The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

tyre pressure monitoring system

Plas12tirion

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:25 PM
Reaction score
Hi
Received my Grenadier today, they swapped the wheels at the dealer for a new set but the tyre pressure sensor wont pickup the wheels (exactly same 18 inch wheels but different tyres). They tried resetting with laptop but no joy and was told will resolve itself once travelling. 100 miles later still no tyre pressures and amber light on dash. Can i immobilise the sensor till i get back to the dealer? Or solve myself in any way?

Traveling Marvin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:25 PM
Reaction score
So, the new tires have new sensors ? Original from Ineos ?
Or did you swap the sensors over to the new rims ?

I will now order my second set of rims WITHOUT sensors, and try the Autel MX Sensors instead. It’s a bit disappointing that the TS508WF can’t connect to the OBD2 interface ( just get a system error). But it can read the sensors’ and clone them. And the cloned sensors should still work. - I will report back.

Hannes01

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have been getting the message since this evening:
Lost tire pressure
From all 4 wheels!
Can't actually be the wheel sensors, but something from the car?

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have been getting the message since this evening:
Lost tire pressure
From all 4 wheels!
Can't actually be the wheel sensors, but something from the car?
like this;

Attachments

• IMG_9566.jpeg
    IMG_9566.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 52

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My tyre pressure has basically been 40psi since delivery. I have had the TPMS malfunction message come up 4 times now. I just ignore but it's part of my list for the dealer.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:25 PM
Reaction score
I had this message twice. The first time in August and now in November. Both times with the old software version. In the main view ( As well as photo from @ECrider, However, I did not have the message 'Tyre sensor lost'. ) all pressures were the same. In the detailed view they were different in the 2nd decimal place. I checked the air pressure and carried out a reset. Then the issue was resolved. Now I have the new software and will wait and see.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
somewhere in this thread I mention mine is due to change of sensors when I changed my wheels and tyres. still awaiting a solution as it's a bit of a pain as blocks half the screen more often than not. Thank goodness no audible alerts ✌️

ORSO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Does anyone know if it is possible to set the upper and lower limits at which the TPMS gives a warning. Or are the warning levels basically set for a default on road situation? On aftermarket ones I have used in the past it is possible to adjust the warning levels and it is very helpful when needing to adjust tyre pressures for different conditions.
Has anyone discovered this?
it would be useful to be able to modify the ∆ + and - alarm from the reset pressure

ORSO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Well I just checked by deflating a tyre and guess what. It’s not in the ‘right’ place. I had assumed that there was a tpms sensor in each wheel well that would pick up the signal from the sensor in the wheel. Obviously not. So how does it work when you fit the spare?
I can’t see any option to recalibrate on the screen. I’ll be pissed if it’s a dealership job.
this conflicts with the manual.

in the end, after these months, it was understood whether by simply reversing the wheels the sensors automatically adapt to the new position [as it seems written in the manual] or whether they must be positioned manually [if so, how?]?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-22 alle 17.40.19.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-22 alle 17.40.19.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 32

douggie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:25 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone discovered this?
it would be useful to be able to modify the ∆ + and - alarm from the reset pressure
Yes wouldn’t it. Perhaps with a consolidated campaign they might introduce visibility and adjustmemt in percentages and that save permanently. I will raise an issue with my local Ineos dealer on TPMS high alert as it troubled me with my last towing trip.

Deepblue

#00274 - Swiss Vehicle (SD1-1/63)
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
this conflicts with the manual.

in the end, after these months, it was understood whether by simply reversing the wheels the sensors automatically adapt to the new position [as it seems written in the manual] or whether they must be positioned manually [if so, how?]?
My grenadier got the software update past days. Positive first impression: Most error messages are gone!
Let me share some findings reg the TPMS.

-> I had swapped wheels after 7500 km (front left with back right, front right with back left). After that TMPS sensor in display have NOT adapted to new positions, they are swapped same as wheels.
According to dealer they could reprogram TPMS sensor. I have declined as this is not sustainable when I swap back.
-> Dealer told me that 5 TPMS sensor are programmed, so that spare wheel TPMS would work when switched.
-> Learned a very helpful undocumented feature: On the temperature screen - click on the 3 lines allows to reset the reference pressure value. System will then use some (predefined and I guess not configurable) +/- delta for warnings.
In an offroad situation when you deflate tires this is quick and easy to set new lower pressure. And after you inflate simple set value back.

-> And when in Offroad mode same 3 lines offer another undocumented feature: You can manually turn on rear-view camera which is typically deactivated in Offroad mode.

Marked in yellow (picture copied from above)
1705960858879.png

Last edited:

Michael H.

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
My grenadier got the software update past days. Positive first impression: Most error messages are gone!
Let me share some findings reg the TPMS.

-> I had swapped wheels after 7500 km (front left with back right, front right with back left). After that TMPS sensor in display have NOT adapted to new positions, they are swapped same as wheels.
According to dealer they could reprogram TPMS sensor. I have declined as this is not sustainable when I swap back.
-> Dealer told me that 5 TPMS sensor are programmed, so that spare wheel TPMS would work when switched.
-> Learned a very helpful undocumented feature: On the temperature screen - click on the 3 lines allows to reset the reference pressure value. System will then use some (predefined and I guess not configurable) +/- delta for warnings.
In an offroad situation when you deflate tires this is quick and easy to set new lower pressure. And after you inflate simple set value back.

-> And when in Offroad mode same 3 lines offer another undocumented feature: You can manually turn on rear-view camera which is typically deactivated in Offroad mode.

Marked in yellow (picture copied from above)
View attachment 7840863
Re your tip about activating the Rear-view camera in Offroad mode ... Many thanks ... Very helpful. 🙂

Plas12tirion

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So, the new tires have new sensors ? Original from Ineos ?
Or did you swap the sensors over to the new rims ?

I will now order my second set of rims WITHOUT sensors, and try the Autel MX Sensors instead. It’s a bit disappointing that the TS508WF can’t connect to the OBD2 interface ( just get a system error). But it can read the sensors’ and clone them. And the cloned sensors should still work. - I will report back.
Yes origional from ineos. Any ideas?

Timcc

Contract Signed
Local time
Reaction score
how do I clear tyre pressure warning, I have upped my tyre pressure to 42 psi far less float on the road, but I now have a warning light

douggie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
how do I clear tyre pressure warning, I have upped my tyre pressure to 42 psi far less float on the road, but I now have a warning light
Inflate to your desired cold tyre pressures, or as per the placard for your wheel size.
Ignition ON.
Vehicle stationary.
On the infotainment screen: Offroad > Temperature > Three bars in the top right corner next to Temperature> Reset RCP.

(taken from Dave's post)

Back
Top Bottom