The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:00 PM
Reaction score
As announced, my comparison between my Trialmaster diesel and the Fieldmaster gasoline engine.
I drove another hundred kilometers. And not in creep speed and downhill. I also accelerated properly. You notice even more acceleration than with the diesel. The average consumption was displayed at 14.0 liters. With my diesel, I average 11.6 liters per 100 km. When I drive the gasoline engine the way I do with my diesel, I hardly notice any difference. If you like to drive fast, then the petrol engine has more esprit.
I don't notice the somewhat rougher running of my diesel at 1800-2000 rpm (natural frequency) with the gasoline engine. But even with my diesel, this has improved significantly after 10k km.
The gasoline engine runs more smoothly. I noticed this in the forest when I let it run at idle speed.
The driving and wind noise is stronger with Safari windows compared to mine without windows, but not disturbing.
As expected, the Fieldmaster's road tires are quieter than my BFG.
As with my Grenadier, the heating and climate control system works well for the most part. It's not just hot and cold. However, as we know, it reacts with a time delay.
The radio receiver is also comparable to my vehicle. I tuned into a DAB station that was clearly audible over the 300 km. There were brief interruptions in a few places. But not a problem for me.
For vehicles that have significant problems in this regard, I recommend checking the receiver's ground point under the right-hand trim in the trunk. I know that there are problems here in some vehicles.
Neither vehicle displayed any error messages or warning tones.
All in all, I can say that I have chosen the right vehicle for my purposes (Trialmaster with rough package). However, I am also often out and about on unpaved terrain (woods and fields).
I can only recommend everyone to drive both the diesel and the gasoline engine before buying and to decide according to their individual needs. Both are excellent engines that are fun to drive.
I agree with your comments and had a similar feeling with the spirit of the petrol engine but it doesn't have the torque and has to change up and down the gears more to maintain speed than the Diesel...towing would frustrate me but having said that the gearbox is seamless and you don't feel the change that much but you hear the engine revs ...a zippy little motor/donk but missing that pull from a diesel that I have become so used to...the ZF is beefed up for the B57 for a reason (y)

Ovrland Bill

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
10:00 AM
Reaction score
Quick ride to Portland ME today. Was going to stop for an impromptu photo shoot but felt I should get back to the dogs...good thing I did as my foster dog did this to a set of steps for my female dog who has a hard time jumping on the bed.View attachment 7850999
But Thank You for fostering, it’s such an import opportunity for the dog.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:00 AM
Reaction score
FIRE EXTINGUISHER NO: 2
I fitted the second fire extinguisher today, behind the cargo barrier (extinguisher No. 1 is in front the barrier). The Quick Fist 44-63MM rubber clamp was not big enough to secure the extinguisher, so I had to MacGyver the clamp to make it fit. The advantage of a rubber clamp is that it grips the extinguisher nicely, even when you trim out the internal fins of the clamp. A sharp chisel helped the removal of the rubber fins.

The larger Quick Fist had two bolts, so there was no need to use ties this time. One clamp was enough.
IMG_8893.jpg

IMG_8895.jpg

REAR GARBAGE BAG
I also did a test fitting of the rear trash bag. I worked out how to fit it without securing all the straps, so the bag looks a little loose.

IMG_8892.jpg

EDIT:
FIRE EXTINGUISHER NO: 1
I realised I never posted the install of fire extinguisher No. 1.

Quick Fist make a variety of rubber clamps which can attach items to your cargo barrier or rear roof shelf. I used the 25-45mm version to affix the Firestryker fire extinguisher behind the driver’s seat.

I bought some small metal plates from the hardware (plate size varies depending on the clamp used), covered them in black fabric tape and used it to attach two rubber clamps to the cargo barrier.

The black fabric tape makes the metal plates hard to see and cushions the plates to protect the paint and the fabric stops any rattles with the cargo barrier. The 25-45mm clamp uses a single bolt to attach. However, there is hole in the bottom and the top of the Quick Fist clamp, where The Doc used black zip ties, so the clamp was secured in 3 locations. Black fabric tape was placed over the back to tidy up the look, after the image was taken.
Fire Ex  - 0004.jpg
Fire Ex  - 0003.jpg

Last edited:

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
In the heat and general panic , remember to be gentle ;)
sw.jpg

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Or just a problem with those steps !!

Oh I can imagine the laughing and smiling when you walked back into that bit of doggy him improvements !! 😂
She clearly didn’t like those steps 😂. I had several choice words and she knew I was not happy…

She will, unfortunately, be crated while I am out. I prefer just keeping them in the bedroom where they hasve some freedom of movement.

I did go to the Bull Moose store (books, movies, music, paraphernalia) and picked up The Black Donnelly’s on DVD (good series if you haven’t seen it) for $17. Also bought a bag of random Blu-ray’s for $6 and got Jurassic World, Frozen, Voice from the Stone, X-Men: First class, Contraband.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
She clearly didn’t like those steps 😂. I had several choice words and she knew I was not happy…

She will, unfortunately, be crated while I am out. I prefer just keeping them in the bedroom where they hasve some freedom of movement.

I did go to the Bull Moose store (books, movies, music, paraphernalia) and picked up The Black Donnelly’s on DVD (good series if you haven’t seen it) for $17. Also bought a bag of random Blu-ray’s for $6 and got Jurassic World, Frozen, Voice from the Stone, X-Men: First class, Contraband.
let it go GIF

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I agree with your comments and had a similar feeling with the spirit of the petrol engine but it doesn't have the torque and has to change up and down the gears more to maintain speed than the Diesel...towing would frustrate me but having said that the gearbox is seamless and you don't feel the change that much but you hear the engine revs ...a zippy little motor/donk but missing that pull from a diesel that I have become so used to...the ZF is beefed up for the B57 for a reason (y)
Hi @Max yes, you're right. However, I have not yet towed a with the petrol engine to feel the different torque.

Reactions: Max
Local time
Reaction score

It's always a shock having a young dog after years with "old reliable." You need some help. NELR is your resource, especially the other foster folks. Any chance of a reliable dog walker coming in while you're gone? Ask around, check at the vet.

Last edited:

NoAge Hunter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:00 PM
Reaction score
Steel. Exactly what I want. Do you have a link? On their site I found a photo but no purchase info?
Actually it is 8mm Alu. It is from Matzker, who is a dealer here in Germany. I guess I got the first commercial one of the Diff guards they produced for the Grenadier. This dealer is well know since a long time as a dealer and expert for the old Defender.

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I drove to Slummerville (aka Somerville “Sumahville”) and Woburn (aka “Woobin”) in the snow. Not as much in Eastern MA as in Central MA.

Would to see some pics from my northern neighbors in Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont with the snow they were getting.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
But did any warning lights come on. :ROFLMAO:

I got a car wash and now I have a PDC error. lol
That'll serve you right for doing un-natural things to an Ineos. Washing it - shame on you.

That said, those side steps are the biggest mud magnets I've ever had on a vehicle. Maybe the way they sit well away from the body, but on a little adventure into the forest last weekend they accumulated more mud than the tyres and wheel arches combined.

Back
Top Bottom