The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas What USA dealer(s) would you specifically nominate to offer the Grenadier?

Reducs

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Supporter
Local time
12:19 AM
Reaction score
My vote for the Dallas/Fort Worth area would be the Avondale Group. Impressive portfolio and I've had excellent service at their Porsche shop. https://www.avondale.com/avondale-dealerships.htm

[edit] Also Sewell. Good rep and a couple of BMW franchises here, so they'd be a good fit.

At the other end of the spectrum is Autobahn Motors in Fort Worth. If they're the dealer I'll probably cancel the order, BUT... they have Land Rover, so I'm pretty sure it won't be them! 🙏

Last edited:

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My vote for the Dallas/Fort Worth area would be the Avondale Group. Impressive portfolio and I've had excellent service at their Porsche shop. https://www.avondale.com/avondale-dealerships.htm

At the other end of the spectrum is Autobahn Motors in Fort Worth. If they're the dealer I'll probably cancel the order, BUT... they have Land Rover, so I'm pretty sure it won't be them! 🙏
I think I can speak for multiple members here in saying if the local dealership is sketchy, we’re willing to make the effort and trip to find a dealer that respects us and the ethos of Sir Jim’s vision.

Local time
Reaction score
I think I can speak for multiple members here in saying if the local dealership is sketchy, we’re willing to make the effort and trip to find a dealer that respects us and the ethos of Sir Jim’s vision.
Choice for local dealer will affect whether I purchase the vehicle or not. Auto repair/service post covid has been abysmal. I'm just not willing to risk dealing with a shop that doesn't have a strong reputation when it comes to honesty, fair pricing, speed, and quality of work.

I may flip the vehicle if pricing in the US results in higher secondary market prices and Ineos expects me to deal with a shitty business partner.

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
9:19 PM
Reaction score
On a more serious note to the question at play - I think we would benefit from recognizing that Ineos isn't using the traditional "Big Three" model where the place you buy the rig is also the place you get it fixed.

The places to get it fixed will likely be a stone's throw away from wherever you are. I say that for three reasons:

1) Ineos has partnered with Bosch to be their "service centre of choice", and Bosch is expanding significantly in their branded workshops as of late 2022. I have been unable to find a map of all the locations but I was pretty thrilled to see one in Nanaimo by chance, which is under an hour away from me here on Van Island (an area that isn't really well serviced by big brands), so if Bosch is here, they will likely be elsewhere.

2) The freely available service manuals means that even non-branded shops should be able to work on your Grenadier fairly easily.

3) You can DIY a lot of stuff on the grenadier thanks to those service manuals and communities like this. I give it a year after NA deliveries where someone has a thread on a full engine pull and rebuild :p

The places to buy it can afford to be a bit further apart - this is a very big financial decision for folks, and the types of folks seeking out the grenadier are likely to be willing to travel for a bit to make a purchase. As such, I can see there being a much lower need for dealerships, since the service requirements are not part of Ineos' model. As far as who they should partner with, John Deere's right to repair stuff does make me hesitate even though they do have the network. Caterpillar is a great option - they've got locations all over the place. I can also see these being sold by independent dealers who hold a number of other marques -- for example, motorcycle dealerships will often sell motorbikes, quads, and side-by-sides from a number of different manufacturers. In more remote areas, these places are likely also your Stihl dealers for chainsaws and other types of bush equipment. They sometimes have service areas attached but not always. I can see these mom-and-pop shops being a good option but Ineos will need to avoid what other brands have done -- a whole bunch of folks partnered with Triumph motorbikes back in the day, but then Triumph started having expectations for the "vibe" of those dealerships, and many folks ended up having to invest a lot of money in new buildings and spaces to keep the Triumph license but the end result is that some of those dealerships have closed doors.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This thread started two weeks ago and it's been a good one. March is on our doorstep and IA has yet to make any announcements in the NA regarding dealers, service centers, and the like. I'm not sure if that's a bad sign or a good one.

Local time
Reaction score
This thread started two weeks ago and it's been a good one. March is on our doorstep and IA has yet to make any announcements in the NA regarding dealers, service centers, and the like. I'm not sure if that's a bad sign or a good one.
I mean...to be fair they said that announcement was coming Q2. Which doesn't even start until April 1. Given their track record of blazing fast communications :cautious:, you'd best not expect anything until 23:59 GMT on 30 June. That's if they even make an announcement in Q2.

Local time
9:19 PM
Reaction score
I believe the Bosch connection was for service, not sales.

Correct, that's what I've been reading for some time as far as a "service network." Problem with this is that there are LOTS of excellent European specialty service/repair businesses (oh hi! ;)) that are no longer Bosch shops because of the goofy requirements that Bosch started demanding of their Bosch service center partners. As well, there are more than likely still some Bosch shops who probably shouldn't be working on anyone's vehicles anymore, if you know what I mean. Yes, the same goes for current dealerships of any vehicle marque. My point is that if IA includes only BMW dealerships for new IG sales/service, and only Bosch shops for IG service, IG is setting their customers up for hard times.

We hope IA still moves forward with open sourcing all of the service manuals/technical info/etc to the world, so that the high quality indepdendent/family-owned (especially European-focused due to the B58/ZF8HP connection) shops can help maintain these special vehicles for a long time.

TRAILMASTER

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:19 PM
Reaction score
Newbie here -
I specifically recommended to Greg Clark during the March 2022 Chicago Prototype tour that
Knauz Auto Park (Lake Bluff, IL) would be the ideal INEOS Dealer for the Chicagoland region.
Bought and service my wife's BMW with them and they provide outstanding customer service (dealer service pricing of course).
I am also very pleased that my regular European Auto repair shop (Audi, VW & BMW) is a certified Bosch service center.

FlyersFan76

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I know it has been almost 30 years but Nucar. Originally in Delaware but they were one of the first Hummer dealerships which saw the need for a truck like that.

Although they do not have any BMW affiliations that I know of.

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:19 PM
Reaction score
I see that they are refurbishing the old Porsche dealership near Momentum BMW. Maybe the new Ineos Center. Its small enough.

Local time
10:19 PM
Reaction score
I was kinda surprised to see Boise is getting one. Ineos Automotive Americas, LLC was registered here in January. No word on who the dealer is yet.

Local time
Reaction score
I was kinda surprised to see Boise is getting one. Ineos Automotive Americas, LLC was registered here in January. No word on who the dealer is yet.
Interesting. I just checked registrations in Virginia and Maryland--Ineos Automotive Americas, LLC is registered only in VA, not MD. Could mean nothing; could mean the DMV dealership will be in VA.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Interesting. I just checked registrations in Virginia and Maryland--Ineos Automotive Americas, LLC is registered only in VA, not MD. Could mean nothing; could mean the DMV dealership will be in VA.
Interesting - where are you checking this? I'm curious about NJ the most, but PA and NY are close by.

Local time
Reaction score

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks. I searched "ineos" in NJ link you said and 13 returns - including Ineos Americas LLC and Ineos USA LLC.
Right. Most entities listed are likely associated with Ineos' petrochemical business (or an unrelated entity/business). There isn't much to go on, but you can look at the address listed for the principal office/place of business and confirm whether it matches that listed for Ineos Automotive Americas LLC in other states: 2020 Progress Ct Ste 100-112, Raleigh, NC, 27608.

Local time
Reaction score
To state the obvious, these business registration records won't reveal dealership identities--they just confirm that Ineos Automotive has registered as a foreign corporation in the state (presumably because it anticipates conducting business, i.e., distributing vehicles, in the state).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom