The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What are your plans with the Grenadier?

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:34 PM
Reaction score
- Canning Stock Route. Though I’m in two minds on this one. The route has a history of trashing vehicles and even if the IG gets through unscathed the potential for the vehicle to not be/feel quite the ‘same’ afterwards is real. Using 33-35” tyres a very real possibility here.

- South Africa to England. Covid interrupted my plans on this one. This is now back in the mix, this time with an IG.

- Fraser Island. This is first cab off the rank though. Amazing place.
We may well meet you en-route. U.K. to South Africa. Thats on our books within the next 3 years at the latest. Also South America. Let’s hope all the Grenadier community can meet up and help each other out on our travels or with information and ideas. At the moment we are working towards retirement,9 months work and 3 months travel. Gradually building up to more travel than work. 😎. Happy adventures

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
9:34 AM
Reaction score
I retire about 6 months after I am set to get the Grenadier. I will use it for the shooting season which will follow shortly afterwards and the. Like Logsplitter I fancy driving down to SA. My sister lives in Cape Town and I was planning on a visiting next year anyway, but I think I might save on the flights and blow it on fuel instead.

I am sure the adventure will be an interesting one. You never know you might see two Grennys heading that way with following Logsplitter.

The one thing that would be a crime is to leave it parked up

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:34 PM
Reaction score
Back to the topic.

If delivery takes too long, I'll have to rethink my plans with the Grenadier. Where will I go?
Maybe (in that order) to the
  • Family doctor
  • Orthopedist
  • Physiotherapist
  • Ophthalmologist
  • Dentist
  • Urologist
  • Cardiologist
  • Pharmacy
... :unsure:
Growing older is not for the faint hearted!!;)

Tomdoc

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am 55 (military) about to move on from my Army career (after nearly 30 years) and have had a lifetime of Land Rover Defenders and wild camping expeditions around UK and EU. My initial plan is to take my IG overland to the North Cape in Norway after enjoying making it into a vehicle fit for the outdoors to include my amateur radio obsession Thus I got the 2 seat version deliberately so I can sleep in the back at a pinch. I am seeing it as my "time for fun" accessory to get me to the places I have always wanted to visit and have a few more adventures in some relative comfort before it is too late!

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
After a little thinking and discussion with travel partners, I think it’s time to revisit the Anne Beadell Highway which we last did in 2011.
You can get a feel for this journey by watching the below video series done by a group in about 2017 or 2018. These guys rush the trip across and don’t really explore the history of the place like we did though.
It was certainly one of the most enjoyable and challenging trips we’ve done by 4wd in the last 30 years of remote touring. The map below shows our trip which eventually finished with the Simpson Desert and then home to Brisbane.

This time though after traveling west to the Connie Sue HWay junction we’ll head south to the Nullabor and spent a week exploring all the side tracks along fhe coast which lead to all sorts of caves and rocky drop offs along the Great Australian Bight.
Unfortunately it’s going to be a winter 2024 trip as the IG won’t arrive early enough to prep properly to do it in 23.

Attachments

• 91016D29-8AB2-4A19-87AA-CFAE84A3DB28.jpeg
    91016D29-8AB2-4A19-87AA-CFAE84A3DB28.jpeg
    56.3 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
After a little thinking and discussion with travel partners, I think it’s time to revisit the Anne Beadell Highway which we last did in 2011.
You can get a feel for this journey by watching the below video series done by a group in about 2017 or 2018. These guys rush the trip across and don’t really explore the history of the place like we did though.
It was certainly one of the most enjoyable and challenging trips we’ve done by 4wd in the last 30 years of remote touring.

This time though after traveling west to the Connie Sue HWay junction we’ll head south to the Nullabor and spent a week exploring all the side tracks along fhe coast which lead to all sorts of caves and rocky drop offs along the Great Australian Bight.
Unfortunately it’s going to be a winter 2024 trip as the IG won’t arrive early enough to prep properly to do it in 23.
That would be a fabulous trip!!
Was also wondering about a multi-Grenadier trip to Birdsville the week or so before the races (1-2 Sept 2023) https://www.racenet.com.au/horse-racing-carnivals/birdsville-races ,
thence the outback loop via Innaminka and back to Brisbane.... that's after a shakedown run or two around the numerous national parks and state forests within a 250km radius of Brisbane...

