The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

Jack123

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:38 AM
Reaction score
Sometimes , when she's tired after a hike or the Gren is tilted away , Her Indoors finds it a little tough to embark.
So a couple of days ago I made her a little stirrup from stuff lying around. Plus a couple of quality exhaust U clamps from a tractor place. The copper nuts provide extra grip.
Installed it this morning on our island off an island - Bruny - and we went for a hike. Lovely day for it!
Ingredients for the step:
U bolts
5mm Aluminium plate, Just the width I had lying around. Could be 3-4cm wider I guess.
Aluminium moulding so she doesn't bark herself on the adge
Gorilla Grip grip tape - on the step , and on the slider tube.
Etch primer and topcoat. I'll put grip tape on the moulding sometime.

One small step for a man , one small step for womankind!

View attachment 7851711
View attachment 7851712
View attachment 7851713

View attachment 7851714

Hello Tazz - thanks for sharing that. I've been thinking about how to put some kind of step to mine as well...

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
5:38 PM
Reaction score
Hello Tazz - thanks for sharing that. I've been thinking about how to put some kind of step to mine as well...
No worries. It lends itself to easy customisation and removal.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:38 AM
Reaction score
Yesterday and today checked my car for damage after two weeks in Spain and about 4000 km driving, from which quite a lot of motorway (Belgium and France) and an estimated 150 km off road.

Conclusions and experiences of those two weeks:
  • got during an hour or two a "Power Steering Error" on the big screen and a red triangle on the small screen behind the steering wheel, but it disappeared after a picnic pause.
  • some days later I had suddenly a metallic squeaking noise under the car, only while moving, even in car wash mode with motor off. Later it changed to a rattling metallic noise. Did creep under the car but didn't find it, but it disappeared as suddenly as it appeared after some hours, therefore probably something got stuck somewhere, and fell off again. Stone probably or wood, less probable.
  • I also got a tire pressure high warning on the hottest day for my rear tires; next day, after a fresh night the warning was still on, probably because the computer hadn't reset it yet, but it disappeared after some kilometers driving.
  • one of the first nights I left my fridge on, to see if my battery could hold it (I have a NOCO power booster in the car), and this was the result, voltage drop from about 12.8 volt to 11.8 volt, therefore OK for one night, but nothing more:
Screenshot_20240408_205823_Battery Monitor.jpg
  • I scratched my "Buzz rock sliders" on some rocks but no other damage, although I don't pretend the sliders had to really support the weight of the car.
  • And while crawling under my car yesterday and today I saw a strange "oil-like" pattern on the left frame of the car, but is NOT oil, it is some kind of wax, probably some excess protection wax that melted while the temperature was higher:
20240408_142641.jpg20240408_144348.jpg
  • The car behaved as expected, and it was the first longer trip for my wife, and she enjoyed the comfort, but getting out of it is still difficult despite the "Buzz" side steps / rock slider.
  • And while she first had some mockery :eek: of my underseat bags, after some days she admitted they were great to use! :ROFLMAO:

minidok

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yesterday and today checked my car for damage after two weeks in Spain and about 4000 km driving, from which quite a lot of motorway (Belgium and France) and an estimated 150 km off road.

Conclusions and experiences of those two weeks:
  • got during an hour or two a "Power Steering Error" on the big screen and a red triangle on the small screen behind the steering wheel, but it disappeared after a picnic pause.
  • some days later I had suddenly a metallic squeaking noise under the car, only while moving, even in car wash mode with motor off. Later it changed to a rattling metallic noise. Did creep under the car but didn't find it, but it disappeared as suddenly as it appeared after some hours, therefore probably something got stuck somewhere, and fell off again. Stone probably or wood, less probable.
  • I also got a tire pressure high warning on the hottest day for my rear tires; next day, after a fresh night the warning was still on, probably because the computer hadn't reset it yet, but it disappeared after some kilometers driving.
  • one of the first nights I left my fridge on, to see if my battery could hold it (I have a NOCO power booster in the car), and this was the result, voltage drop from about 12.8 volt to 11.8 volt, therefore OK for one night, but nothing more:
View attachment 7852268
  • I scratched my "Buzz rock sliders" on some rocks but no other damage, although I don't pretend the sliders had to really support the weight of the car.
  • And while crawling under my car yesterday and today I saw a strange "oil-like" pattern on the left frame of the car, but is NOT oil, it is some kind of wax, probably some excess protection wax that melted while the temperature was higher:
View attachment 7852269View attachment 7852270
  • The car behaved as expected, and it was the first longer trip for my wife, and she enjoyed the comfort, but getting out of it is still difficult despite the "Buzz" side steps / rock slider.
  • And while she first had some mockery :eek: of my underseat bags, after some days she admitted they were great to use! :ROFLMAO:
Thank you, Jean, for sharing - always a pleasure to reading your adventures :)
In be leave, you are not having any major fluid leak.
About the battery drain from the fridge: Did you use the main battery or the 2nd battery as source?
I assume, your fridge is hooked to the official 12V outlet from the booth.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you, Jean, for sharing - always a pleasure to reading your adventures :)
In be leave, you are not having any major fluid leak.
About the battery drain from the fridge: Did you use the main battery or the 2nd battery as source?
I assume, your fridge is hooked to the official 12V outlet from the booth.
I used indeed the "official 12V outlet from the boot", therefore draining the main battery!
And, as the main battery gets pulse recharged by the secondary battery, it also got drained!
Like many others, I think this is a weird setup of Ineos!

