The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What are your plans with the Grenadier?

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:06 PM
Reaction score
You lucky Europeans!
Yes we are lucky to be so conveniently situated. All of Europe and onwards to Central Asia on our door step. And from Southern Spain many daily ferry crossings across to Morocco where the onward travel options are endless 😎

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My wife is not a camper, nor hiker, nor off road cyclist; actually she not really an "outdoors" type of person but she has agreed to the Grenny on the basis that she wants to "learn" to like these things - that I have been doing since I was 8 years old.

So - we have already planned our first few camping trips (4 - 5 days only) away in the car for late April, roof top tent with basics in the back as my forum friends above have mentioned. My kids (25 & 21) are lining up to do the same with their friends in the Grenny.
Brilliant. Hope your wife loves it. Then the great outdoors beckons for endless adventures 😎

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
12:06 AM
Reaction score
Back to the topic.

If delivery takes too long, I'll have to rethink my plans with the Grenadier. Where will I go?
Maybe (in that order) to the
  • Family doctor
  • Orthopedist
  • Physiotherapist
  • Ophthalmologist
  • Dentist
  • Urologist
  • Cardiologist
  • Pharmacy
... :unsure:

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Back to the topic.

If delivery takes too long, I'll have to rethink my plans with the Grenadier. Where will I go?
  • Family doctor
  • Orthopedist
  • Physiotherapist
  • Ophthalmologist
  • Dentist
  • Urologist
  • Cardiologist
  • Pharmacy
so that's the first day of ownership....

Clunster

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
I'm in a bit of a dilemma as the Grenadier might be surplus to requirements as the missus quite likes the agricultural Shogun I bought her as an interim horse trailer tower. I'll start looking at motorsport options for the thing if it starts getting dusty.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:06 PM
Reaction score
Back to the topic.

• Family doctor
  • Orthopedist
  • Physiotherapist
  • Ophthalmologist
  • Dentist
  • Urologist
  • Cardiologist
  • Pharmacy
...and what about the blonde neighbour?

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I imagine a drive from Chester to my home near Tarporley. Perhaps a drive along the A49 to Whitchurch returning via Nantwich and burning up a further 30 miles. Stop at the pub and discuss the benefits of low down torque. Drive home and a good clean before the school run on Monday. 😁

PanoramaJJ

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:06 AM
Reaction score
I have signed the contract. I hope I will get the car soon - in january oder february - I HOPE SO!

The Ineos will be my daily driver at first. For the next years I will make trips through europe. For the sahara tours I will take my good old toyota - so much dirt, so much sand, I won´t find in my new ineos during the first years. But then, after - perhaps - five years, I will take it to tunesia or to maroc, and then the Grenadier can show me what he can.

I love the toyota, because driving is without technical problems. And I like the look of the old defender. So I hope the Ineos will give me both - the look and the driving without problems. Otherwise I wouldn´t take such a horrible sum to buy a car. I am not rich, and I have never buyed a car for so much money.

Well, now I am 58, and I think: "Why should I wait?" A wise man once said to me (ten years ago): "Good, that You do it now. Don´t wait. I´ve seen many people, waiting for the rent, and to do things then - but they were no longer able to do things like traveling - and some of then died before."

So I do it now. I´m not waiting. Today is the day - the hell knows what will be tomorrow. Let us do crazy things, and let us have fun with ist. Let us drive an Ineos Grenadier. And smile....

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:06 AM
Reaction score
Back to the topic.

• Family doctor
  • Orthopedist
  • Physiotherapist
  • Ophthalmologist
  • Dentist
  • Urologist
  • Cardiologist
  • Pharmacy
Are these all long trips emax/

I recall you saying that your Grenadier will not be for the "milk run" to the shops

Clunster

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Back to the topic.

• Family doctor
  • Orthopedist
  • Physiotherapist
  • Ophthalmologist
  • Dentist
  • Urologist
  • Cardiologist
  • Pharmacy
wow, I didn't think the Recaro seats were that uncomfortable.

Local time
4:06 PM
Reaction score
First of all, after 40 years of being too sensible to buy an old Series 3 or Defender 110, I'm finally becoming unreasonable as I retire soon. ?

The house is paid, my son is grown, the jobs are more or less done, and my 22 year old, rusty Mercedes needs a successor.

