The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

(The battery and monitor thread )Car dead in the middle of the woods

das mo

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:20 AM
Reaction score
Hi all.

Car is dead.

Battery was at 50% 2 hours back.
We now packed all together and car does not start.

Is there an Ineos support hotline I can call on a Sunday?

Thanks

Last edited:

WhiteBear

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My car has the new software and my impression is also that the car uses much power when not in use. I am not shure yet how much because the Victron loader is installed and switched on while me trying out the display and installing different parts. Have to investigate it now.

Vote:
Upvote 0

Tomdoc

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:20 AM
Reaction score
Just to add a thought - be aware that the over head "PWR" switch if left on can cause a draw even when parked up and engine off - obviously it is used to switch power to the outlets but don't forget to turn it off when not needed. It will draw down the battery especially if you have stuff plugged in!

Vote:
Upvote 0

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just to add a thought - be aware that the over head "PWR" switch if left on can cause a draw even when parked up and engine off - obviously it is used to switch power to the outlets but don't forget to turn it off when not needed. It will draw down the battery especially if you have stuff plugged in!
Curious, surely it wouldn't cause a power drain if there is nothing plugged into the outlets, or are you suggesting it energises something else??

Vote:
Upvote 0

Tomdoc

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It has its own draw (albeit tiny) and was mentioned in the manual as a potential cause of battery drain - still cannot fathom why the outlets are not powered by the auxiliary battery where fitted. Its even mentioned in that handy aide memoire that @Highwayman helpfully posted recently.

1697372383027.png

Vote:
Upvote 0

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@Jean Mercier somewhere in your App of the Monitor is a possibility to export the data to .csv file. The app will not do automatically .
yes I provide in September a file to @emax . In the meantime I have investigate with the china tool and the Ineos SOC value, that something uses a lot of power, when the car is locked and not used for a few days. Hopefully it’s solved with the SW Update
Perhaps I don't have the same app, because I don't find it. My app is called "Battery Monitor" and has red V as a symbol (almost the Grenadier logo upside down) in a red dashed circle.
I also looked in the system files of my phone, and don't find them.

In my car I don't have the impression that the something is using a lot of power. The voltage dropped from 12.73V to 12.63V in 3 days, with some door openings in between.
I can live with that.

Vote:
Upvote 0

AlanJ

Production/Transit
Local time
10:20 AM
Reaction score
Car running ok.
Engine warning light on though and cruise control stopped working.
Ideas?

Hi it was a while back but can i ask if you found the cause and solution to this problem?

Thanks.

Vote:
Upvote 0

Bobby Mac

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Car running ok.
Engine warning light on though and cruise control stopped working.
Ideas?
I’ve just had the same thing for a couple of weeks (orange engine light and no cruise) - seemed to be operating fine otherwise - I don’t know if it was just coincidence or what I did was the way to stop it, but I was off road and decided to test out the centre diff lock. I drove for a while and then disengaged the centre diff lock. When I did that, the engine light went out and cruise worked again‼️ 🤷‍♂️.

Vote:
Upvote 0

AlanJ

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve just had the same thing for a couple of weeks (orange engine light and no cruise) - seemed to be operating fine otherwise - I don’t know if it was just coincidence or what I did was the way to stop it, but I was off road and decided to test out the centre diff lock. I drove for a while and then disengaged the centre diff lock. When I did that, the engine light went out and cruise worked again‼️ 🤷‍♂️.
Thanks for this, as it happens it probably appeared after I did engage the centre diff lock.

I will try it out and see next time I am on the dirt

Vote:
Upvote 0

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Last week my car was parked for eight days. Because of the stories in the forum I checked the battery status. It was down to 7 %
I got all the old warnings again and my cockpit looked like a Christmas tree.
I charged it and drove some three hundred kilometres the next day.
The battery came up to 66 %, which appeared not high. The next day it miraculously showed 91%…
The warning went nearly all away but the emergency call system still doesn’t work.
A battery drain from full to 7% in 8 days seems very odd. Maybe that’s the reason the want to exchange something within the battery system of my car.

Vote:
Upvote 0

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
2 weeks away - battery went from 85>83%
I've put in on the charger and after a couple of hours it's says FUL.
Ineos screen gauge says 90%
Suggests a calibration issue.
Ours reported 100% charge for the first time today, after several long days of driving (previous max 94%). Peculiar.

Vote:
Upvote 0

OzyGrenie

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I haven't driven the vehicle for a week :rolleyes: so I checked the voltage between the charging post and the closest earth: 12.5V or ~70%
I connected a new Victron 15Amp smart charger ...took about 1 hr 50 mins to register the "green light" float status. I let it settle then checked the voltage again after 10 mins with two different multimeters. One registered 12.59V, the other 12.60V. ...say about 80%. I would have expected higher. I didn't have time to check the battery status on the main display.
Just wondering did you also install the VICTRON 200 amp SHUNT (for monitoring Auxiliary Battery via Phone app that CTEK doesn't, its app is pathetic at best ), or does the Victron 15 amp charger have Bluetooth? VICTRON includes Solar Panel input.
I know the VICTRON series also separates Starter from Auxiliary battery, and supports starter for backup cranking etc. same as factory CTEK 120s. For additional accessories are you intending installing a seperate FUSE box (like Air Pump, Fridge, water pump, auxiliary fuel bladder/s pump, etc,) then fitting additional outlets around vehicle such as 50amp Anderson plug/socket?

