The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:22 AM
Reaction score
Couldn't you just glue a neodymium magnet on the inside of the flap?
I'm sure the body of the car is magnetic :)
I would be interested in your experiment...Yes, the mudguard is steel and the top left corner of the cover is your go-to spot...to fix a magnet I used Wurth double sided tape which is used in the auto industry to adhere rearview mirrors to windscreens but you would need something more permanent...it is fiddly to get the right gap but achievable with spacers or having the magnet stuck exactly in the right spot...not easy...I am inclined to follow my wedge idea...not so many variables and it will be out of sight...hopefully 3D printed black plastic (y)

Rab

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:22 AM
Reaction score
Or, just get over it. There’s more to life than staring at your filler cap cover.
:ROFLMAO:

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:22 PM
Reaction score
Couldn't you just glue a neodymium magnet on the inside of the flap?
I'm sure the body of the car is magnetic :)
…that would work, but it will fairly quickly grind the paint off with vibration I suspect. Normal road and track grime, plus neodymium will not let go of any ferrous grit.

Reactions: Max

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
A bit more wading today with a lesson at the end; be wary of what is in the water as well as the water itself!

Stalks.jpg

There is a lot of plant stalks between the grill and the radiators, so I will need to take the front apart to clean everything out. Not one of my smarter moves and one I probably won't repeat!

View: https://youtu.be/ophjXb0Wbj8

Last edited:

minidok

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:22 AM
Reaction score

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
This might help for then body parts;
Video below:
Thanks, it does help, (to remind myself not to start a job at twilight!)

Local time
7:22 PM
Reaction score
A bit more wading today with a lesson at the end; be wary of what is in the water as well as the water itself!

View attachment 7830571

There is a lot of plant stalks between the grill and the radiators, so I will need to take the front apart to clean everything out. Not one of my smarter moves and one I probably won't repeat!

Not to mention what the water has done to the road/ground which is now coverd by the water. What is the sticker bottom left of your windscreen?

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Not to mention what the water has done to the road/ground which is now coverd by the water. What is the sticker bottom left of your windscreen?
The Yellow/Orange one? I am a member of the local 4x4 Response group, (responder, trustee and treasurer), Leicestershire & Rutland 4x4 Response. This is a charity providing logistical support to emergency services and local authorities in the event of inclement weather and other mishaps. During floods we assist the flood wardens with assessing levels and placing road closed signage where required.

That road is part of my usual drive to the office - it is metalled and straight between the posts, flood water tends to pool there and there is no discernible current, hence the stalks. The biggest hazard there is abandoned floating cars! The water is much lower today.

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Fitted the LeTech folding winch bumper cover - an easy 15 minute job. LeTech supply detailed fitting instructions and the requisite TÜV certificate for insurance company notification purposes. End result so much better and conducive to using the winch without fear of losing the cover or screws!

1698318848071.png

1698318903459.png

1698318946912.png

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That’s exactly one of the reasons I made these grilles - what a job you have ahead of you. Unfortunately these days cooling systems have little in reserve when conditions aren‘t the best, so have got to be kept as clean as possible.

That’s exactly one of the reasons I made these screens to fit mine.
very neat work - and great thinking; a couple of questions about them…
have you had enough hot weather/working hard terrain to judge if the airflow is ok?
are they remove and clean?
did you add or change the three lower ones?

On a Recent long country drive I was kind of pleased to see how many insects there were compared to other years, but there was a lot of splatter!

Bobby Mac

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

View attachment 7830571

That’s exactly one of the reasons I made these grille screens for mine - so much work to pull all that apart and clean it out, and between the radiator fins too. Here in Oz we get heavy insect infestations too which can either block the radiator immediately, or cause a build up over time. The radiators of today have so little reserve built in, it is essential to keep them as clean as possible.

Attachments

• IMG_5181.jpeg
    IMG_5181.jpeg
    376.4 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:

Bobby Mac

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
very neat work - and great thinking; a couple of questions about them…
have you had enough hot weather/working hard terrain to judge if the airflow is ok?
are they remove and clean?
did you add or change the three lower ones?

On a Recent long country drive I was kind of pleased to see how many insects there were compared to other years, but there was a lot of splatter!
Have taken it for a run - long drag up a range in 32°C heat - made no difference. Bottom ones are mounted over existing - top one removed easily by hand (no tools required) with 30 secs.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:22 AM
Reaction score
I am now at my dealer Hedin in Belgium. About one month ago I made the appointment for the software update and some recall work.

Two days ago they called me to tell me the spares for the recall work didn't arrive.

At the end of the conversation I asked the guy if I should bring my two keys for the software update. "Yes" he said, "otherwise the remote control will not work, but it isn't critical because you can still use the key manually" 🫣

Would he have told me to bring the key? Certainly not, he called me for cancelling the recall work and I only knew "the second key issue" because of this forum.

Wondering how long it will take for that update.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am now at my dealer Hedin in Belgium. About one month ago I made the appointment for the software update and some recall work.

Two days ago they called me to tell me the spares for the recall work didn't arrive.

At the end of the conversation I asked the guy if I should bring my two keys for the software update. "Yes" he said, "otherwise the remote control will not work, but it isn't critical because you can still use the key manually" 🫣

Would he have told me to bring the key? Certainly not, he called me for cancelling the recall work and I only knew "the second key issue" because of this forum.

Wondering how long it will take for that update.
Maybe I'm wrong Jean but I would say 2 out of 10 owners would automatically take the 2nd key along, probably those that have already had relatively new cars and needed software updates or some similar scenario.

Poor from your agent again. Should be one of the first things on his checklist while phoning you.

Viva this forum and all the arse ache it saves us.....🎉 tks @Stu_Barnes

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom