The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
10:40 AM
Reaction score
Sometimes , when she's tired after a hike or the Gren is tilted away , Her Indoors finds it a little tough to embark.
So a couple of days ago I made her a little stirrup from stuff lying around. Plus a couple of quality exhaust U clamps from a tractor place. The copper nuts provide extra grip.
Installed it this morning on our island off an island - Bruny - and we went for a hike. Lovely day for it!
Ingredients for the step:
U bolts
5mm Aluminium plate, Just the width I had lying around. Could be 3-4cm wider I guess.
Aluminium moulding so she doesn't bark herself on the adge
Gorilla Grip grip tape - on the step , and on the slider tube.
Etch primer and topcoat. I'll put grip tape on the moulding sometime.

One small step for a man , one small step for womankind!

20240403_172209.jpg
20240405_103254.jpg
20240405_114716.jpg

20240405_124239.jpg

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:40 AM
Reaction score

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:40 PM
Reaction score
Sometimes , when she's tired after a hike or the Gren is tilted away , Her Indoors finds it a little tough to embark.
So a couple of days ago I made her a little stirrup from stuff lying around. Plus a couple of quality exhaust U clamps from a tractor place. The copper nuts provide extra grip.
Installed it this morning on our island off an island - Bruny - and we went for a hike. Lovely day for it!
Ingredients for the step:
U bolts
5mm Aluminium plate, Just the width I had lying around. Could be 3-4cm wider I guess.
Aluminium moulding so she doesn't bark herself on the adge
Gorilla Grip grip tape - on the step , and on the slider tube.
Etch primer and topcoat. I'll put grip tape on the moulding sometime.

One small step for a man , one small step for womankind!

View attachment 7851711
View attachment 7851712
View attachment 7851713

View attachment 7851714
My wife has thanked me every drive, for the steps in the Buzz sliders :)

jert

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:40 AM
Reaction score
Mounted the existing RAM mount to the center console to keep my phone from flying around. Just 2 longer bolts + some rubber damping.

Attachments

• IMG_5448.jpeg
    IMG_5448.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 81
  • IMG_5449.jpeg
    IMG_5449.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 79
  • IMG_5450.jpeg
    IMG_5450.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 79

bbq4133

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My bonus (for 2023 lol) finally hit today and so I scratched some items off my to do/buy list:
  • scheduled the checker plate install with RDS
  • pre-ordered skid plates from rival
  • grabbed a collapsible sink, water jug, and a solar panel from REI

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:40 AM
Reaction score
What do you do when you drive some 25 km on a nice rock track in the mountains between Valencia and Zarragoza in Spain, and when you finally reach the exit, and a big metal chain blocks the road?
WhatsApp Image 2024-04-05 at 16.34.36_dc2ac9ea.jpg

When I almost finished my 4X4 exercise, a beekeeper arrived, with a key to open the chain and said: pity I did arrive a little bit late :ROFLMAO: .

He was surprised I didn't have a barrier or chain when I begun the track, but ...
then he explained why the chain: to avoid illegal night hunting and truffles stealing!
He also explained that because of the drought, he had 4 bad honey years and one good one (average) but that he loved his job.
He was also impressed by my Chinese car, didn't think I would make it! :unsure:
I explained that it was NOT Chinese.
WhatsApp Image 2024-04-05 at 16.35.47_14282f13.jpg

He also noticed that my petrol "door" or "cover" was open! :eek:

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Chains and gates are a growing nightmare.
Last weekend we did a day trip up through a number of old forestry trails I’ve done a number of times. Lots of mud and slippery from recent rain so other than lots of clean up time a great day out.
But when we got there we could only do about 20% of what I’d done in the past. Most of the side tracks, and all of the fun ones, had been gated up with private property keep out signs. This is in state forest - the people own this.
You could once duck across back to the Sunshine Coast via side tracks. Not anymore,
Which meant a fair bit of backtracking to get to where I wanted to go.
But hey, I got to use the little stick (a real stick and not a button - whoo hoo) and slide about without any damage, so it was a good day, with a great bakery and coffee at the end of it. Life is still good.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Chains and gates are a growing nightmare.
Last weekend we did a day trip up through a number of old forestry trails I’ve done a number of times. Lots of mud and slippery from recent rain so other than lots of clean up time a great day out.
But when we got there we could only do about 20% of what I’d done in the past. Most of the side tracks, and all of the fun ones, had been gated up with private
In Scotland you have the "right to roam" but it is only, walking, horse riding, mountain biking and canoeing. Including wild camping. But vehicles are not allowed access rights and most forest tracks are gated or have " no vehicle" signs.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I had the first service carried out after exactly one year with approx. 12500 km. All oils and filters were changed. I already had the engine oil changed once after my trip to the UK in August last year (approx. 6000 km). Nothing conspicuous was recognised (hoses or cables were in the holders, nothing has rubbed, nothing was torn off, although I sometimes had the feeling that branches had become wedged under the vehicle when driving off-road).
Also, my transfer case was dipped (it was a recall). In this context, I asked my garage about the pin on the lever, which has probably fallen out on some vehicles (see notes here in the forum). Supposedly it would be OK on my vehicle. My garage has never had such a case. They looked at the situation in detail on a dismantled gearbox, which they just had there. It was just important to me that they documented my tip, just in case.
And yes, @Cheshire cat , it really does shift even better than the previous one. Although I didn't really have any problems there either, as I always moved the vehicle very slowly when changing gear.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Brought a satisfying measure of order to the rear loadspace before Iggy goes into a container on Wednesday this week.

View attachment 7851830
Safe travels for both the car and its occupants. It should be a great trip. If I did not have my own Grenadier I might be envious. :)

My fitout at ORS is 2 weeks away, which worked in my favour as I altered the build slightly with deeper drawers and larger water tank. :)

Last edited:

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Safe travels for both the car and its occupants. It should be a great rip. If I did not have my own Grenadier I might be envious. :)

My fitout at ORS is 2 weeks away, which worked in my favour as I altered the build slightly with deeper drawers and larger water tank. :)
Thank you, Michael!

I’m not sure what dimensions your drawers have ended up at, but I was pleased to find the ‘Dune’ branded canvas storage bags from Anaconda jenga in quite nicely (200mm wide versus our drawer which is just over 400mm x 240mm deep)… a place for everything etc etc.

RobP

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I bought the Rhino roof bars and kayak mount a few weeks ago from my dealer. First outing of the season in the yak tomorrow so I got it secured today. What a PIA to get it on the roof. Can't wait for my Milliken steps to arrive! 20240406_150201.jpg

SBA

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Put it to work and moved my Classic VW 1960 to the workshop to be finished used a Race 7 Brian Wiliams Trailer and the IG just pulled like a train.

Attachments

• IMG_5249.jpg
    IMG_5249.jpg
    643.3 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_5248.jpg
    IMG_5248.jpg
    840 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_5247.jpg
    IMG_5247.jpg
    933 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_5246.jpg
    IMG_5246.jpg
    982 KB · Views: 31

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Today Maria and I went to the National Outdoor Expo at the NEC, with free tickets from Ineos Automotive. Still an expensive place to go as we bought a posh waterproof coat for Maria and some collapsible stools.

I'm not sure that Ineos marketing has really worked out what to do with Grenadier owners, the invitation talked about having a test drive and a good look around the Station wagon and the Quartermaster. Anyway, some pictures:

View attachment 7849483
View attachment 7849485View attachment 7849486

Latitude, the roof tent people had a stand with a Grenadier fitted with a MaxTraxx kitchen insert; lovely but pricey.

View attachment 7849487

View attachment 7849489
View attachment 7849490View attachment 7849491
Always LOVE seeing another Queen's Red 😻

Back
Top Bottom