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:34 PM
Reaction score
It was certainly one of the most enjoyable and challenging trips we’ve done by 4wd in the last 30 years of remote touring. The map below shows our trip which eventually finished with the Simpson Desert and then home to Brisbane.

My first trip will be the Holland Track, not that long but fairly challenging (or as easy as you want to make it) good test for the new IG in winter when it arrives. Later is a planned trip to Judburra NP in the NT doing all of the tracks within the park from home in south west W.A.

Christian

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My wife (45) and I (55) are planning in the next 10 years a trip around the world (Freiburg in Germany, China, Japan, Australia, USA, South America) with a MOSER Offroad Caravan.

Actually I am working on the final design of the Caravan. We plan to order it in February 2023. Delivery will be in 2024, then we will start the diy expansion.
20221203_212058.png
20221203_212246.png
20221203_212122.png
The INEOS Grenadier is planned for 2024 and intended as towing vehicle.
Everything have to be fit in a 40ft high cube container
20221203_212156.png

Last edited:

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
2:34 PM
Reaction score
Great project!

Can Would you tell us something about the price category of such a trailer?

Christian

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
All Prices before Putin (Germany) :

Caravan by MOSER empty app. 35k€ + DIY expansion app. 55k€

Caravan included expansion by MOSER app. 140k€

Equipment similar to bruder EXP 6 but without air suspension.

Same wheels and tires as the grenadier

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:34 AM
Reaction score
I officially retired yesterday, so just waiting to be able to order mine. Once it comes, my wife and I plan to do some short trips, as she is still working in her acupuncture practice. I plan to do as much back country and dirt road exploring as "overlanding" or camping. I don't have a vehicle currently that I'd feel comfortable trying to get to good places to hunt elk or deer here in Arizona.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:34 AM
Reaction score
Will start with a few day trups into the bush around Sydney to work the kinks out, then beaches on Sunshine coast but there will he a Simpson Desert crossing within the next 18 months.

DDG

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I’m hoping to do a trans-continental trip from Buffalo, New York to Fairbanks, Alaska (my birthplace). The Grenadier will be the support vehicle. Party of four. Two adventure bikes (one KTM and a BMW). So two riding and two driving. We haven’t decided between towing a “caravan” or just an enclosed trailer with gear. Most likely the latter, and a combo of camping and motel/hotel.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’m hoping to do a trans-continental trip from Buffalo, New York to Fairbanks, Alaska (my birthplace). The Grenadier will be the support vehicle. Party of four. Two adventure bikes (one KTM and a BMW). So two riding and two driving. We haven’t decided between towing a “caravan” or just an enclosed trailer with gear. Most likely the latter, and a combo of camping and motel/hotel.
Ver cool idea!

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
For me the Grenadier will be a multiple purpose vehicle: expedition car to facilitate mountain hiking; carrying offroad touring bicycles; platform to enable camping; trailer towing; occasional city driving.

So, I have initially planned 4 "getaway" trips in the first 6 months, to get a burst of enjoyment but also to help plan & decide what accessories to add to the Grenadier.

First (April) - a solo 1,000km shake down "get to know her" 3 day trip within country Victoria: freeways, secondary sealed roads, gravel roads and some well maintained off road tracks.
Second (April) - a one week 2,000km return drive from Melbourne to Kangaroo Island in South Australia (with wife but no camping)
Third (May) - a 12 day hiking expedition to southern Tasmania (with 2 fellow hikers)
Fourth (July) - 4/5 day forest camping expedition towing a X3 Patriot camping trailer (with wife)

