The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Transfer Case Gear Lever - pin

beg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:49 PM
Reaction score
I had this issue and reported it to dealer when in for transfer case replacement last year so they should be aware of the issue that's if dealers are sending customer reports back to the mothership .

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:49 AM
Reaction score
I've had mine wrapped with a velcro wire organizer since day one but would like a more elegant, permanent solution. Maybe the knurled pins are the way to go.

Reactions: PBD

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
4:49 AM
Reaction score
I had this issue and reported it to dealer when in for transfer case replacement last year so they should be aware of the issue that's if dealers are sending customer reports back to the mothership .
I know this is a frustration at IA. Dealers need to raise tickets with them for them to see the trends in items that fail. If IA are not notified then they can’t implement things on the line, at least that’s the gist of it.

So if you have an issue with anything then please ask if your dealer has raised it with IA. They have regular meetings to address these things and if it’s not passed on then, well we know how that goes.

As to the comment above about this site, I’m trying to get them to monitor the forum but it’s tricky.

Sven

Production/Transit
Local time
1:49 PM
Reaction score
I had the same problem.
As the pin was not available separately, the whole gearshift was replaced.
If I remember correctly, the pin is 24x3 mm.
I'm going to get 3.1 mm dowel pins as a replacement!

have you try this solution with the Mecanindus pin ? it good to slide in the lever ?

Hannes01

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:49 PM
Reaction score
have you try this solution with the Mecanindus pin ? it good to slide in the lever ?
So far I've only kept them in the car as a spare in case the new one falls out again

bbq4133

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:49 AM
Reaction score
Folks with the zip tie fix, mind taking a photo?

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
9:49 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone thought of Loctite Engineering Adhesive?
Shh! That's far too obvious ;)
The question is , would the mechanism ever need disassembly down the track , literally or otherwise?

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:49 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone thought of Loctite Engineering Adhesive?
I'm surprised this hasn't come up earlier (or I missed it).

A single drop of any of the lower grade 6xx series Loctites would be adequate without being too strong to disassemble.

Loctite 222 could be used because it has a capillary action. One drop at each end of the pin.

I would avoid the 4xx series Loctites for this. Cyanoacrylate ('Super Glue') is too strong.

As with all Loctites, less is more (use sparingly).

Clear acrylic nail polish or a polyurethane timber sealant on both ends would wick in and retain the pin. Acetone will remove it.

Part A (only) of a 2-part metal epoxy is a good gap filler and might be enough to secure the pin.

Lots of options here.

Or, use a zip tie 😉

Back
Top Bottom