The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Roll Call (Western North America)

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
7:38 AM
Reaction score
For those of us reservation holders in a common geographical area (Los Angeles in my case), is there true power in forming a buying alliance to overcome any potential dealer shenanigans? I’m thinking that we’ll all probably have one common dealer to work with and a block of buyers not putting up with any markups would be advantageous; we just all say that we’re members of this forum/“club”. This, of course, is just preemptive thinking.

This has been touched on quite a few times.

Once the price has been announced and how the dealers are instructed to sell to the order holders and any restrictions or recommendations have been established then I'm sure there will be a group buy by region.

Its a very good point, lets see what rolls out first and give the new sales model some air to breathe, if we don't like the taste then lets talk group buys :)

ADVer

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Steve
Grass Valley
California

Just made my reservation this morning so late to the party, but optimistic that this will work out for all of us, and looking forward to crossing paths with some of you on the trails or in the backcountry!

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Dirtfish has lots of room, but they won't allow another entity to build obstacles and such. Dirtfish can setup a myriad of courses by linking their areas together, but their property is setup mainly for higher speed driving, not slow speed mudholes, woops, hills, etc. That being said, the Avants group has used the Dirtfish property for some "offroad" events and from the pics I've seen, there happened to be some really muddy areas due to previous rains. And believe me, the sloppy mud/gravel mix is almost like a wet cement mix. My truck must have lost 150lbs after I power washed it after 3 weekends driving thru Dirtfish property.
They update the event listing. it will be held at dirt fish. Reservation is not open yet.

Local time
Reaction score
They update the event listing. it will be held at dirt fish. Reservation is not open yet.
Interesting. But there are NO usable slopes or hills or obstacles at Dirtfish. It's a flat gravel rally course. And I can't imagine DF is going to allow their graders to develop such obstacles.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Interesting. But there are NO usable slopes or hills or obstacles at Dirtfish. It's a flat gravel rally course. And I can't imagine DF is going to allow their graders to develop such obstacles.
I'm thinking they bring in cargo containers and they build slopes like they did for some of the EU visits.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I'm thinking they bring in cargo containers and they build slopes like they did for some of the EU visit

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
@jeremy_matrix It took me a while to find it but I remember when the new Defender was launched, a reviewer took it to Dirtfish. Start at 8:20 and he is taking it on more offroad trails.
View: https://youtu.be/ruvPUq73Lr4

Last edited:

MurphyMurph

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
@jeremy_matrix It took me a while to find it but I remember when the new Defender was launched, a reviewer took it to Dirtfish. Start at 8:20 and he is taking it on more offroad trails.
Those drive by shots were filmed next to the mill pond that Dirt Fish Rally school is next to. The site used to be a Weyerhaeuser lumber mill. Pretty much my backyard over there😃.

Local time
Reaction score

Copy thx. IIRC the Dirtfish site is ~300acres, so more than possibly visible from the rally courses I've taken there, but overall, not a lot of usable elevation gain (they have slopes, but they're really forested). Will be interesting to see what course they have setup for us.

Who else is signed up for 5/11-5/12 at Dirtfish? Spots filled up within 24hrs; I snagged a 5/12 am spot, and a client is in the group behind me. Really looking forward to this!!

Local time
Reaction score
Also booked the last time slot on Friday. Can’t wait!

ADVer

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Wasn't sure where to post this, so thought I'd toss it in here since this is the Western US/Canada crowd. As far as use cases once we all get our IG's, I highly recommend the Backcountry Discovery Routes (BDR's) that you can get details, maps, and .GPX files for at ridebdr.com. They also just teamed up with Gaia GPS, so if you have a subscription you can overlay the routes. No affiliation, but if you are not familiar with BDR's, they are primarily off-road routes that run the length of several states, including Oegon, Wyoming, California, New Mexico, Arizona, Utah, Nevada, Idaho, Colorado, and Washington. They are set up for Adventure motorcycles and dual-sports, but very appropriate for 4X4's. They are split up into sections, each section taking about a day, with dispersed camping along the way, or you can pop out into small towns for lodging if you prefer. I've done a few so far on bikes and in vehicles, and plan on completing them all once I get the IG.

Back
Top Bottom