The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What are your plans with the Grenadier?

Barney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:07 PM
Reaction score
in der Nähe von Frankfurt a. M. Deutschland
Hello from Germany.
I - for my person - don´t really like the "look" of the solarscreen ...

Most of my friends - and me, too - have buyed some from BLIDIMAX. You can choose almost every colour - in the outside the most are black, and inside - whatever you want: sand, orange, green... And not to forget: It is a very good quality.

You can get them for Defenders, for Toyotas - and I´m sure they will make some for the Ineos. BLIDIMAX are not cheap, but the price is okay.

SEE YOU! :cool:
Thanks for this information, I send them an email.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Most of my friends - and me, too - have buyed some from BLIDIMAX.
Good stuff, impressive prices. 790€ Euros for a 110 LR Defender complete black set. :oops:

I think my tailor will make me a custom set in my suit color for that price.

Screenshot_20230114_114034.png

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
9:07 PM
Reaction score
Thought I'd update our Grenadier plans here, as we get closer to finally getting it!

Good friend of mine is getting married in Italy (Amalfi) in June 2023, and we're hopefully going to drive down there from the UK for the wedding, accompanied by another couple in their heavily modified Jeep Wrangler JL. Afterwards, we're planning on crossing Italy to Bari, and getting the ferry to Durres in Albania. We were in Albania last year following a team competing in "Rally Albania", and promised ourselves we'd return in our own vehicle. With the Roof tents on, We're going to take the scenic route up into Montenegro, Bosnia, and finally Croatia, before heading back to the UK.

Hoping to get some good off-roading in with the Grenadier, and see how well we can keep up with the Jeep on 37s!

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hoping to get some good off-roading in with the Grenadier, and see how well we can keep up with the Jeep on 37s!
I was in Albania some 6 years ago. My mother was still alive. "What? You go to Albania? A lot of bandits there? Aren't you scared?". I answered: "Mom, all the Albanian bandits are here in our rich country, not anymore in Albania, nothing to steal there".
Fantastic country, horrible roads ;) , very nice people.

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I was in Albania some 6 years ago. My mother was still alive. "What? You go to Albania? A lot of bandits there? Aren't you scared?". I answered: "Mom, all the Albanian bandits are here in our rich country, not anymore in Albania, nothing to steal there".
When we were there last year, this opinion was shared by all the locals we spoke to! "all the bad eggs have moved west!"

We found the people very welcoming and the country beautiful. Saw lots of German over-landers there in all sorts of rigs.

Highlight of our trip there last year was the Valbone Valley national park. We stayed in a lovely log cabin and had freshly BBQ'd goat!

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
When we were there last year, this opinion was shared by all the locals we spoke to! "all the bad eggs have moved west!"

We found the people very welcoming and the country beautiful. Saw lots of German over-landers there in all sorts of rigs.

Highlight of our trip there last year was the Valbone Valley national park. We stayed in a lovely log cabin and had freshly BBQ'd goat!
We haven’t been to Albania. But it’s definitely on our list. Hearing positive reviews from others who have been is very inspiring 👍🏼

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
6:07 AM
Reaction score
My 1000th post here :D
Plans : Travelling to remote areas of Tasmania to find rare lepidoptera , dragonflies and damselflies
This evening , 10 minutes from home , some damselflies. This one isn't rare

D2a4best.JPG

Barney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
in der Nähe von Frankfurt a. M. Deutschland
I now have an answer from Blickdicht https://blidimax.de/start.html , I received a call. They are very interested, would send me a measurement set when my vehicle is there to trace the windows, they would then produce the window shading. So I'm supposed to take over the work for the company. Not very customer friendly on the phone...

Local time
Reaction score
I had some work in Europe, so we spent last summer in Slovenia. We loved it and are excited to go back, but we have also been talking about Albania - despite the reputation for bandits! Maybe I could send you a private message and ask some questions?

Plans with the Grenadier: it would be amazing if they offered North American customers a European delivery option (like BMW, Volvo, and some other European brands used to do). We would pick up the car in Hambach and tour Europe, visiting friends and doing some climbing in Chamonix and Switzerland. Then through northern Italy into Slovenia, and then down the coast: Croatia, Montenegro, Albania, Greece.

Local time
Reaction score
I had some work in Europe, so we spent last summer in Slovenia. We loved it and are excited to go back, but we have also been talking about Albania - despite the reputation for bandits! Maybe I could send you a private message and ask some questions?

Plans with the Grenadier: it would be amazing if they offered North American customers a European delivery option (like BMW, Volvo, and some other European brands used to do). We would pick up the car in Hambach and tour Europe, visiting friends and doing some climbing in Chamonix and Switzerland. Then through northern Italy into Slovenia, and then down the coast: Croatia, Montenegro, Albania, Greece.
As an add-on: Lake Bled is quite a well-known tourist attraction in Slovenia. There is a little island in the lake, on which there is a church (St. Mary's Church) with a coffee shop. On days that we both had to work, we would start our morning by running around the lake, and then we'd swim across the lake (about 1600 meters), pulling dry bags with shorts, a t-shirt, and a credit card; we'd dry off, have breakfast at the coffee shop, and then swim back. After a morning like that, it is easy to stare at a computer screen all afternoon. Just one of the many reasons we love Slovenia!

Bled Castle on the right, St. Mary's Church in the distance:

Bled.jpg

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:07 PM
Reaction score
As an add-on: Lake Bled is quite a well-known tourist attraction in Slovenia. There is a little island in the lake, on which there is a church (St. Mary's Church) with a coffee shop. On days that we both had to work, we would start our morning by running around the lake, and then we'd swim across the lake (about 1600 meters), pulling dry bags with shorts, a t-shirt, and a credit card; we'd dry off, have breakfast at the coffee shop, and then swim back. After a morning like that, it is easy to stare at a computer screen all afternoon. Just one of the many reasons we love Slovenia!

Bled Castle on the right, St. Mary's Church in the distance:

View attachment 7800744
Drive right across that b*tch - we know the Gren can do it! :sneaky:

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I now have an answer from Blickdicht https://blidimax.de/start.html , I received a call. They are very interested, would send me a measurement set when my vehicle is there to trace the windows, they would then produce the window shading. So I'm supposed to take over the work for the company. Not very customer friendly on the phone...
And for the next customer they have the measurements…

Back
Top Bottom