The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What's behind the dash panels?

Highwayman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:07 AM
Reaction score
Having my tracker fitted today and so most of my dash panels have been removed. Thought some of you might like to see what is behind the plastic.

I went looking for the pre-wired Deutz sockets in the font footwells, but couldn't find them. I asked the installer, given he actually understand what he is looking at (well I hope he does!) and he couldn't see them either.

A few pictures ...........

Directly below steering wheel
20230512_152444[1].jpg

OBD port
20230512_152453[1].jpg

Drivers side kick panel (couldn't see the Deutz plug
20230512_152507[1].jpg

Please enlighten me if you can see said plug!

Beormund

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Having my tracker fitted today and so most of my dash panels have been removed. Thought some of you might like to see what is behind the plastic.

I went looking for the pre-wired Deutz sockets in the font footwells, but couldn't find them. I asked the installer, given he actually understand what he is looking at (well I hope he does!) and he couldn't see them either.

View attachment 7811372

OBD port
View attachment 7811373

View attachment 7811374

Wow, didn't realise having a tracker fitted entailed removing dash panels - seems quite invasive! Is that normal?

Reactions: PBD

acwiltshire

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:07 PM
Reaction score

View attachment 7811372

OBD port
View attachment 7811373

View attachment 7811374

Might I ask which tracker you chose? I had considered scorpion before getting my car

Maxwell

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:07 AM
Reaction score

View attachment 7811372

OBD port
View attachment 7811373

View attachment 7811374

I that rust on the panel on the left to the OBD?

Beormund

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I see what you mean on the picture. It wasn’t apparent when I looked inside the car yesterday.

View attachment 7811372

OBD port
View attachment 7811373

View attachment 7811374

How did the tracker fitting go? Happy with it? Can you recommend the product/fitter?

Highwayman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Might I ask which tracker you chose? I had considered scorpion before getting my car
Scorpion S5. I didn’t have much choice to be honest as it was an insurance requirement and they specified it.

Getting it fitted was interesting, as there was no experience of INEOS. Initial requirement was for tracker and immobiliser, but they settled for just tracker as the fitters would not guarantee immobiliser would be possible.

Now the fitter has completed the work, I have both the tracker and the immobiliser functions installed. His feedback was that it was “a distant relative” of BMW. Some similarities, but different locations and different wire colours.

If you have difficulty getting it fitted let me know and I can put your installers in touch with mine

acwiltshire

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Scorpion S5. I didn’t have much choice to be honest as it was an insurance requirement and they specified it.

Getting it fitted was interesting, as there was no experience of INEOS. Initial requirement was for tracker and immobiliser, but they settled for just tracker as the fitters would not guarantee immobiliser would be possible.

Now the fitter has completed the work, I have both the tracker and the immobiliser functions installed. His feedback was that it was “a distant relative” of BMW. Some similarities, but different locations and different wire colours.

If you have difficulty getting it fitted let me know and I can put your installers in touch with mine
Splendid thank you. I dont have an insurance requirement BUT that's the route I was going down. Not keen on the steering wheel type locks as they all seem to be hard wearing on the wheel leather.

Highwayman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Local time
1:07 PM
Reaction score

View attachment 7811372

OBD port
View attachment 7811373

View attachment 7811374

There is no plug, just a pair of wires.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
There is no plug, just a pair of wires.

Yes I remember now, someone found them eventually. Not quite what we all expected but the wires are there..

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I have a very basic off the shelf tracker that will be good for up to a few hours after the theft. If thieves have it for more than that, whatever you have will be rendered useless.

Normally they nick the vehicle and park it up elsewhere for a few days to test out any trackers and come back to it later, if it’s still there it’s now safe to move it.

Chris

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

View attachment 7811372

OBD port
View attachment 7811373

View attachment 7811374

The above link may help. If not, look on Jeans other threads as he has found said connection which is two sealed wire end’s behind the front outer side panels. If not in above link, check out his USB thread.

Highwayman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Back
Top Bottom