The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

Lollo050968

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:20 AM
Reaction score
Perfect! The jerry can are included at Black Sheep? I see on the HP the holder, but not the jerry can/Kanister.

Andiamo

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:20 AM
Reaction score
I continued to build on my Grenadier. Now he is ready for several days of travel.
How is your iKamper mounted to the roof rack? I have one and am looking for options for when our G is delivered.

MarkusN

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
How is your iKamper mounted to the roof rack? I have one and am looking for options for when our G is delivered.

Hi Andiamo
This roof rack from "BlackSheep" is specially designed for roof tents and rests directly on the roof rails of the Grenadier.
On the front and rear cross profile it has two stainless steel mounts each, which is laterally slidable.
The iKamper is mounted with 4 screws (M8) directly on these elements.

vandrarhenrik

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The build is almost ready, need the aisle for the dog. Clevershade 270 awning, Alucab RTT, Yakima 26 liter watertank. I mainly do overlanding not technicaloffroad. Took my Grenny for a trip to Dalarna, Sweden, to my cabin. This is all I need.

Attachments

• 20231017_143028.jpg
    20231017_143028.jpg
    595.3 KB · Views: 174
  • 20231017_142717.jpg
    20231017_142717.jpg
    242.3 KB · Views: 166
  • 20231014_161624.jpg
    20231014_161624.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 170
  • 20231014_161642.jpg
    20231014_161642.jpg
    264.3 KB · Views: 204

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Trip out to see a new client, Melton Mowbray to Oxford and return, say 145 miles. No dramas, although I still have water sloshing around in my footwell; with the mats and the moulded flooring up, I can see the ebb and flow!

Saw a Donny gray Grenadier heading north on the A43 not far from the M40, I waved but I don't think they saw me.

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Fraser[K'Gari]Island

A flash trip to Fraser the world's largest sand island...Sunday boarded the barge at River Heads north of Maryborough Queensland Aus... landed at Waanggoolba Creek and traveled to our accommodation at King Fisher Bay which is nestled into Banksia-filled flora and fauna oasis...some 30klms north taking in the diverse environments on the way...the spectacular, like what is going on here, reception and eating areas[pic] are under the domed blue roofing[pic]that just seems to fit in, don't know why maybe the shape is sympothetic to the surrounds...Throughout the island the tracks are all sand and quite challenging from walking speed to the limited 30kph...it took us just on an hour to reach Kingfisher...lunch and back on track to the magical Lake McKenzie[pic]...they claim the water takes 100years to filter into it, a tourist on the barge told me that, love it...crystal clear with virtually the blue sky reflection...back to base...lovely room and a stroll on a boardwalk to dinner and drinks...morning back on track to the eastern beaches driving through some fantastic scenery to Cornwells camping area and then down the beach for 6klms to Eurong...quite an interesting drive with the tide not being in our favour we had some areas of sand up against the dunes quite wet and firm from seepage but you have to watch for the washouts that can be quite a sharp drop of 300mm or so...then back to the ocean side where you are up and down caused by the wave action carving out the sand or in the middle where the sand was soft and less challenging but more throttle...reach Eurong now back towards the centre of the island for lunch at Central Station which was home for the loggers and their families some 100years ago...company policy was to hire working men with family...homes and a school, workshops and garages, blacksmth, stables, and yards for the bullucks and horse that pulled the logs and trailers to the creek that we landed at...some of the original buildings are still intact after restoration...the Station is just a magic place with a variety of trees and fauna flora in general...the Staghorns Ferns[pic]are growing on the trunks of any tree that has a bark that will house the spores floating in the breeze...natives to SE Qld and northern NSW...chilled out for lunch and answered questions from the tourists that flock there...we must have look local but we were targets because our lunch seating was quite close to an information board and who can't pick an Aussie acsent...my wife and I had not been there before, after going to Fraser in the 70's at least one or two times a year it has taken us 43 years to get back to Fraser and to Central Station wow what a spot...back to base now to freshen up and prepare for dinner...all up, that round trip was roughly 55 to 60klms and roughly 2 hours traveling time...next morning, Tuesday checkout by 10am back to the creek inflate the tyres and on the barge...allround trip 570 klms with 420klms on bitumen 5hrs and 150klms on sand 5hrs...all the sand driving techniques flowed back fairly quickly but the Gren and the diesel backed by the auto box made it seamless except where I failed and bottomed out the front end showering the car with sand and leaving a war wound on the bash plate...didn't want to be late for the barge...no excuse just dropped a little too deep whitout notice...not watching close enough is the right answer...but the Gren just soaked it up and smoothed out the whole thing...overall the Gren was the winner and gave us a lot of pleasure...happy motoring (y)

Attachments

• IMG_6588.jpg
    IMG_6588.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_6574.jpg
    IMG_6574.jpg
    312.1 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_6558.jpg
    IMG_6558.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_6561.jpg
    IMG_6561.jpg
    230.3 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_6576.jpg
    IMG_6576.jpg
    225.2 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_6560.jpg
    IMG_6560.jpg
    243.1 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_6553.jpg
    IMG_6553.jpg
    330.2 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_6554.jpg
    IMG_6554.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
Local time
2:20 PM
Reaction score
The build is almost ready, need the aisle for the dog. Clevershade 270 awning, Alucab RTT, Yakima 26 liter watertank. I mainly do overlanding not technicaloffroad. Took my Grenny for a trip to Dalarna, Sweden, to my cabin. This is all I need.
Nice set up, will be looking at the same in the future as we also have a dog who will travel with us.

