The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Western Australian Chapter

Zacman110

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:59 PM
Reaction score
Yeah, the closest i got to driving one was the display model, moving it backwards and forwards in the showroom and move the steering wheel around, Sherwin did say he will notify everyone when it is available to drive (y)
:cool:
I mean, not much point as they’ve got me locked in after signing a contract - but hopefully they let me take it for a nip out on the road to build anticipation!

Nocrays

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I mean, not much point as they’ve got me locked in after signing a contract - but hopefully they let me take it for a nip out on the road to build anticipation!
Yep. I’ve just awaiting an error to be fixed on my contract and should be signed up next week.
Just too late by looks of it.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just going to gauge peoples thoughts/interest on doing the CSR in 2024 as a group or few vehicles? anyone keen? Should garner some interest from international owners no doubt as it's deemed to be one of the most remote tracks worldwide

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I missed the drive days to, so i will be eager to get up to perf for a test drive. Any idea what variant he has as a demo?
Nothing arrived as yet, I was told there will be 2 drivable vehicles, one will obviously be a diesel the other, possibly a petrol, I'd say min spec would be Trialmaster but that's a guess

Nocrays

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Just going to gauge peoples thoughts/interest on doing the CSR in 2024 as a group or few vehicles? anyone keen? Should garner some interest from international owners no doubt as it's deemed to be one of the most remote tracks
I’d be keen but 2024 is already pretty full for me.

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just going to gauge peoples thoughts/interest on doing the CSR in 2024 as a group or few vehicles? anyone keen? Should garner some interest from international owners no doubt as it's deemed to be one of the most remote tracks worldwide
Certainly feasible @MrMike and on my list as well. Plus it may get a bit of IA corporate marketing interest if the timing worked and approach engaged them.
That said a less arduous shake down trip would be in order first….. if only to get a handle on fuel consumption.
Cheers
Steve

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Certainly feasible @MrMike and on my list as well. Plus it may get a bit of IA corporate marketing interest if the timing worked and approach engaged them.
That said a less arduous shake down trip would be in order first….. if only to get a handle on fuel consumption.
Cheers
Steve
Yes, Definitely, Holland Track is my first stop when it arrives in August (hopefully) then GCR or Connie Sue

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, Definitely, Holland Track is my first stop when it arrives in August (hopefully) then GCR or Connie Sue
For me Helena Aurora Ranges, Die Hardie ranges and then lake Ballard. But timing depends on when the vehicle arrives. Magic indicated late June. I’m expecting July but it could well be later.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
For me Helena Aurora Ranges, Die Hardie ranges and then lake Ballard. But timing depends on when the vehicle arrives. Magic indicated late June. I’m expecting July but it could well be later.
Helena and Aurora Ranges has been on my list also, my Grenadier may not be available when we head that way mid winter unfortunately.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything about the deliverys being delayed due to non compliance issues?

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
There's a rumour on one of the FB channels about side indicators.... but there was also a link in the same post to the Aust Govt web page which indicated that the grenadier had compliance approval. If it is true (and I have a healthy sceptism of facebook post accuracy) then my unfounded speculation is that the wrong part was fitted at the factory and they are being replaced with the correct part here.

PS it could also be related to what Toyota have done with the MY23 70 series side indicators where they needed to be bigger because the vehicle GVM is now >3.5t

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
There's a rumour on one of the FB channels about side indicators.... but there was also a link in the same post to the Aust Govt web page which indicated that the grenadier had compliance approval. If it is true (and I have a healthy sceptism of facebook post accuracy) then my unfounded speculation is that the wrong part was fitted at the factory and they are being replaced with the correct part here.

PS it could also be related to what Toyota have done with the MY23 70 series side indicators where they needed to be bigger because the vehicle GVM is now >3.5t
Similar to what they do to the 200s when they have a GVM upgrade, they put those ugly indicators on them.

Zacman110

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Mm yes looks quite different!

Attachments

• 3EA56078-E23B-48F8-8979-3D87B6BFB7E8.jpeg
    3EA56078-E23B-48F8-8979-3D87B6BFB7E8.jpeg
    300.8 KB · Views: 22
  • ED2CFA24-D536-42A4-BD36-E42596A6EF05.jpeg
    ED2CFA24-D536-42A4-BD36-E42596A6EF05.jpeg
    53.3 KB · Views: 22

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:59 PM
Reaction score
So is this a direct result of the additional 50kg added to the GVM?

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So I got a candid confirmation re indicators as the hold up for registration from someone in the DOT. Apparently it should be sorted soon. 🤞

Back
Top Bottom