The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:25 PM
Reaction score
Here’s a little video of my visit over the weekend to the historic silver mining town of Yerranderie.

View: https://youtu.be/7m4GimXBfoM?si=3YANbBsOOMz2qALg
Fantastic...and what a bonus to be the Great-grandson and to be able to walk on the same grounds as the old fella...when at Central Station loggers village on Fraser a few weeks ago I was emotional just reading of their trials let alone having a relation there...brilliant...the Grenadier I believe is the real thing...happy motoring (y)

Michael H.

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
6:25 AM
Reaction score
Fantastic...and what a bonus to be the Great-grandson and to be able to walk on the same grounds as the old fella...when at Central Station loggers village on Fraser a few weeks ago I was emotional just reading of their trials let alone having a relation there...brilliant...the Grenadier I believe is the real thing...happy motoring (y)

Thanks, @Max. 🙂

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:25 PM
Reaction score
This morning my Gren received a high pressure wash.. at 10:00 am the side runners will be attached. Also due to fall a lot of maple leaves on the bonnet leaving nasty stains. - got all this removed. Nasty part.. the panic alarm, - not paying enough attention when tiering shoes and keys in my pocket the panic alarm started. Need to run to the car and open it / put it in to cease. This is annoying. Same issue with Disco once in a while. Perhaps I disable the button..

Reactions: Max

WhiteBear

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
… Nasty part.. the panic alarm, - not paying enough attention when tiering shoes and keys in my pocket the panic alarm started. Need to run to the car and open it / put it in to cease. This is annoying. Same issue with Disco once in a while. Perhaps I disable the button..
When you have the Panic Button disabled, let us know how you did it.

Hannes01

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Great.
i sit here and wait for a call from K&E that registration of my G is finished.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So, back at home, both siderunner and rear table mounted. Vehicle now complete. Next steps will be adding USB ports, dash cam, lighting
Did a stop at the bakers store on my way home.. there was a familiar JLR Discovery that is owned by the local count.. living in same town, he parked quite near to me and had a close look at my Grenadier..

NoAge Hunter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just installed the Frontrunner Slimline II 3/4 today. Good stuff from my point of view. Well, you need at least one buddy to help you …..because of the weight of the rack and high of the car …..and maybe because I am getting old 😂😂.

I really like that the safari windows are not covered by the rack and still having nearly 2 m loading length on top.
The system for 8mm Standard screws in the rail is easy and convenient. Liked that always.
I have the feeling that the black powder coating is rather weak - but time will tell.

Next Steps:
-Gordi Gear awning and the corresponding tent.
-small awning for the back (since there is the „kitchen“

And I am really locking for an equipment that holds an IPad Pro safe and „shake free“. Well, I will find one….

Attachments

• IMG_2069.jpeg
    IMG_2069.jpeg
    498.2 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_2068.jpeg
    IMG_2068.jpeg
    469.1 KB · Views: 141

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Great.
i sit here and wait for a call from K&E that registration of my G is finished.
I feel sorry for you.. understand that this is a nasty situation. I had a chat with Mr Anselment this morning.. but I am really curious what was the reason / root cause at Ineos that caused all this impact and delay to your delivery.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Grenadier Summit 2023 Benelux...... The aftermath
I also did some cleaning today, because of that summit, but I didn't remove the carpets.
:p

I also removed the rear left trim panel (second time, first time was here), because I have some water infiltration: I discovered quite some water below the hydraulic jack, and I want to search myself the cause, otherwise my dealer will keep my car and give me a Mercedes replacement car, and I don't like it.
See the picture:
20231029_162122 water infiltration rear.jpg

If it doesn't rain too much I will begin dismounting the underseat right side trim panel (see the fantastic explanation of @DCPU here), because I did buy an ARB CKMA12 compressor and want to install it.

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:25 PM
Reaction score
For my birthday on the 30th, my wife secured a pre-approved vehicle loan from Navy Federal, so one less thing to worry about. It has a 90 day window, so I guess there's that to consider, but my Grenadier is on the Morning Chant, due in port at Port Hueneme on November 6, 2023. I'm thinking mid to late December delivery is on track, as has been previously speculated ad nauseum for the first USA deliveries.

Last night, I bought the Eibach lift springs (Grenadier with winch) off a website that I hope delivers. They were the least expensive I found, and after I had completed the purchase, I saw Yelp reviews of the site from the two extremes. One camp was that it's a scam and they don't deliver, don't communicate, etc. The other was that the bad reviews were from competitors trying to harm their business and that the deliveries, while sometimes delayed, came through fine. Their Google reviews were, however, mostly positive. We'll see. Armageddon Turbo in Albuquerque, NM, of anyone has had any experience with them, please let me know.

Also, received my AAWireless dongle from Amazon yesterday. It's smaller than the pictures on Amazon had me believing it would be. Maybe they should photograph it with a banana for scale.

Today, I was looking at the nearest Costco to the dealership and considering buying BFG 295x70x17 KO2 tires immediately upon delivery of my G, before I even leave town to head home. Anyone think that 5 265's won't fit in the back of a Grenadier? I'm thinking they would. I plan to sell them. I don't recall who, someone in the UK put on 295s and said that under normal road use, there was no rubbing. Of course, I'll have the lift springs in before going "wheeling".

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:25 PM
Reaction score
I can confirm they do, seats folded down
Thanks! I had the discussion with my wife of my plan to buy new tires (tyres) upon delivery and explained it would be easier to sell them with minimal miles rather than driving home nearly 900 miles before swapping them out, and she agreed.

So, at her request to wait until we know the exact price of the G, I just have to wait a bit longer to get the Grenadier before adding a few thousand CHF to Thomas' @Black Sheep bank account with my purchase of a light bar, molle panels, side carrier mount, Maxtrax mounts and a CTEK mount.

Then, I think all I'll have left to get will be the LeTech jerry can ladder, ARB air compressor and Indeflate setup.

Back
Top Bottom