The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What are these wire?

NoAge Hunter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:03 AM
Reaction score
Hi together,
does somebody knows what these wires are? They do go to the back of the car and before I start ripping it all apart I thought somebody here has an idea….
Thanks in advance.
IMG_3071.jpeg

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

NoAge Hunter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
They are for the seat belts warnings.
Jean- thank you very much. I guess you really know each wire in the car! 😉 Very impressive Sir! Again- thanks.
I am looking for a short way to get power to the backside of the backrest. The one power outlet in the boot is a bit insufficient. Will look further than….

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Jean- thank you very much. I guess you really know each wire in the car! 😉 Very impressive Sir! Again- thanks.
I am looking for a short way to get power to the backside of the backrest. The one power outlet in the boot is a bit insufficient. Will look further than….
I see they didn't replace yet the "out" screw of your SmartPass (the one with the red triangle) by a dummy plastic one. I give you the advice to remove it before going to your dealer if you want to keep it!

NoAge Hunter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I see they didn't replace yet the "out" screw of your SmartPass (the one with the red triangle) by a dummy plastic one. I give you the advice to remove it before going to your dealer if you want to keep it!
Jean- as you can tell I am not an electrical ing. 😂 Could I use that „out“ with the red triangle as a power source for the boot?

So - I have to bring the car for the 20.000 inspection next werk and will take out the screw as per your advice.
However, why should they renove the screw and replace it by a plastic dummy? One could simply put a new screw in after they removed it…..or do I get you wrong? 🤔👍😂
Thanks again for your thoughts Sir
Michael

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
We
Jean- as you can tell I am not an electrical ing. 😂 Could I use that „out“ with the red triangle as a power source for the boot?

So - I have to bring the car for the 20.000 inspection next werk and will take out the screw as per your advice.
However, why should they renove the screw and replace it by a plastic dummy? One could simply put a new screw in after they removed it…..or do I get you wrong? 🤔👍😂
Thanks again for your thoughts Sir
Michael
What happens is that, although the Smartpass is designed for it, Ineos doesn't want users to use it as a power source. Don't ask me why, they never gave a decent explanation.

Some people have used for powering devices without any problem.

This has been discussed a lot last year between May and July. If you want to see some of the discussions search the posts of @DCPU concerning the Smartpass.

NoAge Hunter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Jean,
I have seen these discussions. Thnaks. I just thought (and hoped) that I missed the point WHY Ineos does not want it.

Well Sir- if YOU do not know why and there is no decent explanation by Ineos I will wait until inspection is done and use the „out“ for what it is designed by CTEK.
Always valuable „talking“ to you.
Michael

Back
Top Bottom