The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

ORSO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:32 PM
Reaction score
today it's raining

Attachments

• IMG_3574.jpeg
    IMG_3574.jpeg
    6 MB · Views: 131
  • IMG_3576.jpeg
    IMG_3576.jpeg
    965.7 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_3580.jpeg
    IMG_3580.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 78
  • IMG_3581.jpeg
    IMG_3581.jpeg
    841.5 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_3578.jpeg
    IMG_3578.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 68

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
1:32 PM
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Spent a hefty chunk of the Easter long weekend driving the Grenadier.
Good Friday, Melton Mowbray to Stokesley, 144 miles to my sister and brother in laws to watch Leicester Tigers just beat Newcastle Falcons. Stayed the night.
Easter Saturday, son came over to Thornaby, so I picked him up at the station and took him to Stokesley, and we did a bit of shoe shopping. Left Stokesley about 5PM and drove back to Melton, 144 miles.
Easter Sunday, brief trip up the road to buy and eat ice cream from Ferneleys - https://ferneleysicecream.co.uk/, highly recommended, it's a dairy farm wanting a better outlet for their milk.
Easter Monday, Melton Mowbray to Colchester and return, 134 miles x 2, to see my mother.

No issues with the Grenadier; I am now well over 18,300 miles, back to work tomorrow, so the accumulation of miles will slacken off a bit.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Spent a hefty chunk of the Easter long weekend driving the Grenadier.
Good Friday, Melton Mowbray to Stokesley, 144 miles to my sister and brother in laws to watch Leicester Tigers just beat Newcastle Falcons. Stayed the night.
Easter Saturday, son came over to Thornaby, so I picked him up at the station and took him to Stokesley, and we did a bit of shoe shopping. Left Stokesley about 5PM and drove back to Melton, 144 miles.
Easter Sunday, brief trip up the road to buy and eat ice cream from Ferneleys - https://ferneleysicecream.co.uk/, highly recommended, it's a dairy farm wanting a better outlet for their milk.
Easter Monday, Melton Mowbray to Colchester and return, 134 miles x 2, to see my mother.

No issues with the Grenadier; I am now well over 18,300 miles, back to work tomorrow, so the accumulation of miles will slacken off a bit.
Hi @Jeremy996 I'm glad you're happy with your Grenadier. Like many others and me too.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Today I left my Grenadier at home and got one from a friend. I would like to compare. On the one hand, with regard to the issues that are repeatedly mentioned, such as heating, air conditioning, radio, etc. On the other hand, it's a petrol engine. There will be a summary in the evening. What has already surprised me is the fuel consumption. I drove about 200 km, 50 km of which were on highways at about 140 km/h. It needs just 2.6 liters more than my diesel. I would have expected more. Maybe it's the bright color. Let's see what surprises are still to come.

Attachments

• 6E20F9E5-8CB2-4BCE-95BB-C943A610AC20.jpeg
    6E20F9E5-8CB2-4BCE-95BB-C943A610AC20.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 47
  • B1397EF9-C53C-4164-BE33-05D6C513E49E.jpeg
    B1397EF9-C53C-4164-BE33-05D6C513E49E.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 51
Local time
Reaction score
Yes and no. Remember the old style picnic chairs? I have one with a toilet seat built in. Way better than squatting. Mine looks like this:

View attachment 7850236
Dig a hole, place the seat, do your business, burn the used paper, fill in the hole, press the soil down (carefully ;)). It even has a privacy flap. :poop: It is compact and easy to stow away. I carry the "Dunny Roll" in a canvas bag like this (toilet paper for @Jean Mercier):

E17EC1A1-D4CC-476B-B912-E9873E83D5A8_1_102_o.jpeg

Even a pocket on the other side of the holder for hygiene wipes.

Joocla has just released a brand new wiz bang potta potty called the GottaGo. Take a look at the video. Three versions Chemical, Compost or Bag. Designed to keep your 1s and 2s separate with a big reduction in odor.
OK I'll be the one to post it. The Bumper Dumper is a real product. (I think Clarkson featured it in an episode.)

Attachments

• BumperDumper.jpeg
    BumperDumper.jpeg
    29.2 KB · Views: 88

Matiassebastian

Production/Transit
Local time
7:32 PM
Reaction score
Hi.

Loaded the shit out of the IG or "Kanibal" like my son likes to call it... ready for a new adventure...

Attachments

• tempImage9qt5ae.jpg
    tempImage9qt5ae.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 87
  • tempImageyV5iPA.jpg
    tempImageyV5iPA.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 81
  • tempImageRwpDm1.jpg
    tempImageRwpDm1.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 82

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Today I left my Grenadier at home and got one from a friend. I would like to compare. On the one hand, with regard to the issues that are repeatedly mentioned, such as heating, air conditioning, radio, etc. On the other hand, it's a petrol engine. There will be a summary in the evening. What has already surprised me is the fuel consumption. I drove about 200 km, 50 km of which were on highways at about 140 km/h. It needs just 2.6 liters more than my diesel. I would have expected more. Maybe it's the bright color. Let's see what surprises are still to come.
As announced, my comparison between my Trialmaster diesel and the Fieldmaster gasoline engine.
I drove another hundred kilometers. And not in creep speed and downhill. I also accelerated properly. You notice even more acceleration than with the diesel. The average consumption was displayed at 14.0 liters. With my diesel, I average 11.6 liters per 100 km. When I drive the gasoline engine the way I do with my diesel, I hardly notice any difference. If you like to drive fast, then the petrol engine has more esprit.
I don't notice the somewhat rougher running of my diesel at 1800-2000 rpm (natural frequency) with the gasoline engine. But even with my diesel, this has improved significantly after 10k km.
The gasoline engine runs more smoothly. I noticed this in the forest when I let it run at idle speed.
The driving and wind noise is stronger with Safari windows compared to mine without windows, but not disturbing.
As expected, the Fieldmaster's road tires are quieter than my BFG.
As with my Grenadier, the heating and climate control system works well for the most part. It's not just hot and cold. However, as we know, it reacts with a time delay.
The radio receiver is also comparable to my vehicle. I tuned into a DAB station that was clearly audible over the 300 km. There were brief interruptions in a few places. But not a problem for me.
For vehicles that have significant problems in this regard, I recommend checking the receiver's ground point under the right-hand trim in the trunk. I know that there are problems here in some vehicles.
Neither vehicle displayed any error messages or warning tones.
All in all, I can say that I have chosen the right vehicle for my purposes (Trialmaster with rough package). However, I am also often out and about on unpaved terrain (woods and fields).
I can only recommend everyone to drive both the diesel and the gasoline engine before buying and to decide according to their individual needs. Both are excellent engines that are fun to drive.

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Quick ride to Portland ME today. Was going to stop for an impromptu photo shoot but felt I should get back to the dogs...good thing I did as my foster dog did this to a set of steps for my female dog who has a hard time jumping on the bed.IMG_2639.jpeg

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
The new addition probably has some separation anxiety.

Or just a problem with those steps !!

Oh I can imagine the laughing and smiling when you walked back into that bit of doggy him improvements !! 😂

Back
Top Bottom