The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What are your plans with the Grenadier?

BMW.Leo

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:35 PM
Reaction score
And in addition to the insurance topic. They not asking if its M1 or N1. They just ask how the car is used `Sie können bei der HUK-COBURG privat und geschäftlich genutzte Fahrzeuge versichern.` So no difference there.
no its not about insurance its about tax, the tax special for diesel engine are sky high. privat or business doesn´t matter

denym_

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
no its not about insurance its about tax, the tax special for diesel engine are sky high. privat or business doesn´t matter
You guys really need to learn to readup couple more posts to get the topic that is currently ongoing :) The tax topic got explained and resolved and since insurance was mentioned incorrectly in the same question I cleared that part up to.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Good point. Back to topic.

The topic is actually

"What are your plans with the Grenadier".

denym_

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So first plan is to find a way to finance it :) When this is figured out and the car is in my hands Its gonna be a lot of measuring and constructing the interior. Especially in combination with the folded down backseat row. I hope I can get a nice elevated flat area for some sleeping and storage arrangement.
I also like DaveB's plan: Put all the outdoor gear on it throw couple of buckets of dirt on it and drive down to the coffeeshop.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Yes. I called them and the answer was as described. "Definitely", they said.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:35 AM
Reaction score
So first plan is to find a way to finance it :) When this is figured out and the car is in my hands Its gonna be a lot of measuring and constructing the interior. Especially in combination with the folded down backseat row. I hope I can get a nice elevated flat area for some sleeping and storage arrangement.
I also like DaveB's plan: Put all the outdoor gear on it throw couple of buckets of dirt on it and drive down to the coffeeshop.
My finance plan is selling my house.
That way I can pay cash

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Not sure where to put this post but it possibly falls within future plans. I am hoping to travel to the Kimberley region which is tucked up in the northern corner of Western Australia.
It is very remote. It covers an area of 423+ thousand sq km. or about twice the size of the UK. Western Australia is by comparison a mere 2.53 million sq km....
The Kimberley has had extensive rain of late. Massive flooding has cut off isolated communities and the Australian Army has deployed several Chinook helicopters to rescue people and deliver supplies.
The attached picture in the media caught my attention. The sheer size of the flooding is mind boggling!
Can't wait to explore once the place has dried out.... Grenadier country indeed!!
1673492906967.png

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Not sure where to put this post but it possibly falls within future plans. I am hoping to travel to the Kimberley region which is tucked up in the northern corner of Western Australia.
It is very remote. It covers an area of 423+ thousand sq km. or about twice the size of the UK. Western Australia is by comparison a mere 2.53 million sq km....
The Kimberley has had extensive rain of late. Massive flooding has cut off isolated communities and the Australian Army has deployed several Chinook helicopters to rescue people and deliver supplies.
The attached picture in the media caught my attention. The sheer size of the flooding is mind boggling!
Can't wait to explore once the place has dried out.... Grenadier country indeed!!
View attachment 7800124
Devastating floods. They reckon it will take years to fix a lot of it.
By then I should be in a position to explore!

Steveo

Global Grenadier #1009
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
View attachment 7800124
I was in the Kimberley earlier this year - can't wait to get back in the Grenadier!

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:35 AM
Reaction score
View attachment 7800124
The Gibb River road is one of the connections between Wyndum and Derby...the main one is cut now Halls Creek Fitzroy Crossing road...I did the Gibb River Rd in 81 and would do it again...let it dry out and you won't be disappointed...Happy motoring

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My finance plan is my wife continuing to work as the Grenny will be her company car

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My finance plan is my wife continuing to work as the Grenny will be her company car
So it will be fitted with a Wifi antenna and become a bona fide office which accommodates a lot of 'working from home' ? ...wherever 'home' happens to be...What a great idea!

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So it will be fitted with a Wifi antenna and become a bona fide office which accommodates a lot of 'working from home' ? ...wherever 'home' happens to be...What a great idea!
Yes some FBT type details for the novated lease are to be worked out by the accountant I am sure!

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:35 PM
Reaction score
View attachment 7800124
@DenisM I think now the bridge @ Fitzroy is now destroyed the GRR will be the main bypass early in the dry season before they can get it either fixed or find another alternate way across.
324089168_565113115479139_3522608247000399148_n.jpg

Tu Sugars

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Devastating floods. They reckon it will take years to fix a lot of it.
By then, I should be in a position to explore!
The Bridge at Fitzroy - for that to be knocked out is staggering, but the stoic nature of the lads up there... The sky was blue, the waters muddy but they still went fishing!
Two Chinooks and another unit popped into Kununurra for a loo stop. As the lad said - time to hustle up the Grenadier - but the old Landrover still does it...

Attachments

• IVANEHO - If a landy can, so can a Grenadier.mp4
    6.1 MB
  • kununurra ap.jpg
    kununurra ap.jpg
    410.5 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:35 PM
Reaction score
If they will offer them for the Grenadier for a reasonable price, why not.

Otherwise, you can buy aluminum coated bubble foil:

https://www.verpackungsteam.at/Verp...mit-ALU-metallisiert-4-lagig-230my::2546.html

I would make paper patterns and cut the foil to fit. The edges can either be sewed or sealed with a gaffer tape - including some magnets for mounting.

The question is, whether and where the Grenadier has a magnetic surface around the windows. That was by the way what I forgot a Krah + Enders: I wanted to take a magnet with me to test exactly this.

Otherwise, suction cups will do.

Here is a video (German but understandable in any language) of a diy version (there are many more). She failed with the alu/plastic comination and then changed to coated fabric, which is linked to under her video.

A company by the name of Solarscreens do something like this, they do them in Australia for most popular makes and for the large Winnebago type capers with large front windows - http://www.solarscreen.com.au/

Barney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
in der Nähe von Frankfurt a. M. Deutschland
A company by the name of Solarscreens do something like this, they do them in Australia for most popular makes and for the large Winnebago type capers with large front windows - http://www.solarscreen.com.au/
That’s it, but they don’t have it yet for the Grenadier.

PanoramaJJ

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hello from Germany.
I - for my person - don´t really like the "look" of the solarscreen ...

Most of my friends - and me, too - have buyed some from BLIDIMAX. You can choose almost every colour - in the outside the most are black, and inside - whatever you want: sand, orange, green... And not to forget: It is a very good quality.

You can get them for Defenders, for Toyotas - and I´m sure they will make some for the Ineos. BLIDIMAX are not cheap, but the price is okay.

SEE YOU! :cool:

Back
Top Bottom