The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Western Australian Chapter

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:03 AM
Reaction score
So....I was fortunate to drive one of the first delivered IGs in Australia today.

Can confirm what others have said, build quality is A1 but the thing I was most impressed by is the road holding and ride.
Steering....slow to turn when you're going slow and weighty but not heavy if that makes sense but a nice feel. And on the road at 100klms it's fantastic. Great touring vehicle.

Off road it's sure footed and there is some difference between off road mode and not in throttle response I felt (owner confirmed this) on tracks and articled surfaces there was no lurching and it feels well planted not like my 200 LC.

The hump (left foot) honestly....its a non issue for me. BTH it wasn't until I finished the drive and looked down that I thought....oh...yeah it's there.

Big thanks to the owner for the opportunity 🙏

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:03 PM
Reaction score
So....I was fortunate to drive one of the first delivered IGs in Australia today.

Can confirm what others have said, build quality is A1 but the thing I was most impressed by is the road holding and ride.
Steering....slow to turn when you're going slow and weighty but not heavy if that makes sense but a nice feel. And on the road at 100klms it's fantastic. Great touring vehicle.

Off road it's sure footed and there is some difference between off road mode and not in throttle response I felt (owner confirmed this) on tracks and articled surfaces there was no lurching and it feels well planted not like my 200 LC.

The hump (left foot) honestly....its a non issue for me. BTH it wasn't until I finished the drive and looked down that I thought....oh...yeah it's there.

Big thanks to the owner for the opportunity 🙏
Get him to join the forum

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Photos - or it really didn't happen...wink (no emojis)
I can't as I promised him I wouldn't mention his name. But he is only one of 2 in W.A and is on FB.
I can tell you what he didn't like....the key with the panic button in the middle, when you have it in your pocket and bend over or put your hand in it goes off, so he's getting another cut without said button. Scuff plates are too short.
The roo bar is now further away from the body (winner)
He has the same bar work as my order so nice to see it in real life.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I can't as I promised him I wouldn't mention his name. But he is only one of 2 in W.A and is on FB.
I can tell you what he didn't like....the key with the panic button in the middle, when you have it in your pocket and bend over or put your hand in it goes off, so he's getting another cut without said button. Scuff plates are too short.
Any electrical gremlins?

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Any electrical gremlins?
When I drove it, no. He was sort of surprised but said it seems to be getting better with age (1200klms)
He did a factory reset on the display (I'll let you know how to do it when I remember) which cleared up some issues. And the IA guys were all over it at the dealership yesterday sorting it out, he said that the display notifications are nothing to worry about, they are fixable, but the display in front of you if that has an issue it's real.
All in all he's really happy with it.
As I would be too!!

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It’s a shame you didn’t get a pic of that!!! Much further back?? How far do you reckon it’s in front of the body now?

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It’s a shame you didn’t get a pic of that!!! Much further back?? How far do you reckon it’s in front of the body now?
I could put 2 fat fingers between the body and the bar. So maybe 50mm? Nowhere near the slim single diget that I saw in the PTO vehicle

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Couple of other things that have come to mind after today, full roof rack isn't available ATM as the stainless gutter mount/support isn't available just yet, the back door, I was concerned with the way it might close inadvertently on me but it has an unusual friction that happens with the gas strut that holds it in place, if you get a chance have a go at it and let me know what you think.

There is a vibration at 1800rpm, this is from what I could tell, from the alloy heat shielding, had a look underneath and there is a few sqm of it, and as some have mentioned it can be bent to stop this vibration.

The way IA have set up payment you can't receive your IG until it's paid in full and won't issue an invoice/receipt until then, so financing your new purchase can't be done unless you have the cash BUT, this is about to change in a few (please don't quote me) weeks.
It seems they are working hard behind the scenes to keep this rolling👍🏼🤞

Last edited:

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Make him active! Briebes?
He's a busy man, he does FB but said he won't post a review "yet"
In time I'm sure he will. The other owner is currently towing a caravan not (sure of size) many klms so he may give a comprehensive review on that. One comment re towing was that it ate up the klms albeit @18lt/100

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks @MrMike for the update.. most encouraging! My albeit short interactions thus far with several of the team Justin H has selected gave me confidence to go ahead in the early days. Further reports here and there have only served to reinforce that confidence..
I'm surprised that one would immediately take to the road towing a van prior to putting a couple of thousand kms on the odometer to allow the engine to be "run in". Guess I'm old fashioned! (it's an age thing😜).. but jolly good luck to him!👍

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks @MrMike for the update.. most encouraging! My albeit short interactions thus far with several of the team Justin H has selected gave me confidence to go ahead in the early days. Further reports here and there have only served to reinforce that confidence..
I'm surprised that one would immediately take to the road towing a van prior to putting a couple of thousand kms on the odometer to allow the engine to be "run in". Guess I'm old fashioned! (it's an age thing😜).. but jolly good luck to him!👍
I too have the same concerns, but as you say- more to him!

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Any antenna mounts on the new bar?
Not on the bar that I saw, so I'm guessing that's a no. Unless they change that. It was definitely a different bar from the PTO one, not in design but construction

Last edited:

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The other owner is currently towing a caravan not (sure of size) many klms so he may give a comprehensive review on that. One comment re towing was that it ate up the klms albeit @18lt/100
That does not sound bad at all for such a new engine. My LC200 TTD drunk about 22lt/100 towing my 3tonne van. The V6 Amarok sits at about the 18lt/100 doing the same. Impressed at the Grenadier doing that already.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That does not sound bad at all for such a new engine. My LC200 TTD drunk about 22lt/100 towing my 3tonne van. The V6 Amarok sits at about the 18lt/100 doing the same. Impressed at the Grenadier doing that already.
Yes, it may be the engine tune or just the way the vehicle is set up, my LC200 gets 18s+ towing a small off road hybrid. Mates Prado gets 15s with the same van so I'm expecting around that but we shall see.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Apologies for the disjointed post....seat covers was another topic covered in our conversation yesterday.
After looking at them its a firm no and the owner agreed, the fit is, how can I put this politely...poor. Yes they do protect they are made from Cordura nylon, tough, yes, aibag compliment, yes, but they look average at best.

Back
Top Bottom