Vote:
Upvote 0

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just wondering did you also install the VICTRON 200 amp SHUNT (for monitoring Auxiliary Battery via Phone app that CTEK doesn't, its app is pathetic at best ), or does the Victron 15 amp charger have Bluetooth? VICTRON includes Solar Panel input.
I know the VICTRON series also separates Starter from Auxiliary battery, and supports starter for backup cranking etc. same as factory CTEK 120s. For additional accessories are you intending installing a seperate FUSE box (like Air Pump, Fridge, water pump, auxiliary fuel bladder/s pump, etc,) then fitting additional outlets around vehicle such as 50amp Anderson plug/socket?
No to all at present. The Victron Smart Charger (Blue Smart IP65) is a mains operated multi-stage charger which caters for LiFeP04, sealed lead acid, AGM etc. I have left the IG system alone.
I assembled a DIY design battery box (from a Bunnings metal first aid wall cabinet) which contains a Victron 500A shunt and a smart meter (BMV712) . Apart from assorted (properly fused) multiple outlets, it incorporates a Projecta 25A DC-DC Li charger and a 500w inverter. I have used it previously to power a 100AH LiFeP04 battery (soon to be increased to 2 x 100AH) from either a "Smart alternator" or solar.
I also recently bought a D250 Ctek on special for the Grenadier but am not inclined to include that in the IG at present until I know more regarding the uncertainty re. the current setup.
The separate Li battery pack handles most camping and around the home requirements: ...fridge/lights/occasional compressor duty for a second car etc.

Vote:
Upvote 0

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
When you are putting it on the charger where are you connecting it? I have tried using the jump start terminal under the bonnet. It looks like it is working. When I first attach it it shows the battery partially charged, I go away and come back and the charger shows battery fully charged but I check with the Grenadier battery screen and it shows no change in charge state.

Vote:
Upvote 0

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I seem to remember using the jump start terminal plus an earth to the radiator..
A second time I used the positive terminal of the auxiliary battery and a common earth in the battery compartment.... the main battery was too difficult to access in the limited time I had... That seemed to be a more "efficient" approach. I still haven't fully come to grips with the "system"

Vote:
Upvote 0

das mo

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Last week my car was parked for eight days. Because of the stories in the forum I checked the battery status. It was down to 7 %
I got all the old warnings again and my cockpit looked like a Christmas tree.
I charged it and drove some three hundred kilometres the next day.
The battery came up to 66 %, which appeared not high. The next day it miraculously showed 91%…
The warning went nearly all away but the emergency call system still doesn’t work.
A battery drain from full to 7% in 8 days seems very odd. Maybe that’s the reason the want to exchange something within the battery system of my car.
Mine is still losing 10% per day when not driving. Something is off and I might have to have batteries exchanged.

Still scary that every car seems to show different behaviours.

Vote:
Upvote 0

das mo

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Interesting finding after I picked up my Gren from software update and smaller checks yesterday: dealer had so seal tue consumer output of the Smartpass as it is not meant to be used according to Ineos.

IMG_0329.jpeg

As this is exactly where I planned to connect the fridge to this summer, I wonder what the right way is to connect consumers…

On a positive note: my drive home yesterday was my first trip ever without pings and pings and all those error messages.

Vote:
Upvote 0

Jackattack13

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:20 PM
Reaction score
Interesting finding after I picked up my Gren from software update and smaller checks yesterday: dealer had so seal tue consumer output of the Smartpass as it is not meant to be used according to Ineos.

View attachment 7840445

As this is exactly where I planned to connect the fridge to this summer, I wonder what the right way is to connect consumers…

On a positive note: my drive home yesterday was my first trip ever without pings and pings and all those error messages.
That is interesting, as it doesn't seem that there is any other real way to power directly off the aux battery without hooking directly to the battery post. I am wondering what would cause them to cap it off and say its not unusable. A little context for this update would be nice from the manufacturer. And if you do pop the cap off and use it, does it now void your warranty?

Vote:
Upvote 0

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:20 PM
Reaction score
That is interesting, as it doesn't seem that there is any other real way to power directly off the aux battery without hooking directly to the battery post. I am wondering what would cause them to cap it off and say its not unusable. A little context for this update would be nice from the manufacturer. And if you do pop the cap off and use it, does it now void your warranty?
Search. There are multiple threads regarding this matter. I’m on my phone ATM and it’s easier to search on a comp.

Vote:
Upvote 0

NoAge Hunter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Perhaps I don't have the same app, because I don't find it. My app is called "Battery Monitor" and has red V as a symbol (almost the Grenadier logo upside down) in a red dashed circle.
I also looked in the system files of my phone, and don't find them.

In my car I don't have the impression that the something is using a lot of power. The voltage dropped from 12.73V to 12.63V in 3 days, with some door openings in between.
I can live with that.
Hi Sir Jean,
I did found the app you described. Now a - maybe silly- question: How do you connect the mobil phone/app with the car so that it is getting information regarding the battery status?
🤔 I guess I misunderstood something… ?! 😂😂🤔

Vote:
Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom