The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:42 AM
Reaction score
Mine were not loose, but were very easy to remove, I have to admit, too easy! But at least, I didn't damage them, unable to do that! ;)
Were they possibly too easy to remove because someone has taken a Dremel to the prongs like mine or are yours in perfect condition like @rovies?

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:42 PM
Reaction score
I think everyone is expecting the NATO socket to be switched via the 500A high load switch also used for the front winch; but the switch is not part of the winch supply. So I have the switch without the winch.
ah yes just read the thread and your comment:

NATO Socket
Can you explain what software is required, what purpose it serves, and how it is integrated into the wiring of the NATO socket?

Do you recall if anyone actually has power to the Nato socket? I'll email my dealer as who knows what will happen here as I've ordered the 'roo-bar' that's installed by the dealer.... I then suspect so will the winch rather than the factory??

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
ah yes just read the thread and your comment:

NATO Socket
Can you explain what software is required, what purpose it serves, and how it is integrated into the wiring of the NATO socket?

Do you recall if anyone actually has power to the Nato socket?
From other posts on this forum, it seems that those with the winch fitted also have power to their NATO socket. This issue seems to be specific to those who do not have the front winch.

It's almost like the front winch has to be energised before power is sent to the NATO socket. Probably software written by the same bod who configured the front diff lock needs the rear locked first...

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:42 PM
Reaction score
Were they possibly too easy to remove because someone has taken a Dremel to the prongs like mine or are yours in perfect condition like @rovies?
All six can be removed easily with my "nails", and are undamaged, I tried both sides now again. (6 pieces undamaged).

Local time
Reaction score
I think everyone is expecting the NATO socket to be switched via the 500A high load switch also used for the front winch; but the switch is not part of the winch supply. So I have the switch without the winch.
The NATO is powered when the engine is running in P,D, N and the 500A switch is closed it would be better if you could just have the NATO socket energised with out the engine running I can see why they have done it to protect the parking pawl when winching with either winch but it would be so useful to be able to just take power from it.
I have fed this back to Ineos (not customer services)

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
last holiday trip through Belgium/Netherlands our X3 with the B57 took 6,7 l / 100 km carrying a roofbox and avg. speed of maybe 110 km/h (same speed as @nd in the G), so below 10 l / 100 km in the G seem doable.
But not at a average speed of 110 km/h.
My one will be good over 11 litres when driven at exactly 120 (which is 116 in gps speed…)

JOB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
What did I do with my Gren? COLLECT IT! :)
Congratulations, thoughts and impressions eagerly awaited. Annoyingly, ours is still sat at the dealership amid the invoicing fiasco.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Today I laid under the car to remove the gravel from inside the plates (better called collecting pan) under the tank. When moving over a hill of loose gravel this pan filled from the front and shovelled the gravel into the skid plate.
I don’t understand why they bent only the front and sides upwards to skid over obstacles, but let the corners open to collect the sh..t
🤷‍♂️
And no, it was not necessary to drive over the gravel heap!

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:42 AM
Reaction score
Today I laid under the car to remove the gravel from inside the plates (better called collecting pan) under the tank. When moving over a hill of loose gravel this pan filled from the front and shovelled the gravel into the skid plate.
I don’t understand why they bent only the front and sides upwards to skid over obstacles, but let the corners open to collect the sh..t
🤷‍♂️
Maybe the aftermarket will create a solution if it proves to be a continuous problem for people.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Maybe the aftermarket will create a solution if it proves to be a continuous problem for people.
To be fair, the skid plate is attached with 8 (or so) big screws. It would be easy to demount the „pan“ to clean it.

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:42 PM
Reaction score
View attachment 7813513
I guess that this metal pipe running parallel with the front bumper is also cooling liquid, look at the yellow marks, there are clips there. It ends in a rubber tube at the left side (staying in front of the car), that's why I think it is cooling liquid (I am no a car mechanic). I am also concerned about the thick rubber coolant hose: too loose in my opinion, but it is perhaps this one from which the removed the clips before delivery (I didn't check)
Did we find out if these clips behind the radiator and which appear to be cut off is the norm?

Local time
Reaction score
In similar fashion to Nomad, can now confirm that yesterday, i took delivery of my Grenadier: Donny Grey, Diesel, Trialmaster, winch, side runners, privacy glass, safari windows, Tow ball .

First impression is that it is built incredibly solid (tank like) but the electronics are still far from perfect (part of screen for radio etc went blank yesterday but came back on after i restarted).

The first drive was about 100 km (back from dealer) but mainly highway. With regards to steering, although it felt a bit odd when you take your first roundabout, within a few minutes it feels natural and becomes a non-issue. For me, it may even become a small quirk that makes the grenadier even more special.

Overall, truly love the car and the only area which is potentially a bit of negative is the large turning circle. i.e don't take it in an underground parking garage (never intend to do that anyway). As for the electronics, yes, would like it to work smoothly but in reality if the speedometer, temperature gauge, fuel level and fuel range works, i don't really care if the rest stays a blank screen.

P.S. have been told by the dealer that my Trialmaster jacket has been ordered but not received yet.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just had another drive - all as should be. Steering fine, footrest - well there is no ignoring it. BUILT ON PURPOSE.

Stopped off and took some more pictures. Just a couple here, you may get fed up of me taking pictures (was interesting looking under the bonnet last night to find spot the country of origin...:Grenadier-Day 2 - 26.jpegGrenadier-Day 2 - 24.jpegGrenadier-Day 2 - 14.jpeg

Wayneos

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:42 PM
Reaction score

Deepblue

#00274 - Swiss Vehicle (SD1-1/63)
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
🤷‍♂️
Have made exactly the same experience. Had broad a load of stones and dirt with me. Am wondering of a way to easier access the area e.g. by driving onto some ramps. Have no experience but found some nice ideas:

Back
Top Bottom