The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas US Production has started (previously Start of US production?)

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:18 PM
Reaction score
So one of the great things for car owners in the US has to be the NHTSA (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration) and submissions made by manufacturers that are then publically available.

Here one (with some other obvious errors) that states production started on 1st June 2023:

Screenshot_20230830_072353.jpg

Last edited:

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:18 AM
Reaction score
So one of the great things for car owners in the US has to be the NHTSA (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration) and submissions made by manufacturers that are then publically available.

Here one (with some other obvious errors) that states production started on 1st June 2023:

I think they are going to struggle on those weight limits
1693374109034.png

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:18 AM
Reaction score
No idea but just noticing a subtelty that the Ineos submission referenced Class 2E, where the above reference shows only Class 2.

A1B2C3D4

Production/Transit
Local time
2:18 PM
Reaction score

View attachment 7825234
I suspect they probably did make 50-100 USA compliant type of vehicles in June or July. That is what we will test drive in the coming month or two.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
That fits in with the ones that are sitting at the docks right now awaiting clearance.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I suspect they probably did make 50-100 USA compliant type of vehicles in June or July. That is what we will test drive in the coming month or two.
40 units came to North America, or at least that was the plan; 2 per dealer

DrahthHunter

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score

View attachment 7825234
Ineos has missed EVERY timeline in North America by a mile

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
@DrahthHunter remember the trend is your friend. Our ROW counterpart experienced the same thing.

holdmybeer

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The longer the vehicle is delayed can mean the more time Ineos has to fix the issues (big fantasy I tell myself)

Ha. Yes, ditto. As a Canadian, with our deliveries lagging behind the US, I want to believe there's a silver lining. :)

Best case: Canadian deliveries are delayed by two months but that means our vehicles get a few more bandaids while still on the production line.

Likely case: Canadian deliveries are delayed by six months and our vehicles are the same, with problems discovered and fixed via the usual trips to and from the dealer.

Back
Top Bottom