The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What are your plans with the Grenadier?

Barney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:53 AM
Reaction score
in der Nähe von Frankfurt a. M. Deutschland
Anyone have any ideas on how to darken the windows? My daughter bought some for her car there. They are also available for the Defender from the company. I hope they build these for the IG too.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:53 AM
Reaction score
wife came home to say, "the sooner you get that bloody Grenadier the better"

she hasn't seen the inside yet.

Attachments

• 7A3BBC02-A15E-40D8-8105-4AE0427D9E26.jpeg
    7A3BBC02-A15E-40D8-8105-4AE0427D9E26.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 61

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Anyone have any ideas on how to darken the windows? My daughter bought some for her car there. They are also available for the Defender from the company. I hope they build these for the IG too.
If they will offer them for the Grenadier for a reasonable price, why not.

Otherwise, you can buy aluminum coated bubble foil:

https://www.verpackungsteam.at/Verp...mit-ALU-metallisiert-4-lagig-230my::2546.html

I would make paper patterns and cut the foil to fit. The edges can either be sewed or sealed with a gaffer tape - including some magnets for mounting.

The question is, whether and where the Grenadier has a magnetic surface around the windows. That was by the way what I forgot a Krah + Enders: I wanted to take a magnet with me to test exactly this.

Otherwise, suction cups will do.

Here is a video (German but understandable in any language) of a diy version (there are many more). She failed with the alu/plastic comination and then changed to coated fabric, which is linked to under her video.

Last edited:

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
wife came home to say, "the sooner you get that bloody Grenadier the better"

she hasn't seen the inside yet.
Looks like you rather need some outside protection ...

Question: Are these olive trees?

BMW.Leo

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
We will continue to use the grenadier professionally for the next few years, pulling it to pull loads, transporting parts and pallets as well as our dogs. we are often off the beaten track.

it has long been a desire to buy an all-terrain vehicle, unfortunately there was nothing suitable, until now. since the roads here also slowly go down here in Germany, it was also the right decision

PanoramaJJ

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
What I´ve forgotten to write last time ...
MY VERY FIRST PLAN with the Grenadier (2-seater, Germany) is to take red numbers and to drive to the next TÜV (Technischer Überwachungsverein).
I want to change it (in the car papers) from a car to a truck. WHY?:unsure:
Because of the tax. The car (Diesel) costs me about 1.000 € in a year, the truck (3.5tons) only 210 € in a year:giggle:. I´ve already talked to the TÜV, it will be no problem.
Maybe, the insurance for a truck costs a little more than for the car, but not 800 € more. (My old Toyo with his 4.2l Diesel-Engine from 1995 only costs 185 € tax).
KEEP ON TRUCKIN`!

Barney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If they will offer them for the Grenadier for a reasonable price, why not.

Otherwise, you can buy aluminum coated bubble foil:

https://www.verpackungsteam.at/Verp...mit-ALU-metallisiert-4-lagig-230my::2546.html

I would make paper patterns and cut the foil to fit. The edges can either be sewed or sealed with a gaffer tape - including some magnets for mounting.

The question is, whether and where the Grenadier has a magnetic surface around the windows. That was by the way what I forgot a Krah + Enders: I wanted to take a magnet with me to test exactly this.

Otherwise, suction cups will do.

Here is a video (German but understandable in any language) of a diy version (there are many more). She failed with the alu/plastic comination and then changed to coated fabric, which is linked to under her video.

😅 too much work for me. I‘ll try to geht some industrial made. Think it is good for sunprotection and heat

Last edited:

Barney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
What I´ve forgotten to write last time ...
MY VERY FIRST PLAN with the Grenadier (2-seater, Germany) is to take red numbers and to drive to the next TÜV (Technischer Überwachungsverein).
Because of the tax. The car (Diesel) costs me about 1.000 € in a year, the truck (3.5tons) only 210 € in a year:giggle:. I´ve already talked to the TÜV, it will be no problem.
Maybe, the insurance for a truck costs a little more than for the car, but not 800 € more. (My old Toyo with his 4.2l Diesel-Engine from 1995 only costs 185 € tax).
KEEP ON TRUCKIN`!
Please tell us if it works and which TÜV you have choosen.

BMW.Leo

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
for my understanding the Utilty with 2 and also 5 seats will run as a truck. thats why we don´t take the first option like Trial or Fieldmaster ?? if not its not only the german TÜV, it is also depend to german tax departments
and they handle this matter very difficult. from city to city

PanoramaJJ

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Please tell us if it works and which TÜV you have choosen.
I will tell you, how it works!
I spoke with a Gutachter/censor in the TÜV Nuremburg-North. He told me that it would be no problem to chance from "M1" (car) to "N1" (Truck) - expecially with the twoseater I ordered.
The admission office told me the same - "Go to the TÜV, they make a Gutachten/opinion to recode. There must be enough space behind the seats, and some other things, and it will work."

PanoramaJJ

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
for my understanding the Utilty with 2 and also 5 seats will run as a truck. thats why we don´t take the first option like Trial or Fieldmaster ?? if not its not only the german TÜV, it is also depend to german tax departments
and they handle this matter very difficult. from city to city
A friend of mine made a Toyota to a truck - but he had four seats in his HZJ78. Well - the car is now a truck, but ONLY for the INSURANCE, NOT for the TAX! You are SO RIGHT with what you say. Everything in germany is complicated!

TD5-90

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Also ordered a 2 seater utility, for the same reason. But I thought it _automatically_(!) comes as an N1. Would be really annoying if not...
Thanks for the hint, I will check with my dealer.

denym_

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I will tell you, how it works!
I spoke with a Gutachter/censor in the TÜV Nuremburg-North. He told me that it would be no problem to chance from "M1" (car) to "N1" (Truck) - expecially with the twoseater I ordered.
The admission office told me the same - "Go to the TÜV, they make a Gutachten/opinion to recode. There must be enough space behind the seats, and some other things, and it will work."
The 2seater is the Utility which is already N1. No idea what needs changing there?

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Because of the tax.

Why didn't you order a ute? The ute is N1 rated from factory?

Good luck anyway ...

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Also ordered a 2 seater utility, for the same reason. But I thought it _automatically_(!) comes as an N1. Would be really annoying if not...
Thanks for the hint, I will check with my dealer.
According to Krah + Enders you're fine: The 2 and 5 seat utes are N1.

denym_

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
And in addition to the insurance topic. They not asking if its M1 or N1. They just ask how the car is used `Sie können bei der HUK-COBURG privat und geschäftlich genutzte Fahrzeuge versichern.` So no difference there.

Back
Top Bottom