The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas USA Buying Process--Beware (dealer vehicle pricing and business practices)

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:23 PM
Reaction score
@Fidei Defensor I think you're right about a longer arrival to delivery time, especially for the earliest builds.

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I just ordered a Trail master from the dealer in Atlanta, https://www.regal.ineosgrenadier.com/

No dealer mark-up, only government mandatory taxes, title costs ($25) & tag fee($20).

No deposit required and delivery estimated at Aug.-Sept 2024. We shall see.
200w.gif

Lord Ripon USA

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
12:23 AM
Reaction score
I just ordered a Trail master from the dealer in Atlanta, https://www.regal.ineosgrenadier.com/

No dealer mark-up, only government mandatory taxes, title costs ($25) & tag fee($20).

That would appear to be the lowest cost dealership ever posted here.

You have my interest.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If that information is true, as a group we could easily move 1000 orders to that dealership.
100% true and accurate; anyone who is not near production at this point should have the option of switching dealers; I'd contact Ineos sooner rather than later, and definitely tell them why you want to switch dealers

YinzerTX

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
11:23 PM
Reaction score

Mossy in Houston is also with no dealer mark-up, TT&L - AND is offering complimentary transport delivery anywhere in the continental US....

Getting your order swapped to another dealership is a whole other issue though

Lord Ripon USA

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
They should be turned against each other.

People waited five years for this vehicle, only for the dealers to stick themselves into the mix, and start sticking their hand out.
These cars are already sold in 99% of the

Sekurt

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
RTGT in Oregon sells at MSRP, no sales tax, dealer “paperwork/Doc fees” in Oregon is capped at $150. Only bunk fee we get is a corporate tax which is like $.03%. If you reside in another state, consider the Montana or Dakota “loophole” for registration

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Anyone have any info on Warner in West Valley, UT?

Local time
10:23 PM
Reaction score
Anyone have any info on Warner in West Valley, UT?
Warner.ineosgrenadier.com. I am the General Manager. - Tony Warner m: +1-801-580-5336. Cory Lovoi is the Sales Manager. How can we help?

MSRP only. Our DOC fees are $299, plus registration fees $275 for in-state (UT) or $95 for out-of-state temp tag.

Last edited:

Undecided

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Say it louder for the people in the back.... I would love to get a breakdown of what documentation is costing the dealer $999 to complete; even more so if they are a dealership that has switched to all electronic signature tablet/screens in-house and DocuSign for remote signings.

For other vehicles I've purchased, I've paid between nothing and $399; at least for the one that charged me $399 I got 3 UPS Next Day AM labels (documents to me to sign, documents back to them signed, and final paperwork back to me so I could get tags from my state to go fly and pick up the vehicle).

From the Google reviews I've read, the dealership associated with my selected dealer (Bentley of High Point, now with Triad Ineos) has a $999 doc fee that I'm hoping is shifted to something less stratospherically inflated for the Ineos brand
As mentioned - many states cap dealer "doc fees" but FL does not. Usually, you can negotiate that down or the price of the vehicle accordingly. BTW - this $1K doesn't include the title, registration, plates, etc. It's simply $1K to key in some information into software w/ a backend link into a state's vehicle registration system. It's 5 minutes of work at most. I've bought a Rivian, Audi, Land Rover, and Ram out of state and handled the title/registration/plates myself at the Tax Collector's office in FL (or by mail) b/c I refuse to pay an insulting fee. It's taken as few as 15 minutes (unlike in IL where it can take hours). Paying someone the equivalent of $4K/hour for work I can do easily myself doesn't make sense. Even worse when factoring their direct links to the state computers it's more like $12K/hour for the service. Clearly, these dealers make more on those fees than sales lost - but for me, I will simply buy elsewhere from a dealer without a dishonest "doc fee" and enjoy the drive back.

Ineos has claimed all along we can change the dealer - but they are now telling me no b/c my truck was already on the boat (and now it's at the port here). I've been following Grenadier for years - long before there were even prototypes, the factory location decided/purchased, etc. I am a super early VIN ordering within minutes of the opening bell. I'm undecided on what to do.

DDG

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve had a very disheartening experience with this whole process. 2021 reservation and put my order in immediately in June. I selected the Danbury, CT dealership. I spoke to IA by phone and by email a few weeks back and was told it was in the dealer’s hands and everything was “in order” on IA’s system. I’ve tried unsuccessfully to contact them (Curry Ineos in Danbury). No one has answered the phone, returned messages, or replied to emails. Then I noticed a refund of my initial $450 reservation fee to my checking account. So it seems as though Ineos and/or Curry has decided not to finalize the Grenadier I ordered.
I tried one more time to call this morning and spoke to a nice receptionist; however, the sales person did not pick up the phone. Incredibly strange way to end my Grenadier journey but if it’s THIS bad just trying to speak to someone, what will the actual service be like? Seven years of actively following and pursuing this vehicle. Many other customers have build dates and even tentative deliveries and I’m left wondering what the hell happened. I’ve never expected to be catered to, but I’ve also never had to fight so hard to spend $95k.

