The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.
1698999421741.png
TOUGHER SEAT COVERS now available for the Ineos Grenadier.

At TOUGHER, we understand the essence of rugged, reliable vehicles like the Ineos vehicle. Our commitment to quality and durability drives us to create exceptional seat covers and accessories, engineered to safeguard your Ineos’s interior, even in the harshest of conditions. With Tougher, your vehicle’s upholstery remains as resilient as the day it rolled off the assembly line, ensuring that your Ineos and our products are the perfect match.

TOUGHER FABRIC
Tougher Seat Covers are meticulously crafted from a 100% Tough Polycotton Canvas material, renowned for its unparalleled strength and resilience. Comprising 100% authentic cotton, this fabric not only offers a refreshing, breathable, and comfortable feel but also benefits from the unique polycotton blend, reinforcing dimensional stability and preventing unsightly shrinkage. What sets our fabric apart is its specialized water-repellent coating, delivering an additional layer of defense against the elements, further enhancing its durability and ensuring your Ineos stays in prime condition throughout your adventures and daily journeys.
We also offer 100% Cotton Canvas options in Dove Grey and Light Khaki.

INEOS Tougher Seat Covers are available in:

- Tough Polycotton Charcoal fabric / Check it out Instagram reel & Charcoal video here.
- Tough Polycotton Light Khaki fabric / Check images below and the reels here and here.
- 100% Cotton Canvas in Dove Grey? Check it out Dove Grey images
- 100% Cotton Canvas in Light Khaki / Check it out Light Khaki seat covers here
(Please note the lead time is 7 to 10 days from date of order confirmation.)

We are based in South Africa, Cape Town, offering exceptional service and highly competitive pricing.
Contact Bryan with any queries regarding shipping and quotes: info@tougher.co.za / 021 879 3304 / www.tougher.co.za

We look forward to hearing from you.
Tougher Team

Attachments

• ineo 7.jpg
    ineo 7.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 367
  • inos 9.jpg
    inos 9.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 354
  • inoes 9.jpg
    inoes 9.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 334
  • inoe 10.jpg
    inoe 10.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 349
  • Ineous G.jpg
    Ineous G.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 356
  • Ineous 2.jpg
    Ineous 2.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 368
  • Ineous .jpg
    Ineous .jpg
    118 KB · Views: 362
  • ineos 8.jpg
    ineos 8.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 359
  • ineos 5.jpg
    ineos 5.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 351
  • Ineos Grenadier Pricing.png
    Ineos Grenadier Pricing.png
    698.6 KB · Views: 114
  • Tougher Ineos Grenadier Info.png
    Tougher Ineos Grenadier Info.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 125
  • Tough Polycottom Light Khaki.jpg
    Tough Polycottom Light Khaki.jpg
    244.2 KB · Views: 43
  • Ineos Colours .jpg
    Ineos Colours .jpg
    480.6 KB · Views: 37
  • Light Khaki Polycotton (12).jpg
    Light Khaki Polycotton (12).jpg
    353 KB · Views: 28
  • Light Khaki Polycotton (11).jpg
    Light Khaki Polycotton (11).jpg
    383.5 KB · Views: 25
  • Light Khaki Polycotton (10).jpg
    Light Khaki Polycotton (10).jpg
    291.4 KB · Views: 25
  • Light Khaki Polycotton (9).jpg
    Light Khaki Polycotton (9).jpg
    260.5 KB · Views: 25
  • Light Khaki Polycotton (8).jpg
    Light Khaki Polycotton (8).jpg
    346.2 KB · Views: 28
  • Light Khaki Polycotton.jpg
    Light Khaki Polycotton.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 28
  • Light Khaki Polycotton (3).jpg
    Light Khaki Polycotton (3).jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 26
  • Light Khaki Polycotton (7).jpg
    Light Khaki Polycotton (7).jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 25
  • Light Khaki Polycotton (5).jpg
    Light Khaki Polycotton (5).jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 26
  • Light Khaki Polycotton (2).jpg
    Light Khaki Polycotton (2).jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 38
Last edited:

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:32 PM
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing Rovie. Yes, #3 on the illustration you provided does indeed verify that the thorax airbags are imbedded in the outside wings of the driver and passenger seats. Apparently the original equipment seat cover option accounted for this and those covers are noted with an “airbag” tag. I don’t see that the after market vendors (M&M, Tougher,etc.) have designed their covers for this. I would think they they should include slits, probably velcroed to the seats, to allow for deployment. But they should also be tested. I think that it is likely that folks who have installed after market seat covers have at the least disabled the thorax airbags, and worst case made them dangerous (if a bag fills up in a hundredth of a second but it is constrained by a cover does it blow up, or does it have enough energy to shred the seat cover)? Not trying to be an alarmist, but until these aftermarket vendors provide verification that their seat covers are designed (and tested) for this, you may want to consider removing those seat covers. Bummer because I was about to order the Tougher covers.
Just an extract from the M&M description:

Attachments

• M&M Seatcovers.jpg
    M&M Seatcovers.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 100

YIPPE

GG #00286
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:32 AM
Reaction score
FB_IMG_1699466229405.jpg
Arent the curtain airbags the ones running along the roof. I recall reading the ineos has 6 airbags. Assuming steering wheel. Above passenger grab handle. And one above each door.

lagartoboy

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
3:32 PM
Reaction score
Tatum or Bryan at Tougher, can you please address how your covers comply with airbag deployment in the seats?
Thanks.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Attachments

• IMG_3360.jpg
    IMG_3360.jpg
    730.7 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_3361.jpg
    IMG_3361.jpg
    737.7 KB · Views: 96

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:32 PM
Reaction score
Ordered Tougher - great communication during the ordering process and a superb price. Hope they live up to expectations.

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My Fieldmaster does have airbags in the seats, and I am satisfied thevTougher covers make due allowance for airbags. I have covers on order from Tougher, representing the very best of materials, build quality and durability at a sensible price.

Last edited:

Wilaspira

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My Fieldmaster definitely does not have airbags in the seats, and I am satisfied no current Grenadier model has built-in airbags in the seats. I have covers on order from Tougher, representing the very best of materials, build quality and durability at a sensible price.
I‘m looking at buying from them also. May I ask what material and colour you went for, how much postage came to and your expectations regarding import into UK costs?

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I‘m looking at buying from them also. May I ask what material and colour you went for, how much postage came to and your expectations regarding import into UK costs?

I attach a copy of my quote from Tougher for 2 fronts with headrests & centre console cover - charcoal - no Tougher logo. As there's currently a hiccup with their Paypal arrangements, I used WISE.com to effect the payment at a total cost of £197.50. As to UK import duties - well que será, será!

Last edited:

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I attach a copy of my quote from Tougher for 2 fronts with headrests & centre console cover - charcoal - no Tougher logo. As there's currently a hiccup with their Paypal arrangements, I used WISE.com to effect the payment at a total cost of £197.50. As to UK import duties - well que será, será!
Exact same quote for me, except I didn't delete the logos. (Paid mine yesterday).

Anything above £145 on goods will mean duty. Hopefully it will just duck under.

flynnsk

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
View attachment 7835348
Arent the curtain airbags the ones running along the roof. I recall reading the ineos has 6 airbags. Assuming steering wheel. Above passenger grab handle. And one above each door.
Yes , Curtain are typically mounted to the vehicle

cjsmith

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Plenty of time to find a quality aftermarket option. If you poke around the forums you’ll find lots of folks who regret the factory covers so the aftermarket is the way to go anyway.
Just put in a change to my order to get the leather seats and avoid the seat cover issue entirely. Waiting to hear from RDS whether the change can still be done for Q1.

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
We’re just playing conjecture about where air bags are in the seats or doors until the seat cover company comes back to discuss.

Even then - are seat cover makers required to provide certification that they work with airbags and if they did, what testing lab did the underwriting/certification? Does it make any difference?

My thought is that I would only use covers off road - so less chance of high speed collision with another car and airbags deploying

Last edited:

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
1:32 PM
Reaction score
What about the knee air bags in US models? Where are they located? In the door? The seat? The dash?

flynnsk

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
What about the knee air bags in US models? Where are they located? In the door? The seat? The dash?

EDIT (OMG found the Edit button!)

From earlier in thread, the German manual (translated) shows the knee airbags (#5) being 'under the dashboard'

Edit Again (One last time, I think)
---Airbags (shaded)
1. Driver (steering wheel)
2. Passenger (dash/glovebox)
3. Thorax x2 (seat wing)
4. Curtain x2 (chassis)
5. Knee x2 (under dashboard) -- US/CA only

Would appear 6 airbags = International , and NA (US/CA) = 8 ?
1702155709110.png

1702151231007.png

Last edited:

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I was entirely incorrect and was thankfully corrected with this image from our Mossy friends 🤣

The front seats most definitely have airbags on the outter sides.

1702221309308.png

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I was entirely incorrect and was thankfully corrected with this image from our Mossy friends 🤣

View attachment 7835431
You really take this serious if you went out and bought an x-ray machine just to verify!

Last edited:

lagartoboy

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score

View attachment 7835431
We haven’t yet heard back from the Tougher guys with a response about if their covers are designed to accommodate deployment of these airbags in the seats. M&M‘s covers are designed for deployment.

Back
Top Bottom