I want the Grenadier as a comfortable everyday car but above all as a touring car for me and my wife. From Scotland to Sicily, from Greece to Iceland and from Spain to the North Cap - all over the continent. I expect it to be comfortable, with sufficient power and a perfect view of all the landscapes we hope to discover. I still have to convince my wife, but I am optimistic.

I will fit an Engel fridge, a heating, and a roof tent. A kitchen box which I can put outside or pull out on rails. The usual camping stuff. Two comfortable chairs and a table, some boxes or compartments for clothes and utensils of all kind - and of course a grill. A compressor, winch equipment and the like. And of course some extra lights outside, front, back and sides and an awning. If there is space enough, a solar panel and a second battery makes sense, as well as a water tank. My KaBar(s), the Swiss Multitool, a saw and an axe will of course accompany us.

We will not drive technically, just some green laning and moderate offroad trails, nothing spectacular. But offroad enough to justify a Grenadier, though always on the safe side: At almost 65 years old, I no longer have to prove anything.

The roof tent shall not be our only home. If we feel so, we will go to a hotel or a guesthouse. Whatever fits best depending on the weather, the camping site and our sentiment. I don't think that we will be hardcore overlanders. But travelers for sure. And the roof tent shall give us some independence.

It will take some time to find the right equipment and until third-party outfitters will be ready with Grenadier parts. But after 40 years of waiting that's not a problem.

That's the idea. :)

So what are your ideas?
That sounds like a brilliant way to retire. I hope your wife agrees! Good luck!

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have signed the contract. I hope I will get the car soon - in january oder february - I HOPE SO!

The Ineos will be my daily driver at first. For the next years I will make trips through europe. For the sahara tours I will take my good old toyota - so much dirt, so much sand, I won´t find in my new ineos during the first years. But then, after - perhaps - five years, I will take it to tunesia or to maroc, and then the Grenadier can show me what he can.

I love the toyota, because driving is without technical problems. And I like the look of the old defender. So I hope the Ineos will give me both - the look and the driving without problems. Otherwise I wouldn´t take such a horrible sum to buy a car. I am not rich, and I have never buyed a car for so much money.

Well, now I am 58, and I think: "Why should I wait?" A wise man once said to me (ten years ago): "Good, that You do it now. Don´t wait. I´ve seen many people, waiting for the rent, and to do things then - but they were no longer able to do things like traveling - and some of then died before."

So I do it now. I´m not waiting. Today is the day - the hell knows what will be tomorrow. Let us do crazy things, and let us have fun with ist. Let us drive an Ineos Grenadier. And smile....
well said sir!

Bushguide

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
One of the first trips will be into Arnhem Land in Northern Australia filming the old Fort Wellington location at Raffles Bay. This filming is involved with the early Dutch settlement in Australia (1708) before Cook sailed up the East coast. (See the second series of Bush Tucker Man episode titled The Dutch Settlement).An exploring party bumped into the survivors of the Dutch shipwreck down near Alice Springs in 1832, and a journal extract was published in the Leeds Mercury in 1834. That exploring party first landed at Raffles Bay NT.

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
One of the first trips will be into Arnhem Land in Northern Australia filming the old Fort Wellington location at Raffles Bay. This filming is involved with the early Dutch settlement in Australia (1708) before Cook sailed up the East coast. (See the second series of Bush Tucker Man episode titled The Dutch Settlement).An exploring party bumped into the survivors of the Dutch shipwreck down near Alice Springs in 1832, and a journal extract was published in the Leeds Mercury in 1834. That exploring party first landed at Raffles Bay NT.
How many Grenadiers do you think you will need?...mine comes with driver... ;)

Bushguide

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
How many Grenadiers do you think you will need?...mine comes with driver... ;)
Max It would have been a good project for Ineos Grenadier to pick up on, but I don't think they are into that sort of thing. After the Top End filming we go down into the Centre where the Dutch were located. You can actually see on Google Earth where they constructed Dutch polders in Central Australia would you believe. Each square of the polders is 9m x9m. If your interested in the detail I can direct you to it on my website? I have attached a photo of the slipway through the coral up at Raffles Bay cut there in 1829 so the wooden long boats didnt bash themselves to bits when ashore.

Attachments

• Raffles Bay boat landing.jpg
    Raffles Bay boat landing.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 30
Back
Top Bottom