The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Transfer case gear lever boot

Bobby Mac

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:41 PM
Reaction score
I use low range to reverse up my steep driveway almost every day. I’ve just noticed the transfer case leather gear lever boot has abnormal wear where the lever obviously jams the boot up against the surrounds when it’s moved forward. The same does not appear to be occurring on the opposite side. I imagine it’s merely an adjustment problem, but I would be interested to know if others may have the same.

Attachments

• IMG_6238.jpeg
    IMG_6238.jpeg
    196.4 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_6239.jpeg
    IMG_6239.jpeg
    168.6 KB · Views: 69

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:41 AM
Reaction score
I use low range to reverse up my steep driveway almost every day. I’ve just noticed the transfer case leather gear lever boot has abnormal wear where the lever obviously jams the boot up against the surrounds when it’s moved forward. The same does not appear to be occurring on the opposite side. I imagine it’s merely an adjustment problem, but I would be interested to know if others may have the same.
Hi @Bobby Mac I also use the gear reduction very often. However, I haven't paid attention to it yet. As the Grenadier isn't near me (it's not my daily driver) I'll have a look at it at the next opportunity (probably this afternoon) and get back to you.

TD5-90

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
2:41 PM
Reaction score
...I’ve just noticed the transfer case leather gear lever boot has abnormal wear where the lever obviously jams the boot up against the surrounds when it’s moved forward. The same does not appear to be occurring on the opposite side.
I can confirm exactly that. Sometimes I doubt "H" has engaged correctly because the lever feels so odd.
I imagine it’s merely an adjustment problem, but I would be interested to know if others may have the same.
Definitely on my list, unfortunately not top priority, too many other duties...

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:41 AM
Reaction score
Hi @Bobby Mac I also use the gear reduction very often. However, I haven't paid attention to it yet. As the Grenadier isn't near me (it's not my daily driver) I'll have a look at it at the next opportunity (probably this afternoon) and get back to you.
@Bobby Mac Things are still looking good for me. But yes, it is tight when shifting gears and is slightly pressed against the frame. Sooner or later something will happen.

Bobby Mac

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Had another look this morning - I’m pretty sure it’s leather albeit thin - it would be strange to have the rest of the vehicle trimmed in leather and not the lever boot………………….. or would it❓🤔

Attachments

• IMG_6249.jpeg
    IMG_6249.jpeg
    228.8 KB · Views: 36

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I'll go out and do the scratch and sniff test later.

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Had another look this morning - I’m pretty sure it’s leather albeit thin - it would be strange to have the rest of the vehicle trimmed in leather and not the lever boot………………….. or would it❓🤔
Most have no leather, only if you get the seats, and that adds it to doors as well. Otherwise its really only steering wheel and one panic handle😉

Back
Top Bottom