The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

water in passenger footwell (RHD vehicle)

Telliottaus

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:58 PM
Reaction score
Today, after heavy rain fall. I have water collected on the door sills. When I opened my drivers side door, some water came gushing out. However the interior is dry. I suspect that water is from the front roof gutter running down the edge of the doors which is fine by why does it collect inside on the sills.
I have this also, I was told it is a known issue and the are working on it. My drivers side door is also harder to close than the others, wonder if it is related to that

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:58 PM
Reaction score
I have this also, I was told it is a known issue and the are working on it. My drivers side door is also harder to close than the others, wonder if it is related to that
Perhaps it's collecting between the inner and outer seals...I occasionally have a similar issue with my Santa Fe which has a double seal arrangement similar to the Grenadier.

Telliottaus

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Perhaps it's collecting between the inner and outer seals...I occasionally have a similar issue with my Santa Fe which has a double seal arrangement similar to the Grenadier.
It is, I have a video of water running off the gutter, running down the A pillar and gushing out when I open the door.def not getting through the second seal thankfully

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:58 PM
Reaction score
I have this also, I was told it is a known issue and the are working on it. My drivers side door is also harder to close than the others, wonder if it is related to tha

The doors are harder to close when new. Give it a good slam. After a couple of hundred miles the door mechanism will bed in and be a lot easier to close. Also you will get used it depending on your previous car. Putting a little grease on the door latch will help improve this.

The outer seal on the door frame may not be stuck down properly or possibly come undone from the heat. So with a hair dryer or heat gun gently warm up the area and stick back down. Best to use some alcohol glasses wipes to wipe underneath where it has come undone beforehand. Works for me.

Telliottaus

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The doors are harder to close when new. Give it a good slam. After a couple of hundred miles the door mechanism will bed in and be a lot easier to close. Also you will get used it depending on your previous car. Putting a little grease on the door latch will help improve this.

The outer seal on the door frame may not be stuck down properly or possibly come undone from the heat. So with a hair dryer or heat gun gently warm up the area and stick back down. Best to use some alcohol glasses wipes to wipe underneath where it has come undone beforehand. Works for me.
Thanks, I'll have a look

Local time
9:58 AM
Reaction score
I've just experienced the wet-feet-on-opening experience. Only on the drivers side (RHD). No water inside at all though. If it is coming down the gutter at the front of the door then it must be getting past the seal, otherwise what is holding it in? and if it is getting inside the seal to pool at the bottom, how much would need to get in before it was above the level of the sill and thus into the footwell?

If it is not getting past the seal then I can't see why it is not just running out freely. My worry is really what happens when it freezes?
Quick fix for winter: wear steel toed boots

John Dean

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
It's been bone dry in the UK for the last few weeks - since I collected my Grenadier. Shale Blue Utility - rough and smooth packs.

Naturally I love it

A few of the silly error messages - power steering, transmission, airbag...all that nonsense, I can forgive for now and I just ignore it

Been back and forth 150 miles each way this weekend. Longest trip so far

Yesterday was very warm and dry. a fair bit of water had gathered in the passenger (left hand) footwell by the end of the journey. Aircon had been on and running well.

It seems to run down from the inside (ie towards the middle of the car) footwell and gather on the rubber mat. Maybe a teacup of water was there. Did the same again today on the way back, although there was some rain.

What could this be?

Mike

PS - only error messages on the long drive were TPMS related ones

I also managed to get the vehicle into Low Range which had been too stiff before, waited until everything was well warmed up
I have the TPMS issue as well, and I'm hoping the next software update will fix that. I also have water on the passenger side floor, my car was stationary, and I believe it was on the side of prevailing rain, my assumption is that the window seal failed and water came inside the door and was trapped there by the door seals.

Arlette

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I've just experienced the wet-feet-on-opening experience. Only on the drivers side (RHD). No water inside at all though. If it is coming down the gutter at the front of the door then it must be getting past the seal, otherwise what is holding it in? and if it is getting inside the seal to pool at the bottom, how much would need to get in before it was above the level of the sill and thus into the footwell?

If it is not getting past the seal then I can't see why it is not just running out freely. My worry is really what happens when it freezes?
I have the same problem on passenger front door (RHD). Water is getting trapped between the seals.

acwiltshire

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:58 AM
Reaction score
Technician fitting dashcams today showed me water ingress on drivers side by right knee dashboard / door pillar area . Not related to door seals as dry there. Reprted to agent who replied immediately IA are aware and replacemnt part ??? available in August.

Attachments

• water ingress drivers side.jpg
    water ingress drivers side.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 107
  • water ingress right side driver footwell.jpg
    water ingress right side driver footwell.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 105

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Today, I was approached by someone asking me about my Grenadier and how I was finding it. He said he was still waiting for his. I asked when he first ordered it and he told me 'a couple of years ago'. (His memory obviously playing tricks). He then asked me about the leaking sunroofs. I told him I had been in three hours of torrential rain this weekend and no leaks. He told me that the local dealership (who is well known on this site), had five vehicles in with leaking sunroofs and one even needing an entire wiring loom following water ingress. No idea if this is true or not. He then asked me how I found the vehicle. I told him I loved it and that handling on windy A roads was brilliant. He said I had made his day and he couldn't wait for his.
So. Wondering now, just how many issues there are with water ingress if one dealer alone does in fact have five vehicles suffering water ingress. Perhaps the dealer concerned can shed some light?

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:58 PM
Reaction score
Technician fitting dashcams today showed me water ingress on drivers side by right knee dashboard / door pillar area . Not related to door seals as dry there. Reprted to agent who replied immediately IA are aware and replacemnt part ??? available in August.
This looks like my problem. Did your technician locate from what height the water comes from?

Bobby Mac

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:58 PM
Reaction score
Today, I was approached by someone asking me about my Grenadier and how I was finding it. He said he was still waiting for his. I asked when he first ordered it and he told me 'a couple of years ago'. (His memory obviously playing tricks). He then asked me about the leaking sunroofs. I told him I had been in three hours of torrential rain this weekend and no leaks. He told me that the local dealership (who is well known on this site), had five vehicles in with leaking sunroofs and one even needing an entire wiring loom following water ingress. No idea if this is true or not. He then asked me how I found the vehicle. I told him I loved it and that handling on windy A roads was brilliant. He said I had made his day and he couldn't wait for his.
So. Wondering now, just how many issues there are with water ingress if one dealer alone does in fact have five vehicles suffering water ingress. Perhaps the dealer concerned can shed some light?
Perhaps water Ingress is why they are fitted with puddle lamps?🤣

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
6:58 AM
Reaction score
Hi Jean . Bottom corner of windscreen or higher up in door pillar ....maybe.
Some are saying it is a direct relation to the grommet for drainage not being installed correctly. A couple people have removed their safari windows, cleaned the seal and refitted/ reseated the grommet correctly.

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Are all the seals intact?

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:58 PM
Reaction score
Hi @Jean Mercier - looking for your thread, but so much activity on the Forum these days. Just was curious has your Grenadier been fixed?
Not yet, no news either. I should call, but have quite some work, even right now. And I don't need a Grenadier for going to several cities here in Belgium, the Mercedes replacement car needs less petrol.
But I miss my new toy ;)
Don't worry, as soon as I get my car back I will give feedback and will continue to dismount it 😀

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So is this related to safari windows, uncertain or completely separate?

Back
Top Bottom