Pat

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
That's serious stuff 🫶. Very well done. Love the trunk set up.

Fidei Defensor

Contract Signed
Local time
Reaction score
I remember when there was a Phantom F4 which came from Danmark.

He made a very, very low approach. I guess it was 60 or 70 feet AGL at most. We saw him coming down the runway almost silently. But as airshow lunatics we knew what was coming ...

When he was at our level, an all of a sudden huge sonic wave thundered around our ears. And almost blew us away. It had approached just below the supersonic limit, and anyone who wasn't prepared for it was almost swept away. Won-der-ful!

At the end of the runway, he finally put the thing on the spike and turned on the afterburners. WOW!

It then went straight up, got faster and faster, smaller and quieter, and then just disappeared. Gone, no more silhouette, no sound, nothing, silence.

But they had switched the radio to the PA system, so everyone could listen in on the radio traffic. The pilot gave his last message: "At 55,000 ft now, going back to Danmark. Thank you and good bye!" Fiftyfivethousand feet. In less then two minutes. BANG!

By then he was already long out of sight.

I'll never forget that.

This aircraft type was already about 50 (!!) years old at that time. What a magnificent performance.

For me, the F4 is THE fighter aircraft of all time. The first flight was in 1958, when I was just one year old. Simply grandiose.
I hate to top that story, but when I was working in Norway, our base was right by the runway of Stavanger airport (which is mixed military/civilian). And an SR-71 Blackbird had a emergency and landed there in 1987 (an earlier Blackbird emergency, in 1981, landed in Bodo, which has a longer runway, but I guess they need to get on the ground immediately!). Next day, a couple of C17s arrived and parked, blocking our direct view, and technicians swarmed all over it, working on the engines. After a day, the Blackbird was fixed and took off, circled out over the sea, made a couple of circuits and then came in straight along the runway at a couple of hundred feet. Half way along it went vertical and disappeared straight up, just like your Phantom. But I guarantee, the noise and shock wave was way bigger!
Every person working in our facility was at the fence to the airport and we were almost flattened! (My first love was aviation and was going to study aeronautical engineering at Queens in Belfast, but sadly because there were only two students in my intake wanting to do it, they dropped it, so I ended up doing EE. Nearly joined the RAF, but ended up travelling the world with a French oil service company. But never lost my love of aviation. Needless to say, this was the high point of my "aviation" experience. apart from a couple of helicopter crashes....... ;) )

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:20 AM
Reaction score
Back from my dealer, rockstars as always .
New windscreen and new seals fitted .
Protective film for the screen also applied .
Protective film for the door seals .
New rear right parking sensor
Red accents for the read door and the bonnet
Software update ( outside temperature is not gone is just hidden in the menu you can get it back if you want )
Wax underbody protection for the winter .

All my extras also arrived : winch kit and shovel.

New warning unlocked : adblue reserve .

I have to say i missed the Gren . Onto the next adventure.

Kinda miss the bongs and dings now but i think i will get used to it :)

Attachments

• IMG_7566.jpeg
    IMG_7566.jpeg
    135.4 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_7567.jpeg
    IMG_7567.jpeg
    142.6 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_7568.jpeg
    IMG_7568.jpeg
    138.8 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_7569.jpeg
    IMG_7569.jpeg
    163.2 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_7570.jpeg
    IMG_7570.jpeg
    136 KB · Views: 161

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Back from my dealer, rockstars as always .
New windscreen and new seals fitted .
Protective film for the screen also applied .
Protective film for the door seals .
New rear right parking sensor
Red accents for the read door and the bonnet
Software update ( outside temperature is not gone is just hidden in the menu you can get it back if you want )
Wax underbody protection for the winter .

All my extras also arrived : winch kit and shovel.

New warning unlocked : adblue reserve .

I have to say i missed the Gren . Onto the next adventure.

Kinda miss the bongs and dings now but i think i will get used to it :)
Nice. Who is your dealer Tinki?

Reactions: PBD

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Today I discovered this.... I thought it was just a broken casting point or something... Maybe it is, however it works for my fuel cap.
mine must be broken as well then...:)

Reactions: PBD

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Today I discovered this.... I thought it was just a broken casting point or something... Maybe it is, however it works for my fuel cap.
The AdBlue cap fits there too!

Maybe there is something in this design stuff!

Back
Top Bottom