The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

My Test Drive Today In Aufenau

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
1:16 PM
Reaction score
To be clear, it was not about signed contracts, but about orders. Those who have a order *) should not be affected.

And: There was talk of "a little more than 10%, maybe 12%".

This is all just verbal. But some can at least make a plan. There's never a guarantee that it will work out, but it's what I've been afraid of for the last few weeks.

*) EDIT: 'order' not 'contract'

Last edited:

Beormund

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:16 PM
Reaction score
To be clear, it was not about signed contracts, but about orders. Those who have a contract should not be affected.

And: There was talk of "a little more than 10%, maybe 12%".

This is all just verbal. But some can at least make a plan. There's never a guarantee that it will work out, but it's what I've been afraid of for the last few weeks.
But as far as we know no-one has a contract yet so does that mean potentially everyone who has ordered could be affected?

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
You nailed it.

Corrected.

Last edited:

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It would be interesting to know the volume of new orders coming into Ineos on a daily basis and if the price increase info will be announced prior to the implementation date of the price increase.

If Ineos are to have a big "launch" event in the immediate future ~ which there has been various comments about ~ then maybe that's the same timings for any price increase.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:16 PM
Reaction score
Yes DCPU - increasing the published price of a newly launched product that has yet to be sold could be a delicate affair from a business perspective

Beormund

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It would be interesting to know the volume of new orders coming into Ineos on a daily basis and if the price increase info will be announced prior to the implementation date of the price increase.

If Ineos are to have a big "launch" event in the immediate future ~ which there has been various comments about ~ then maybe that's the same timings for any price increase.
Or maybe they'll announce an annual price increase next year for all subsequent orders.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Again, there's plenty of recent precedent with Ford, Tesla, Rivian to see how to do it best and worst (Rivian).

And all the general talk around these price increases must help soften up the market to know it's just a question of when not if.

I think Tesla are on their 3rd price increase in a relatively short period of time; but that's against a rising volume of sales and an apparent inelasticity in demand.

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:16 PM
Reaction score
It’s easy to announce a price increase - when you change model years - and throw a couple of additional features/tech at the car. Toyota are experts at this process.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Not the technical details, but a few impressions taken by my son.

I have myself not made any photographs, but I have some footage which I will try to cut and upload to youtube next weekend.

The take off.
20221012_091600_UTC_crop.JPG

My wife looking happily out of the rear window.
20221012_091609_UTC_crop.JPG

Happy faces everywhere.
20221012_092946_UTC_crop.JPG

Instructor "Kurt" showing me his motorbike.
20221012_093050_UTC.JPG

Back
Top Bottom