The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

(The battery and monitor thread )Car dead in the middle of the woods

das mo

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:21 AM
Reaction score
Hi all.

Car is dead.

Battery was at 50% 2 hours back.
We now packed all together and car does not start.

Is there an Ineos support hotline I can call on a Sunday?

Thanks

Last edited:

das mo

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Sir Jean,
I did found the app you described. Now a - maybe silly- question: How do you connect the mobil phone/app with the car so that it is getting information regarding the battery status?
🤔 I guess I misunderstood something… ?! 😂😂🤔
You did buy and installed the monitors?

This is the app.

IMG_0330.jpeg

Vote:
Upvote 0

froggy

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I went to Spain in the autumn with 45 litre Engel fridge plugged in rear 12v wild camping and driving a bit most days no problems never went below 65%, but since I have been back and don’t use car much it keeps going down. Left it for 2 weeks and it was down to zero but still started fine I guess with second battery. Last week I thought I would take it out for a run it was back up to 70% but then the whole dash lit up and lights came on and no indicators so it has now gone away on a flatbed. Now waiting for a control box and possibly new wiper motor, can’t get a lot of sense from dealer.

Vote:
Upvote 0

NoAge Hunter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Vote:
Upvote 0

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:21 PM
Reaction score
Interesting finding after I picked up my Gren from software update and smaller checks yesterday: dealer had so seal tue consumer output of the Smartpass as it is not meant to be used according to Ineos.

View attachment 7840445

As this is exactly where I planned to connect the fridge to this summer, I wonder what the right way is to connect consumers…

On a positive note: my drive home yesterday was my first trip ever without pings and pings and all those error messages.
Without some communication from Ineos, perhaps it is related to this safety notice from Ctek where some standoff plates are added and the consumer out downrated from 80 to 50amps.
https://www.ctek.com/product-safety-notice-smartpass - of course this might be just a coincidence....

Vote:
Upvote 0

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
6:21 PM
Reaction score
Interesting finding after I picked up my Gren from software update and smaller checks yesterday: dealer had so seal tue consumer output of the Smartpass as it is not meant to be used according to Ineos.

View attachment 7840445

As this is exactly where I planned to connect the fridge to this summer, I wonder what the right way is to connect consumers…

On a positive note: my drive home yesterday was my first trip ever without pings and pings and all those error messages.
Thread here 'You now can’t use the Smartpass consumer output' https://www.theineosforum.com/threads/you-now-can’t-use-the-smartpass-consumer-output.12413348/

Vote:
Upvote 0

Pessimal

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:21 AM
Reaction score
Got my car back from service yesterday, when I parked battery was at 85%, today Battery was at 61% also I noticed a faint high pitched electronic whine under the car before checking the charge just now. Sadly it had already stopped after unlocking the car and checking the battery otherwise I would have tried locating

Vote:
Upvote 0

das mo

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My dealer suggested to chose the auto light over the headlights always on setting I chose for a year. He has the feeling that always on kind of sucks voltage while parking. Not statistically proven, but doing this and having software update installed, I am only using 0,1 V per day when not driving. Compared to up to 10% per day before.

Vote:
Upvote 0

Pessimal

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:21 AM
Reaction score
My dealer suggested to chose the auto light over the headlights always on setting I chose for a year. He has the feeling that always on kind of sucks voltage while parking. Not statistically proven, but doing this and having software update installed, I am only using 0,1 V per day when not driving. Compared to up to 10% per day before.
In my case Headlights were set in "off" position. Car was locked over night

Vote:
Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom