The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

UK Tour - Firle Place. (forum member drive)

simonpa

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:35 PM
Reaction score
Just returned from driving experience at Firle Place Sussex Uk....thanks to Ineos and Firle Place
for facilities provided.

Driving the vehicle ( at last ! ) was very good and I can only agree with the many other forum
members who are enthusiastic about it in all regards.
Inevitably there will be some changes from the PTOO2 I drove today to the finished / delivered
product but Steve the very knowledgeable and pleasant 'passenger instructor' from Ineos told
me that he understood at present the number would be limited.

I did however check out the rubber floor covering just to follow up on the forum thread
re. 'Carpet Flooring - no longer available' and as highlighted by another member is thermoplastic
and I'm sure hardwearing and gives some effective soundproofing.

All in all a great day out - and certainly better than the Uk government has had !

Sorry Stu wrong thread.............................

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:35 PM
Reaction score
I've got a drive booked in there tomo morn. Have they got more than one there? i.e one to look over while you wait for/after your drive?

simonpa

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:35 PM
Reaction score
I've got a drive booked in there tomo morn. Have they got more than one there? i.e one to look over while you wait for/after your drive?
Yes one in waiting / food drink area and three for driving. It's a good circuit across fields and track with a
section of tarmac driveway - nothing extreme but a good try out.

Have a nice day.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
2:35 PM
Reaction score
Out of interest how fast did they let you go?

Nocrays

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
5:35 AM
Reaction score
Lucky to get a drive.

How did you find the seating position???

I’m interested to understand if the “footrest” which is clearance for the exhaust in RHD vehicles under the left foot causes any issues.

I’m also interested to see how it’s on rad manners are.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Wow, what a motor. Seriously impressed with it. Was only a 15-20 min drive but sufficient for me to want it even more - if that was at all possible!
Drove a diesel SW version

Will send some photos from my phone in a bit.

Would've liked to really test it out and play with front/rear lockers but they weren't fitted. Central lock worked well on the loose and clay stuff. Good ground clearance.

Rock Sliders - no chance to use as step unless have climbing shoes on. not a problem for me and looked very much upto the job

emax - wing mirrors, yes manual closing but because they are not deep like most cars, when you fold them flush to the window there's not much left protruding.

Belstaff Model/seating, you can see from the photos what appears to be another set of bolts further forward in the floor where the rear seat frame would slide enabling you to position the bottom part in the SW mode. As for the seat backs, nobody could confirm whether these can be toyed around with. Again this was a PTO2 versions so still things could change. Allegedly there's 2x more versions to come prior to final customer deliveries - I was told at this stage these two versions will follow very quickly.

Safari windows - loved them, the seal looks more than adequate to cope with any water ingress. how it will last/fair in the UV, who knows but they looked great.

Rear door table - well built and will take 20kgs if not more imho

RHD driver's footwell exhaust hump - quite big in my book, and definitely no room to stick your left foot between it and the brake, there's no gap. Is it noticeable from what I'm used to (Disco) yes, is it an issue for me - not at all. (However I am 32" inside leg with my Cubans on)

Drive on the concrete road - didn't get much above 40mph so can't say what it's like at speed. I don't have any concerns though.

Spare wheel cover - not the lockable storage one. Seems attached to the central door bracket, there's a square cap on the outside which I guess you hinge off and then there will be a retaining screw or nut holding it on so it's not a press fit/pull off but held centrally.

Rear camera - screen on central display, it's big enough for me, probably 4x3", would be better to have a bit bigger but certainly able to see if you are close to hooking up or smacking something.

Will see if I can think of anything else.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
83271E52-FC28-4E1B-9E18-63F28BC4535D.jpeg

Spare wheel cover - not lockable storage one

Last edited:

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
DC91CDEA-4C6D-4907-9F96-4D0D55D275EC.jpeg

Rear seats - Belstaff version. (top of photo is towards boot, bottom towards bonnet, i.e the seat is in the 'Belstaff' rearmost position)

Last edited:

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
sorry chaps, if I could work out how to rotate them, put them all in one page then I would.

Sorry, I'm a bit cr*p with technology!

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
11:35 PM
Reaction score
Thanks a lot, nice report and pictures!

Yes, the motor is absolutely convincing! (y)

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
2:35 PM
Reaction score
not to be fussy but if you could out a description, even a couple of words it would be great. For future search functionality and for me when I have a bit of brain fog. which incidentally is right now, so the top picture is?.......

@ECrider you did descriptions on the original posts, so Scrub that, it seems that you have to press enter/return a couple of times to get the text visible, for some strange reason.

Great shots of the stuff by the way.

Also, I'm working on a solution for rotating images on the site.

Last edited:

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
sure Stu, I'll give it a whirl. As in give each picture a title??

Back
Top Bottom