The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

water in passenger footwell (RHD vehicle)

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:58 PM
Reaction score
Jean - the contact/tape used on the door seals on the INEOS generally are pretty poor... mine come unstuck in 33c temperature in QLD here... I was able to push them back on at about 28c and they stayed there for now but come separated every time it gets to mid 30c here. A fix I will ask my dealer about.
Same here, heading off to tour next week - hoping they will have sourced a better adhesive upon my return. 😀

Javasipper

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:58 AM
Reaction score
I’ve had some water intrusion on my passenger footwell as well. Originally thought it was due to the safari windows so I carefully applied some electrical tape around the seals to eliminate any chances of water getting under them until I can get back to the dealer. Thought this fixed the problem but every now and then I’d have some water collecting again in the footwell. Figured it wasn’t 100% sealed at the safari window until my drive home last night in a heavy downpour. Now I’ve found the culprit, just need some guidance on how to fix (pics below). Water looks to be coming in though the interior AC cabin filter access vent and drips right down into the passenger footwell. Going to take off the access points under the hood to check out the area underneath but wanted to see if anyone else had something similar.

This only happens when driving in the rain. I’ve had the Grenadier sitting outside in some heavy downpour and it’s been completely dry. Makes me think it’s the driving that’s helping to force/guide the water into the air intake for the vents/AC.

For what it’s worth my dealer has been very receptive and willing to help, I’m just 3 hours away and want to wait for the tow hitch update before taking my car back in so we can knock everything out at once. Feel like this water leak could be an easy fix and I don’t mine doing it myself.

View attachment 7846365View attachment 7846366
I have the same water leak, same location. Only happens when driving in the rain. A good thing it "Never Rains in Oregon"... ;)

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Checking back through this thread, are two separate issues being mixed up here? Some people seem to be discussing water ingress (either via safari windows or door seals or through the firewall vent openings somewhere), but the OP and others are discussing AC condensate dripping internally form the HVAC system.

My issue is definitely AC condensate as it happens no matter what the weather is, sunny or rainy, and only when the AC is on and cooling. The dealer has had two goes at "fixing" it but it is worse than ever and I am about to rip out the carpet until they can provide a permanent fix. Can anyone else confirm they have had a working fix applied to the condensate issue?

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Checking back through this thread, are two separate issues being mixed up here? Some people seem to be discussing water ingress (either via safari windows or door seals or through the firewall vent openings somewhere), but the OP and others are discussing AC condensate dripping internally form the HVAC system.

My issue is definitely AC condensate as it happens no matter what the weather is, sunny or rainy, and only when the AC is on and cooling. The dealer has had two goes at "fixing" it but it is worse than ever and I am about to rip out the carpet until they can provide a permanent fix. Can anyone else confirm they have had a working fix applied to the condensate issue?
Hi @Solmanic
Definitely talking about multiple leaks through this and similar threads. I posted some comments on the A/C condensate issue and a future fix here.

Andiamo

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:58 AM
Reaction score
I have the same water leak, same location. Only happens when driving in the rain. A good thing it "Never Rains in Oregon"... ;)
I have my appointment set for the tow hitch install in another week and a half. Been waiting to take my car in until the hitch was ready. Going to have them also address the water leak from the cabin filter on the passenger side - anyone else had this addressed and fixed? Curious what the cause was found to be, hoping it’s a somewhat known fault in the dealer side so it can be fixed definitively.

TxGrenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:58 AM
Reaction score
I have my appointment set for the tow hitch install in another week and a half. Been waiting to take my car in until the hitch was ready. Going to have them also address the water leak from the cabin filter on the passenger side - anyone else had this addressed and fixed? Curious what the cause was found to be, hoping it’s a somewhat known fault in the dealer side so it can be fixed definitively.
Mine just got fixed by the dealer, it was a leak from the safari window (not sealed properly), the water was coming out of the camera enclosure behind the rear view mirror and it was dripping down the dash on the floor and console.

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:58 PM
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a fix for droplets of water on the passenger side floorwell next to the feet blower. As the weather is getting warmer, I discovered that my rubber mats are wet in this corner when the car isn’t used. I heard it was condensation from the AC pipe above in the dashboard. Has anyone had it fixed yet?

bbq4133

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a fix for droplets of water on the passenger side floorwell next to the feet blower. As the weather is getting warmer, I discovered that my rubber mats are wet in this corner when the car isn’t used. I heard it was condensation from the AC pipe above in the dashboard. Has anyone had it fixed yet?

Mine (LHD) had this and it was chalked up to faulty AC (specifically a tube that caused a leak). I have not noticed any condensation since the AC fix, but I also haven't really looked too closely since the fix.

bbq4133

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Ok. So used this as an excuse to wash the Grenadier! After removing the access panels (x1 10mm hex nut) this is what you see. Took pics of the AC switched between recirculating and outside air. Interesting to note that with the car switched to off it repositioned to the midway point.

Wondering if I’m missing a deflector if some sort to keep it from sucking water in while driving? Anyone else able to remove their panel to compare?

Last pic is from inside looking up at the filter. Plenty of light showing through with the cover off.

I think this explains some slight water intrusion after washing the truck yesterday, it being halfway, maybe the water just sat there?