Tu Sugars

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
"Green laning and moderate offroad trails, nothing spectacular. But offroad enough to justify a Grenadier, though always on the safe side: At almost 65 years old, I no longer have to prove anything."
I chuckled when I read this - as so many on this forum seem to like exploring places well and sensibly - and with a modicum of comfort. You are so right - we don't have to prove anything ... When I first spotted the INEOS Grenadier, the distant memory of my red sports car. I had it; I enjoyed it. My son took his girlfriend to a school event in it. I took my ex-RNZAF father for a blast up a winding road - a trip during which he told me to go faster, and then I sold it!
The son reminded me not two nights ago that that same little red sports car, even with massive miles, is now worth lots of money... A collectable... Frankly, if it were that valuable, I would be scared to drive it, and with it red, the need to polish it. We discussed the Grenadier - our order of Scottish white for Australian hot weather. It will be allowed to get externally dirty...

My reason to purchase and use... I am a New Zealander - and have been "everywhere" there... All three islands! Only in the last twenty-five years have I lived in Australia.
I love taking pictures of creatures, be they Sea Eagles, Pelicans, the crazy stone-curlew with its incredible voice or listening for the obnoxious cane toad. Add all the snakes and creepy crawlies in between, and then we think of Kangaroo, Wallaby - Camel and everything else... Water Dragons are a recent favourite. Did I mention Australia has snakes - lots, and they kill people?
I have a plan... Mrs Bear is not in agreement yet... but as I joined the club last year, she meets a Grenadier this coming Thursday; not ours yet.... but it will be enough so she will see the light...
  • The plan - Lighting Ridge - down the Darling to Bourke - to Broken Hill... Silverton (think Mad Max 1 and 2), then follow the rail line past Yunta ... Most is the main highway, so I won't need extra lockers or shocks.
  • In my land cruiser, I did 150,000K, and less than 50 kilometres were off-road. What was the point? I could not park easily in CBD nor make a "Ewe" turn.
My recent Grenadier drive surpassed my expectations. I have driven for 55 years - my current daily driver is the last of the V8 Touaregs. With 800 Newtons, it has been fantastic and economical, but I was stupid and took the black unit with so much electronic fruit that I do not use... The electric handbrake sticks every time it rains, and service fees are as insane as my ex-wife.
With decent mobile Internet - I know that I can still be available to people, but when we reach a stage in life where we can do stuff, so I just do...

I feel younger knowing my next adventure will begin again this year, and the Grenadier does fit my more laissez-faire lifestyle. So Emax, Green laning and moderate offroad are also me. I think many are like-minded people.

Attachments

• 320908468_1595320067544061_8091535557463487089_n.jpeg
    320908468_1595320067544061_8091535557463487089_n.jpeg
    305.6 KB · Views: 62

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I chuckled when I read this - as so many on this forum seem to like exploring places well and sensibly - and with a modicum of comfort. You are so right - we don't have to prove anything ... When I first spotted the INEOS Grenadier, the distant memory of my red sports car. I had it; I enjoyed it. My son took his girlfriend to a school event in it. I took my ex-RNZAF father for a blast up a winding road - a trip during which he told me to go faster, and then I sold it!
The son reminded me not two nights ago that that same little red sports car, even with massive miles, is now worth lots of money... A collectable... Frankly, if it were that valuable, I would be scared to drive it, and with it red, the need to polish it. We discussed the Grenadier - our order of Scottish white for Australian hot weather. It will be allowed to get externally dirty...

My reason to purchase and use... I am a New Zealander - and have been "everywhere" there... All three islands! Only in the last twenty-five years have I lived in Australia.
I love taking pictures of creatures, be they Sea Eagles, Pelicans, the crazy stone-curlew with its incredible voice or listening for the obnoxious cane toad. Add all the snakes and creepy crawlies in between, and then we think of Kangaroo, Wallaby - Camel and everything else... Water Dragons are a recent favourite. Did I mention Australia has snakes - lots, and they kill people?
I have a plan... Mrs Bear is not in agreement yet... but as I joined the club last year, she meets a Grenadier this coming Thursday; not ours yet.... but it will be enough so she will see the light...
  • The plan - Lighting Ridge - down the Darling to Bourke - to Broken Hill... Silverton (think Mad Max 1 and 2), then follow the rail line past Yunta ... Most is the main highway, so I won't need extra lockers or shocks.
  • In my land cruiser, I did 150,000K, and less than 50 kilometres were off-road. What was the point? I could not park easily in CBD nor make a "Ewe" turn.
My recent Grenadier drive surpassed my expectations. I have driven for 55 years - my current daily driver is the last of the V8 Touaregs. With 800 Newtons, it has been fantastic and economical, but I was stupid and took the black unit with so much electronic fruit that I do not use... The electric handbrake sticks every time it rains, and service fees are as insane as my ex-wife.
With decent mobile Internet - I know that I can still be available to people, but when we reach a stage in life where we can do stuff, so I just do...