Last edited:

nuclearmonkey

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
3:38 AM
Reaction score
I used indeed the "official 12V outlet from the boot", therefore draining the main battery!
And, as the main battery gets pulse recharged by the secondary battery, it also got drained!
Was anything else on throughout that night, or was it closed up with just the fridge running? That seems like a lot of amp draw. What’s the make and size?… Have you tested beforehand to see what it draws when running? For comparison, an Engel 45 has a draw of between 2.25-2.5 amps with a 50 -60% average duty cycle.

Hearing that the second battery was pulled down trickle charging the first has me considering ditching the smartpass.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
JOOCLA MOUNTED ENSUITE
I test mounted the Joocla Single Mounted Ensuite onto the Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform. The Joocla was mounted using KAON Universal Awning Brackets to suit the Pioneer Platform, two or three brackets can be used.

Here is an image of a Single Mounted Ensuite (image from Joocla website):
Joocla.jpg

Here is the KAON Universal Awning Bracket used to mount the Joocla Single Ensuite:
KAON KS0260.jpg
The spacing between the Joocla bolt mountings was 51mm which the KAON bracket can handle without modification. KAON states the bracket spacing is 33mm to 50mm maximum (but it works with 51mm no problems). The Joocla supplied mounting brackets did not work to my satisfaction. They would have mounted the Joocla, but corrugations would have moved and/or damaged the Joocla brackets over time, because of the manner in which the brackets fitted to the roofrack. Better to install it right the first time. An added bonus is I can remove the KAON brackets easily if I wish to remove the Joocla in under two minutes.

No image of the Ensuite on the Grenadier, as I am waiting for some Nord-Lock washers for the final mounting. I did not have enough washers for all the mounting bolts. I then pretends the Nord Lock washers do not cost as much as they do.

OTHER ENSUITES
Other choices of Ensuite can be seen over here under, the heading: MOUNTED SHOWER, CHANGE ROOM, ENSUITE, ETC.

Last edited:

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Yes Jean, it's just bizarre the way it all works without a having a diagram or detailed explanation.

I'm touring with two fridges but mainly use one. With the one fridge I can get by one overnight but reluctant to go further without a drive or solar as I just don't know what's going on with the starter battery.

Sometimes in the morning it's 12.3v sometimes it's 12.05 as below. Guess the curve starts to drop away rapidly once it gets low.

I'm not using a cig lighter socket for the fridge but have it connected via a victron smart battery protect on the AUX battery.

I power the SBP/fridge via an overhead switch when driving. When the vehicle is parked up I need to turn the main power switch of the above head panel on to keep power to the SBP/fridge switch.

By morning the Aux battery is always in a much better state than the start battery. (Ctek assured me the smartpass/250 would not drain the start battery - perhaps not all the way down)

I suspect switching the main overhead switch 'on', in addition to powering my SBP/Fridge switch must power up or put on standby, a number of other unknowns in the vehicle causing an additional drain from the start battery. Perhaps the switches I have on is enough to cause a significant drain but I have not measured anything yet.

I know switching the main power switch on when parked also powers up my rear view mirror that I piggy back off a fuse so at present I'm manually unplugging the mirror until I find a suitable fuse that isn't powered up by the overhead main switch - rooky error. As before, a diagram or detailed explanation would be nice. What a fantastic vehicle though... tough as and always have a smile on my face.

battery april 12.05.jpg

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:38 AM
Reaction score
My days of faffing about on my driveway with spring compressors are over so I paid the man (TJM 4x4) to install a set of the heavy duty Airbag Man airbags .
View attachment 7852398
Brilliant just what I’m looking for. Let us know how it looks and handles when loaded please. I’ll look for a U.K. supplier ready for when I get my Grenadier back.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Brilliant just what I’m looking for. Let us know how it looks and handles when loaded please. I’ll look for a U.K. supplier ready for when I get my Grenadier back.
I'd put a set in my luggage as we're in the UK in May ; however we are limiting ourselves to 20kg!

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:38 AM
Reaction score
😎. Nice thought
. I’ve emailed 4x4 works and they are contacting the suppliers so all should be good

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My days of faffing about on my driveway with spring compressors are over so I paid the man (TJM 4x4) to install a set of the heavy duty Airbag Man airbags .
View attachment 7852398
Installed the eibach heavy duty springs and gvm upgrade.. no need for airbags... just something else to de-inflate.. 😁

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Installed the eibach heavy duty springs and gvm upgrade.. no need for airbags... just something else to de-inflate.. 😁
Thought about that, wouldn't fit nto my work car park , for a start.
I just want a bit of adjustability. I don't ever have to worry about GVM.
The empty nester advantage ;)

Back
Top Bottom