Undecided

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
@DDG the $450 refund doesn't mean your order wasn't accepted. They are refunding the $450 to everyone. It's an odd arrangement - they don't simply deduct from the purchase price nor is there any link to if one purchases or not. I think Ineos screwed up how they collected it in the first place or maybe they thought they could go the Tesla/Rivian path direct to the consumer by simply adjusting the final price????

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve had a very disheartening experience with this whole process. 2021 reservation and put my order in immediately in June. I selected the Danbury, CT dealership. I spoke to IA by phone and by email a few weeks back and was told it was in the dealer’s hands and everything was “in order” on IA’s system. I’ve tried unsuccessfully to contact them (Curry Ineos in Danbury). No one has answered the phone, returned messages, or replied to emails. Then I noticed a refund of my initial $450 reservation fee to my checking account. So it seems as though Ineos and/or Curry has decided not to finalize the Grenadier I ordered.
I tried one more time to call this morning and spoke to a nice receptionist; however, the sales person did not pick up the phone. Incredibly strange way to end my Grenadier journey but if it’s THIS bad just trying to speak to someone, what will the actual service be like? Seven years of actively following and pursuing this vehicle. Many other customers have build dates and even tentative deliveries and I’m left wondering what the hell happened. I’ve never expected to be catered to, but I’ve also never had to fight so hard to spend $95k.
The reservation refund is expected as you get closer to your Ineos getting built/shipped, unless you requested it.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
@DDG Ineos also sent an email out that explained the reasoning for refund. I believe they are force to go this route because of our dealership model. In other countries, they are agents who help with the purchase and sale of the Grenadier. Here in America, the dealership buys the car from Ineos and then sells it to you. The deposit of 450 was a deposit to Ineos. Since your not buying from Ineos but dealer, they must refund your money. The people whose cars are builded seem to being getting the refunds first.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
As mentioned - many states cap dealer "doc fees" but FL does not. Usually, you can negotiate that down or the price of the vehicle accordingly. BTW - this $1K doesn't include the title, registration, plates, etc. It's simply $1K to key in some information into software w/ a backend link into a state's vehicle registration system. It's 5 minutes of work at most. I've bought a Rivian, Audi, Land Rover, and Ram out of state and handled the title/registration/plates myself at the Tax Collector's office in FL (or by mail) b/c I refuse to pay an insulting fee. It's taken as few as 15 minutes (unlike in IL where it can take hours). Paying someone the equivalent of $4K/hour for work I can do easily myself doesn't make sense. Even worse when factoring their direct links to the state computers it's more like $12K/hour for the service. Clearly, these dealers make more on those fees than sales lost - but for me, I will simply buy elsewhere from a dealer without a dishonest "doc fee" and enjoy the drive back.

Ineos has claimed all along we can change the dealer - but they are now telling me no b/c my truck was already on the boat (and now it's at the port here). I've been following Grenadier for years - long before there were even prototypes, the factory location decided/purchased, etc. I am a super early VIN ordering within minutes of the opening bell. I'm undecided on what to do.
As far as I can tell, at least with Triad, the "documentation fee" is applied even for out of state purchases, which means that they do nothing other than process the purchase and send me paperwork. I'll fly down there to pick up the vehicle with a license plate and registration in hand from my state (and have already paid my state for the taxes/tags/etc). As I've stated before, it's a blatant mark up and pure profit with a deceptive name added to it

GrenADV

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
As already mentioned, the credit/refund of $450 is happening to all US reservation holders - this doesn't have any impact on the production or delivery of your vehicle. As far as I understand, Curry may have been one of the last US dealerships to be selected/stood-up, so I'm sure they're underwater in all of their correspondences, not just for you (I'm not defending them - I think it just is what it is). Depending on your vehicle specifications and when you placed your pre-order, I'd go as far as guessing your vehicle is either in transit (on a RoRo) or it might have even recently arrived in the US.

We're all with you - just hang in there! And, be keep being persistent with your dealer :)

Lord Ripon USA

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Does anyone have any actual clarity on why IA chose this model, versus the Tesla sales model?
I resent getting rolled over after sticking with them and providing an interest free loan for almost 5 years.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Does anyone have any actual clarity on why IA chose this model, versus the Tesla sales model?
I resent getting rolled over after sticking with them and providing an interest free loan for almost 5 years.
Tesla found a loophole which is slowly closing. The laws written never accounted for a electric cars. Tesla can sell because they are electric are are made in states. Ineos indicated that they could have gone to court to fight but that it would have been a 3 year process with no guarantee that they would win. So instead of a 2023 delievery, it would have been 2026.

Back
Top Bottom