC25L DC-DC/Solar charger and 500W inverter connected to a 100AH LiFePO4 (Jaycar) which manages both my 14 yr old Bushman 35-52L fridge and a "Brass Monkey" 22L fridge (bought for an emergency) which has been 'thrashed' over the past 2 yrs yet is surprisingly reliable! Apart from the fridges, I also run 2 Resmed CPAP machines (sans humidifiers). Thinking of adding a second 100AH Li battery in parallel which the Projecta will handle with ease and enable the addition of the humidifiers with the CPAP machines...

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'll probably leave the setup as is but "plug in" my portable DIY battery box equipped with a Projecta IDC25L DC-DC/Solar charger and 500W inverter connected to a 100AH LiFePO4 (Jaycar) which manages both my 14 yr old Bushman 35-52L fridge and a "Brass Monkey" 22L fridge (bought for an emergency) but which has been 'thrashed' over the past 2 yrs but is surprisingly reliable! Apart from the fridges, I also run 2 CPAP machines (sans humidifiers). Thinking of adding a second 100AH Li battery in parallel which the Projecta will handle with ease and enable the addition of the humidifiers with the CPAP machines...
Sounds like you have it sorted 👍🏼 we use Brass Monkey 22lts in our work vans, 4 years now without an issue, unbelievable for a $299 fridge. Obviously Projecta have sorted the IDC25L out as I had trouble with mine as it would shut down for no apparent reason, apparent it didn't like my battery's BMS but that was when they were first released.

Last edited:

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:47 PM
Reaction score
Yes, and no. I always carry a NOCO starter after having an auto 4X4 for the last 6 years and jump leads, which i have used extensively on other vehicles for some reason

https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B016UG6PWE/?tag=theineosforum-22
The problem with this forum is that if I buy all the nice tools that a lot of people are promoting - and this one is also very tempting, and I already bought some nice stuff - that I will need a second Grenadier for carrying them all :eek: ;):unsure:

Back
Top Bottom