I feel younger knowing my next adventure will begin again this year, and the Grenadier does fit my more laissez-faire lifestyle. So Emax, Green laning and moderate offroad are also me. I think many are like-minded people.
I should have known you were a kiwi
You spealt two rong

das mo

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:34 PM
Reaction score
Hi.

I simply need to replace this old Citroen, which really served us well for 10 years. Whilst I was able to build a toilet and fridge/coolbox and wooden rack in and all that, this summer in Scotland I smashed and finally lost most of the under car protection.

Always loved the old Defender. Never fit in with my 1,92m.

We always travel north and I hope to have the car and my custom build ready by July for the next hiking, fishing and just being off grid trip to Lapland.

We are a family of 4, used to only bring what is needed, but surely the Grenadier will be a bit more spacious when our 2 kids stop travelling with us.

I am really looking forward to get this beauty into my hands and use it as a canvas to create my own racks, furniture, attachments,…

Bit of s bummer that the space inside ro use is smaller than the one in our family car. And as the middle seat cannot be removed, I even have no space to run a similar setup for fridge and toilet. Already running ideas for few weeks now and hope to start prototyping soon.

Healthy 2023!

* Always think of what you can make it, not what it is when rolling out Hambach factory *

Attachments

• 9137D576-3A64-4FD0-9C1B-D3E59DE14B93.jpeg
    9137D576-3A64-4FD0-9C1B-D3E59DE14B93.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 58
  • B24A9213-3ADF-4528-B50A-F88939E70755.jpeg
    B24A9213-3ADF-4528-B50A-F88939E70755.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 56
  • 0C2BA77C-EB7E-4E77-8459-3FDB72CDB787.jpeg
    0C2BA77C-EB7E-4E77-8459-3FDB72CDB787.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 52
  • 80325903-04FC-42E3-B8EE-9F7EB64C10A1.jpeg
    80325903-04FC-42E3-B8EE-9F7EB64C10A1.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 58
  • 3690629B-16C1-44FA-B011-14A932D285B7.jpeg
    3690629B-16C1-44FA-B011-14A932D285B7.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 57
  • 8BE947D8-AC73-4B78-BF36-22DEA7DAF6A9.jpeg
    8BE947D8-AC73-4B78-BF36-22DEA7DAF6A9.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 58
Last edited:

Mitchell300

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi.

I simply need to replace this old Citroen, which really served us well for 10 years. Whilst I was able to build a toilet and fridge/coolbox and wooden rack in and all that, this summer in Scotland I smashed and finally lost most of the under car protection.

Always loved the old Defender. Never fit in with my 1,92m.

We always travel north and I hope to have the car and my custom build ready by July for the next hiking, fishing and just being off grid trip to Lapland.

We are a family of 4, used to only bring what is needed, but surely the Grenadier will be a bit more spacious when our 2 kids stop travelling with us.

I am really looking forward to get this beauty into my hands and use it as a canvas to create my own racks, furniture, attachments,…

Bit of s bummer that the space inside ro use is smaller than the one in our family car. And as the middle seat cannot be removed, I even have no space to run a similar setup for fridge and toilet. Already running ideas for few weeks now and hope to start prototyping soon.

Healthy 2023!

* Always think of what you can make it, not what it is when rolling out Hambach factory *
Lovely bit of wood working, it’ll be interesting to see what you come up with for the Grenadier. Like the walking to remote loch with the fly rod.

Back
Top Bottom