The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas What are you actually going to visit the dealer for?

hustlehard285

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:38 AM
Reaction score
So I started to put in my order, and entered my address for my dealer "selection" and it seems like instead of Denver they're choosing Colorado Springs. 1:30 drive, which isn't ideal. But I then started to think about what I would actually have to go to the dealer for. Obviously the initial pick up and return trips for any accessories that aren't ready on delivery day. But I'll do my own oil changes, and brakes. Only thing I'd probably see a dealer for is diff fluid and any major mechanical issues. So maybe it doesn't matter that it's far away? What're everyone else's thoughts, am I missing something?

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:38 PM
Reaction score
Just unexpected warranty issues and maybe software updates etc, which at this stage may be more regular than ideal. But having said that it’s probably an hour drive for me just across Sydney to get to my dealer so 1:30 doesn’t sound out of the question to me.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So I started to put in my order, and entered my address for my dealer "selection" and it seems like instead of Denver they're choosing Colorado Springs. 1:30 drive, which isn't ideal. But I then started to think about what I would actually have to go to the dealer for. Obviously the initial pick up and return trips for any accessories that aren't ready on delivery day. But I'll do my own oil changes, and brakes. Only thing I'd probably see a dealer for is diff fluid and any major mechanical issues. So maybe it doesn't matter that it's far away? What're everyone else's thoughts, am I missing something?
I have two choices of dealers.
Currently booked in to Rick at SLRV Expedition vehicles to pick it up which as you can see is 4Hrs and 9 minutes away
Although I could go to Paul at Noosa Ineos which is only 2 hrs 16 minutes away.

1685568639662.png
1685568738006.png

Wayneos

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm picking mine up in Melbourne even though I'm in Sydney, 900km. It's what I did with my Ranger Raptor. The drive back through the Victorian alpine region was brilliant! Hoping to do the same but stretch it out even more with the Grenadier.

Assuming all of the software bugs have been taken care of first!

Starship Troopers GIF

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:38 AM
Reaction score
Definitely software stuff if updating at home is a no go. Naturally for any warranty work or recalls and depending if other IA approved service options exist closer that may be it.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:38 AM
Reaction score
Always read the small print.

C1.3 ANTI PERFORATION WARRANTY
The Anti Perforation Warranty covers body sheet metal panels and chassis frame which suffer from inside-to-outside perforation from corrosion as a result of defective materials or workmanship. The period for the Anti Perforation Warranty is 12 years from warranty start date This warranty requires that the vehicle is inspected, and repaired, if necessary, by an authorised INEOS Automotive Approved Workshop. Inspection and repair is required annually after the warranty start date."

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Always read the small print.

C1.3 ANTI PERFORATION WARRANTY
The Anti Perforation Warranty covers body sheet metal panels and chassis frame which suffer from inside-to-outside perforation from corrosion as a result of defective materials or workmanship. The period for the Anti Perforation Warranty is 12 years from warranty start date This warranty requires that the vehicle is inspected, and repaired, if necessary, by an authorised INEOS Automotive Approved Workshop. Inspection and repair is required annually after the warranty start date."
Standard, all car companies say that

zvakanaka

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Most the the vehicles I've owned or own today, all require a minimum 1.5 hour drive to Orlando or Tampa here in Florida. I'm with you, how often are you at the dealer and if a lot, you'll probably want to dump the car anyway.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Warranty work only, everything else will either be done at home or by the aftermarket shop that works on all of our other vehicles (which is a 5.5hr one way drive from us).

I'm in Maryland but considering buying through the NC dealer simply because we go to NC for everything else truck related (that's where the aforementioned shop is, as well as where we regularly get some off road miles)

Lord Ripon USA

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I'm 8+ hrs from the PROSPECTIVE dealer that might sign up in Chicago.
It is my full intention to NEVER go to a dealer.
Part of the whole Ineos thing is repairability in sub optimal places, and open source connectivity for upgrades.

GoneNative

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I'm 8+ hrs from the PROSPECTIVE dealer that might sign up in Chicago.
It is my full intention to NEVER go to a dealer.
Part of the whole Ineos thing is repairability in sub optimal places, and open source connectivity for upgrades.
Where have you seen this open source wording or connectivity? All I've seen is the promise of a repair manual and that repairs in the field are possible. Do you have a quote from Ineos on this aspect?

Open source implies the software and I doubt a car manufacturer would let the engine management software be open to tinkering because of emissions regulations. The EPA is busting companies for rolling coal emissions software changes for example.

Lord Ripon USA

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
You have a point there.
In the early days, the discussions (perhaps pertaining only to fleet sales in developing places) were very clear about the repair anyplace, anywhere aspect. Questions about electronics were answered with as long as you have data service (sat) you'll be able to plug in.

Now that sales are starting in the US market perhaps that has turned out to be impossible. Emissions requirements are certainly
a complex area.
FWIW, I am a staunch proponent for "Right to Repair" legislation, and owner choice.
So by nature I am against any sort of captured repair/maintenance/upgrade constraints.
For me, the ability to escape dealer control of my vehicle is important.

I live a day's drive from the prospective IG dealer, and it isn't practical to lose entire weeks for scheduled vehicle maintenance.

Back
Top Bottom