The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas What USA dealer(s) would you specifically nominate to offer the Grenadier?

DDG

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
12:49 AM
Reaction score
I think I’ve figured it out. The Penske Automotive Group. Roger Penske’s vast network representing just about every manufacturer, with a leaning toward the high end. I have had satisfactory dealings with Porsche of Beachwood (Cleveland, OH), and regularly hear good things from car folks. Penske does operate numerous JLR dealerships; which might be a problem for them. A partnership with this one entity, however; would establish a nation wide presence potentially. I don’t picture IA building stand-alone dealerships, and in place of dozens of individual partnerships they could deal with one mega dealer group. It would not surprise me if this is who they team up with.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Brilliant thought.

Local time
Reaction score
Almost needs to be independent dealerships rather than any brand affiliated store. There aren’t many honest dealerships in the country. If a dealership has a reputation for making sales at or below MSRP, chances are they are raping their customers on finance and service. The converse is also prevalent; decent service department you are paying for with prices being jacked up over MSRP. I would challenge any large dealership in the United States to make their case that they use fair retail pricing AND honest service. It does not exist because the dealership model itself is a criminal enterprise. Tesla has cracked the glass but it will be a massive and long battle to dismantle such a profitable mafia that is a car dealership in the United States. I have been treated well by a few dealerships representing the same brand as another dealer who literally commits a crime with every sale (both are Porsche dealerships). My point is that IA doesn’t have a clear choice. The John Deere idea could be worse. Maybe a Kubota dealer? Purposefully shake up the hierarchy and make it clear what is expected. Hand a dealer the golden goose and they’re eating foie gras TONIGHT! That’s the American way
Tractor Supply- done

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:49 PM
Reaction score
Penske might be good, but they don't even cover Houston, the third largest city in the USA.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The Ineos Belstaff thing makes sense, but in the States, probably not as much. But, hooking up with REI is a great idea.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
9:49 PM
Reaction score
Penske might be good, but they don't even cover Houston, the third largest city in the USA.
Is there a dealer that you think would suit the Grenadier in Houston?
I’m struggling to find any stand out dealers in la that I know of. They’re all pretty much of a muchness.

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Is there a dealer that you think would suit the Grenadier in Houston?
I’m struggling to find any stand out dealers in la that I know of. They’re all pretty much of a muchness.
I guess Midtown BMW as its centrally located. How many dealers could Houston support? Or maybe Star Motors and put it with the Lotus/Aston showroom?

Local time
Reaction score
REI doesn't make much sense. They don't work on vehicles(other than bicycles) and are primarily located in congested urban areas with no room for expansion for service bays. Maybe as a point of sale only, but I'd rather have an ineos partner with a service center.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Toyota? Makes as much sense as John Deere....
I can't see them pairing with a brand as big as Toyota - esp. since there's rumors the LC may come back.

Besides the powertrain, BMW makes sense in that the Gren doesn't compete with any of their products.

LC0013

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I can't see them pairing with a brand as big as Toyota - esp. since there's rumors the LC may come back.

Besides the powertrain, BMW makes sense in that the Gren doesn't compete with any of their products.
I agree that the pairing will not happen but, the bad aspect of using BMW is cost. Now if they just deal with engine issues maybe that is not so bad. But labor rates and parts cost are significantly higher than Toyota. Now if they had just used a Toyota engine!

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I agree that the pairing will not happen but, the bad aspect of using BMW is cost. Now if they just deal with engine issues maybe that is not so bad. But labor rates and parts cost are significantly higher than Toyota. Now if they had just used a Toyota engine!
Labor rates is something I never considered - that's really something I hope IA considers in this.

Local time
9:49 PM
Reaction score
Brazelton Auto?
Absolutely not. They have a $30k ADM on a Bronco.

Edit:. To be fair to that dealer, they responded to my post on their social media it would be fixed pricing. That is IAs ethos, but time will tell.

Last edited:

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
One of the Ineos employees said it would be a BMW dealer inside Beltway 8. There two, Midtown and Momentum. Momentum is much much bigger than Midtown. In fact, why did he bother saying in inside the Beltway?

Back
Top Bottom