The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:53 PM
Reaction score
OK Might look at that.
just spray some into the cap and dab some on with a cotton bud or small paint brush, did it on an early delivered Grenadier, look sooo much better

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:53 PM
Reaction score
Hello bakepl:
Good idea.
Where do you get the power from?
From the nato solenoid behind the panel as it has more than adequate power/wiring at that terminal. I have this solenoid connected to the passenger overhead footwell switches that I'm not using and have downgraded the fuse from 10 to 5 amps.... the solenoid powers the nato and the compressor as I need it and any items run of that are fused accordingly.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:53 AM
Reaction score
Yesterday a short trip on grass . testing a meadow in forest.. not soaking wet.. - quite "impressive" - no difflocks or low required.
Today a short trip to our council "capital" - Friedberg (former army home of Elvis Presley) - to pick up some stuff.. good maneuvering in small roads.. and I managed to get an open parking spot on Friday.. - on way home there was a new Ford Bronco on opposite Lane.. gave the driver a wave .. he was confused staring at me.. .. So what..

minidok

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:53 AM
Reaction score
Went down to the local harbour to look at the sea state. We’ve had quite a storm here the last few days

Attachments

• IMG_4889.jpeg
    IMG_4889.jpeg
    236.9 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_4883.jpeg
    IMG_4883.jpeg
    215.2 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_4893.jpeg
    IMG_4893.jpeg
    166.7 KB · Views: 85

minidok

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Went down to the local harbour to look at the sea state. We’ve had quite a storm here the last few days
Very nice scenery, even more with the presence of the IG in front. Which is your local harbour?

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
9:53 AM
Reaction score
Out pricing work today, access track into the site was long a muddy as hell! good fun if I'm being honest

Mushroom colour frames mud very nicely!
20231021_111936.jpgO20231021_111944.jpg

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:53 AM
Reaction score
The fuel cap cover drops a couple of millimetres towards the back of the car and doesn't follow the wheel arch.

I have been working out a way to line up the Fuel cap cover...being a designer things in my brain have to line up as they were made to...It has annoyed me since I saw the prototypes and thought that would be sorted by the time it's in production...Looking at the cover hinge I noticed a lug at its base...I created a wedge using a light galvanized steel plate, by putting a crease in it...I played with this till I had the right lift I needed...so when I close the cover that lug slides up the wedge lifting the cover to the right height...this is my prototype that is held in place with Wurth double sided tape but it works for now and probably will be 3D printed and held in place with sika...it is easy to see this fault on the lighter coloured cars...once I have made a proper pattern I will again post on here... (y) IMG_6590.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_6593.jpg
    IMG_6593.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_6592.jpg
    IMG_6592.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 129

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The fuel cap cover drops a couple of millimetres towards the back of the car and doesn't follow the wheel arch.

I have been working out a way to line up the Fuel cap cover...being a designer things in my brain have to line up as they were made to...It has annoyed me since I saw the prototypes and thought that would be sorted by the time it's in production...Looking at the cover hinge I noticed a lug at its base...I created a wedge using a light galvanized steel plate, by putting a crease in it...I played with this till I had the right lift I needed...so when I close the cover that lug slides up the wedge lifting the cover to the right height...this is my prototype that is held in place with Wurth double sided tape but it works for now and probably will be 3D printed and held in place with sika...it is easy to see this fault on the lighter coloured cars...once I have made a proper pattern I will again post on here... (y) View attachment 7830469
Fantastic Max... yes stands out on the white cars, can I put in an order now please?... missus reminds me of this every time she sees it. Yes I know... but... 😁

Reactions: Max

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Not that I have received my truck yet, but it will drive me nuts if it's noticeable. As I have asked others, please share the stl file should decide to 3d print. Thanks!

Reactions: Max

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Fantastic Max... yes stands out on the white cars, can I put in an order now please?... missus reminds me of this every time she sees it. Yes I know... but... 😁
Your wife has a keen eye...I was very conscious of the top of the cover lining up with the track above it and I still think I could take a thou off the paint on the wheel arch side...splitting hairs is in my nature...I will keep on it... (y)
Not that I have received my truck yet, but it will drive me nuts if it's noticeable. As I have asked others, please share the stl file should decide to 3d print. Thanks!
Look at the photos posted and there it is...sorry Krabby it is noticeable...look at the light coloured(y)

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The little lug I pointed out may be the issue and should have been a little deeper and touching the cavity as it moves back into it...anyway we have what we have...on to it(y)

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Your wife has a keen eye...I was very conscious of the top of the cover lining up with the track above it and I still think I could take a thou off the paint on the wheel arch side...splitting hairs is in my nature...I will keep on it... (y)

Look at the photos posted and there it is...sorry Krabby it is noticeable...look at the light coloured(y)
fuel cap.jpg
I'm yet to find one that lines up properly... all made of plastic including the hinge from memory and with the weight it just... shall we say.. droops... no adjustment available that I can see - go Max.... 😎

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Couldn't you just glue a neodymium magnet on the inside of the flap?
I'm sure the body of the car is magnetic :)

Back
Top Bottom