The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

My Test Drive Today In Aufenau

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:04 AM
Reaction score
I'll post some pictures in the next few days, I probably won't make it today.
To be able to drive it is just brilliant and the positivity you are able to project is exactly what I thought just sitting in the passenger's seat.
I now can't wait for the drive but I think your comments and opinions have settled a lot of the dust...happy motoring.

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:04 PM
Reaction score
EMAX you are a LEGEND - Cheers mate.

Also whilst I calling out forum members - DCPU - mate I don't know where you find all of this information that you post, but seriously it is so appreciated.
I hope I never wrong you my friend, I am sure you could dig up every one of my past indiscretions and post them up here for public consumption. :eek:

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
6:04 AM
Reaction score
Thanks Davman, nice to hear that. But I have been waiting so much for the day to sit behind the Grenadiers wheel that it was and is a pleasure to share it here. :)

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks for the update!
I understand that the price increase does not affect order from the past. Good news for any early backer ;)

That's what I was told.

So my fears really have been alleviated - although, to be honest, I wouldn't bet my house on it in times like these. But at least it's good news and makes me optimistic.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you emax for your feedback, it's all sounding very positive and I note that you did not have any negative issue to raise.

There are now quite a few on this forum that have driven the G and most have probably sat in one for a test drive.

The sample pool grows and I am sure some of the recurring comments & themes provide the confirmations we were all waiting for.

Very powerful (engine, transmission set-up),
Great balance (weight distribution, suspension design, transmission quality),
Ease of handling (steering set-up & suspension geometry),
Smooth & quite (Overall body & cabin design),
High quality finish (attention to detail in design),

I don't really care that I have to wait an extra few months but I can't wait to drive it!!

Last edited:
Local time
12:04 AM
Reaction score
Well, if they increase my price with 10% it will be the end for me with IG. Then LC 70 will be mine new car, I guess. :(

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:04 PM
Reaction score
  • there will be a price increase of a bit over 10 percent.
  • those who have already ordered or will order within the next two weeks or so will not be affected.

Great write up (y)

So I doubt there'll be any contracts sent out in the next two weeks. Why would they?

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Perhaps you and I should tee up Justin Hocevar mate, and ask that he opens his garage in Melbourne mate for us to look at it during the week?
Apparently it is pouring down with rain at the MotoGP in Victoria today - blowing a gale too.
Perhaps Justin would prefer to be back in his office, inviting a few IG friends around.

Red pepper

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you emax for your feedback, it's all sounding very positive and I note that you did not have any negative issue to raise.

There are now quite a few on this forum that have driven the G and most have probably sat in one for a test drive.

The sample pool grows and I am sure some of the recurring comments & themes provide the confirmations we were all waiting for.

Very powerful (engine, transmission set-up),
Great balance (weight distribution, suspension design, transmission quality),
Ease of handling (steering set-up & suspension geometry),
Smooth & quite (Overall body & cabin design),
High quality finish (attention to detail in design),

I don't really care that I have to wait an extra few months but I can't wait to drive it!!
There is one question remains - reliability (long term), but it's up to us to answer the question

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:04 AM
Reaction score
Great write up (y)

So I doubt there'll be any contracts sent out in the next two weeks. Why would they?
To lock buyers in?

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Why wouldn't they send contracts out?
exactly Davman.

If customer production starts in the next 18 days (as per INEOS video), then why not send out contracts with suitable clauses regarding flexible delivery dates/subject to supply train issues blah blah blah

They must have their standard contracts written & ready to go, especially as they initially said contracts to be sent 30-60 days prior to production.

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:04 PM
Reaction score
Why wouldn't they send contracts out?
purely speculating

as a reservation holder (only) I presume price is not fixed until a contract is signed... so if 10% price rise is imminent then just wait 2 weeks before sending contracts to reservation holders?

however I have my doubts about this intel... a 10% price rise is hugely significant/ commercial sensitive intel, potentially damaging and therefore not to be thrown around lightly...

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
purely speculating

as a reservation holder (only) I presume price is not fixed until a contract is signed... so if 10% price rise is imminent then just wait 2 weeks before sending contracts to reservation holders?

however I have my doubts about this intel... a 10% price rise is hugely significant/ commercial sensitive intel, potentially damaging and therefore not to be thrown around lightly...
Massive difference between a reservation holder and someone who has ordered one.
I don't see a problem in them putting prices up, with 2 weeks notice, for people who haven't ordered yet.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
purely speculating

That's why he/she likely wanted to stay in the background, I guess.

Back
Top Bottom