Edit: maybe I'll just wash the truck with it on and recirculation on lol

Andiamo

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just figured I’d give this thread a friendly bump. Still having the same leak into the passenger footwell from the cabin vent. Dealer attempted to fix but not sure they understood exactly where it was coming from. Like most things there could be an easy fix. Pic below showing water drips just above/behind the glovebox and one from the outside of the car under the access cover -

Attachments

• IMG_1235.jpeg
    IMG_1235.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_1233.jpeg
    IMG_1233.jpeg
    928.3 KB · Views: 36

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just figured I’d give this thread a friendly bump. Still having the same leak into the passenger footwell from the cabin vent. Dealer attempted to fix but not sure they understood exactly where it was coming from. Like most things there could be an easy fix. Pic below showing water drips just above/behind the glovebox and one from the outside of the car under the access cover -
Under the access cover outside. You can clearly see the air filter. Shouldn’t this be sealed (flaps closed). Cabin filter would be soaking wet!!!

Andiamo

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Can someone take a pic and post what their cabin filter looks like? It’s just one 10mm nut to remove and two locking tabs to pop it off. Seems to be a rare occurrence so perhaps I’m missing an additional cover here. I checked to make sure the water drains from that area and it does. Only leaks when driving in the rain, perfectly dry when just sitting outside regardless of how hard it rains.

bbq4133

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Can someone take a pic and post what their cabin filter looks like? It’s just one 10mm nut to remove and two locking tabs to pop it off. Seems to be a rare occurrence so perhaps I’m missing an additional cover here. I checked to make sure the water drains from that area and it does. Only leaks when driving in the rain, perfectly dry when just sitting outside regardless of how hard it rains.

Do you hear anything behind the dash after rain? I have heard water twice now, I'm convinced it's the AC so now I'm just leaving it off when I park and hopefully that prevents any ponding.

Andiamo

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Do you hear anything behind the dash after rain? I have heard water twice now, I'm convinced it's the AC so now I'm just leaving it off when I park and hopefully that prevents any ponding.
It’s not the AC. The water comes in through the cabin exterior filter vent.

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Since the weather where we are is still mostly warm and requires having the AC cooling all the time, every drive still has condensate dripping into the passenger (LH) footwell. I have communicated at length with my dealer about when a fix for this will be available and the response was not great. According to them, the issue is with inadequate insulation of one of the coolant pipes that passes through the HVAC heater box. My dealer said they had been able to fix the issue on their own vehicles but this did require removal and refitting of the heater box (and a lot of the dash etc) and they would not be doing this on any customer vehicles as the labour is not covered by Ineos warranty until such time as they officially authorise the fix. They say the fix will most likely result in replacement of the entire heater box and Ineos is yet to provide an official solution. SO until that time, it will keep leaking and everything underneath will keep getting soaked. I have alerted them to the fact that I would expect the LH footwell carpet to therefore be replaced as part of this warranty fix when it becomes available. It's been wet constantly for about four months now and the longer Ineos delay in getting this fix sorted, the more likely there will be other items in the footwell that suffer from moisture ingress too.

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Since the weather where we are is still mostly warm and requires having the AC cooling all the time, every drive still has condensate dripping into the passenger (LH) footwell. I have communicated at length with my dealer about when a fix for this will be available and the response was not great. According to them, the issue is with inadequate insulation of one of the coolant pipes that passes through the HVAC heater box. My dealer said they had been able to fix the issue on their own vehicles but this did require removal and refitting of the heater box (and a lot of the dash etc) and they would not be doing this on any customer vehicles as the labour is not covered by Ineos warranty until such time as they officially authorise the fix. They say the fix will most likely result in replacement of the entire heater box and Ineos is yet to provide an official solution. SO until that time, it will keep leaking and everything underneath will keep getting soaked. I have alerted them to the fact that I would expect the LH footwell carpet to therefore be replaced as part of this warranty fix when it becomes available. It's been wet constantly for about four months now and the longer Ineos delay in getting this fix sorted, the more likely there will be other items in the footwell that suffer from moisture ingress too.
I had my heater box replaced once by the dealer trying to diagnose the high frequency fan speed 4 noise. Unfortunately this wasn’t the case. However, beware that once the dashboard has been dismantled, it’s never the same (depends on the mechanic I guess). I have my glove box area rattling like mad afterwards. So I resorted to dismantling and reassembling the dashboard myself with anti rattle tape. What I found was a loose bolt behind the glove box, one missing screw and a missing snap on fastener which clips the shiny black trim in place in the dashboard. Annoyed but I’ve fixed most of the rattles and I guess the dealer won’t admit to this. Don’t want to upset the dealer because it’s miles away for the next one.

All that testing they done. They should pay us for testing and finding teething issues.

Local time
Reaction score
I had my heater box replaced once by the dealer trying to diagnose the high frequency fan speed 4 noise. Unfortunately this wasn’t the case. However, beware that once the dashboard has been dismantled, it’s never the same (depends on the mechanic I guess). I have my glove box area rattling like mad afterwards. So I resorted to dismantling and reassembling the dashboard myself with anti rattle tape. What I found was a loose bolt behind the glove box, one missing screw and a missing snap on fastener which clips the shiny black trim in place in the dashboard. Annoyed but I’ve fixed most of the rattles and I guess the dealer won’t admit to this. Don’t want to upset the dealer because it’s miles away for the next one.

All that testing they done. They should pay us for testing and finding teething issues.
Why do we.always put up with poor service I don't .

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Mine still drips EVERY time the AC is on, over 28C and in high than average humidity. My wife gives me the "wtf is this again...." look every time it happens.

Back
Top Bottom