The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Current state of US order window

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:38 PM
Reaction score
It is totally unknown by now how the sales will develop when the car is available for test drives all over the world. Did all idiots already ordered or will there be a second wave after the possibility to check the real car before ordering it.
I would think the latter will be the case. If so the volume will grow all over the world and the waiting time will rise as well for the USA.

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:38 AM
Reaction score
What kind of cars are you guys ordering that requires a $4500 deposit? High end cars here are at $1000, and regular cars more like $500?
$450 for the early reservation, additional deposit of $4500 at time of order, becomes non-refundable at time of signing the contract.

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Each of the 6,500 will individually get their turn to order.

Or all of them at once ?
We will probably overwhelm and crash the website and have to wait for it to get less congested, then we'll be able to order. That's how everything works now, everywhere.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:38 AM
Reaction score
$450 for the early reservation, additional deposit of $4500 at time of order, becomes non-refundable at time of signing the contract.
That was the case elsewhere in the world, but those deposits of $4,500 were placed directly with IA. I do not believe that will be the case here because of the involvement of dealerships from whom we will actually be purchasing the vehicle from. I don't have time at the moment to comb through threads, but I'm pretty sure that someone posted that during a US drive event they were told there will not be a requirement to lay down a large deposit for this very reason.

Local time
Reaction score
It is totally unknown by now how the sales will develop when the car is available for test drives all over the world. Did all idiots already ordered or will there be a second wave after the possibility to check the real car before ordering it.
I would think the latter will be the case. If so the volume will grow all over the world and the waiting time will rise as well for the USA.
Haha, do you say that will be a new banner moniker for members 😃

Yes, it would be nice to see the car again before chance to order but if the reports are true on IA timing that may not be possible before order banks open for those in my country. If I wait to view again there could be thousands of American orders in front of me, delaying my delivery.

That extra wait might be may be acceptable for a few of our Australasia members (per posts on here) - they might even find it humorous - but I'd rather get mine sooner on account of advanced age.

Local time
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that someone posted that during a US drive event they were told there will not be a requirement to lay down a large deposit for this very reason.

I didn't make the post but I was told this at the AZ drive event.

They basically said that they wouldnt have the dealer nextwork fully established by the order date and had concerns with tracking and allocating deposits, especially with the accelerated timeline between release of pricing and order date. So they were foregoing the additional $4,500 at the time of order.

Local time
Reaction score
The deposit topic, like many, is still unclear / unannounced. I've seen more than a few threads citing different, albeit plausible scenarios. I've seen no additional deposit beyond the res fee (another thread) and others like this one below. Guess time will tell. Less than 30 days until pricing announced, hopefully - looking forward to it and dreading it at the same time.

Post in thread 'USA First look and some other info.' https://www.theineosforum.com/threads/usa-first-look-and-some-other-info.12411700/post-1333162703

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Sorry for the bad info, I must have not remembered or heard something exactly. Guess we'll all know for certain on 5/17.

Local time
Reaction score
The deposit topic, like many, is still unclear / unannounced. I've seen more than a few threads citing different, albeit plausible scenarios. I've seen no additional deposit beyond the res fee (another thread) and others like this one below. Guess time will tell. Less than 30 days until pricing announced, hopefully - looking forward to it and dreading it at the same time.

Post in thread 'USA First look and some other info.' https://www.theineosforum.com/threads/usa-first-look-and-some-other-info.12411700/post-1333162703
In case it's missed in the other thread, the latest Q&A today confirmed no additional deposit at time of conversion to an order. Of course, that's not to say they'll still want a deposit later.

m-j

Local time
Reaction score
I could almost swear that at my test drive in San Diego, one of the representatives stated the following:
INEOS Will have local (INEOS) dealers in California (Los Angeles and San Diego Area) and 3rd party dealers, non-INEOUS;
And INEOS, depending on location, will pick which dealers buyer will be "assigned" to for purchase;

Has this changed? (Other car manufactures are trying to solve the issue of dealer price gouging their customers by selling direct, so in markets that the can sell direct why not take advantage?)

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Something to consider when ordering your Grenadier will be batching. The more common an order is the more likely it will be done via batching. This way Ineos doesn't have to change the line when building it. I would expect the most similar builds will go first after the cue is created with our reservation numbers.

Lalika01!

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
In the April 21, 2023 3rd webinar Q&A Greg shared that for US Reservation Holders the key dates in acquiring a Grenadier will be that order submissions can be made starting 2 weeks after the US pricing/ specs/dealer network information is disclosed (May 17). The Order submission period will be for 4 weeks. Thereafter, Ineos will advise those US Reservation Holders submitting orders what their targeted delivery date will be, prioritized by the earliest date reservations holders made their reservation. Greg also said that for the US Reservation Holders submitting their order, no additional deposit or down payment will be required above the original $450 reservation payment.

Back
Top Bottom